3-week update and some questions

Lo82
on 1/9/18 2:07 pm
RNY on 12/19/17

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well! Just thought I would post a 3-week update.

RNY: Tues, Dec 19, 2017

Height: 5'5

HW: 287

SW: 266.5

CW: 245.5

Total lost since surgery: 21 lbs

I feel a bit torn as I've been doing pretty well in terms of foregoing carbs and sugars. I know I'm not getting enough protein or liquids in - but I'm pretty close. If I have 1 extra bottle of water a day and 1 protein shake a day, I'll be golden.

I feel like losing 21 lbs in the first 3 weeks is good. I really wanted to lose 30 lbs in the first month, but I'm not sure that I'm going to get there. I'm hoping for 25 at this point. I've been eating a lot of cheese, ricotta bake, tilapia, salmon and eggs. I do crave sweets when I see others eating them, but otherwise, I don't have any cravings and I'm never hungry.

I've been following the NUT's advice for the most part. Because of advice on here, I have stayed away from the english muffins, crackers and bananas that I initially purchased (on my NUT's list), but that are carb/sugary and unnecessary for my nutrition right now. Where I haven't followed advice is that I've moved forward a little early (about a week according to my plan) on things like pepperoni, chicken and shrimp. They all were fine in my belly and I ate really slowly and chewed forever. The chicken and pepperoni were eaten based on what was available and where I was at the moment (a reception and a dinner at someone's house). The shrimp was at a restaurant where they didn't really have anything else I could eat, so I had shrimp ****tail as my dinner. I think I'll continue with the shrimp and have some tonight as my dinner. Everything else, I'll wait again until I have official "ok".

I walked a lot yesterday because it finally warmed up a bit. It's a frozen tundra here in Boston (with slushy, snowy streets and sidewalks), so I might have to take special trips to where I can walk inside.

I'm tracking what I'm eating, but not necessarily how much (weight, etc). I bought a food scale pre-op, but haven't opened it yet. I think more careful tracking will help me make sure that I'm following the advice of others who have had success (70+g protein,

RNY: 12/19/2017. Height: 5'5. Highest weight: 287. Weight at beginning of process: 276.4. Weight at start of pre-op diet: 270. Surgery weight: 266.5. Current weight (5/20/2019): 182

Lo82
on 1/9/18 2:20 pm
RNY on 12/19/17

In trying to fix my post that got cut off, I posted it twice. And I don't know how to delete things (if it's possible at all). Sorry all. Here is the rest of my post. I figured out why I had a problem and it was that the "less than" sign doesn't work. Here is the rest of my post:

...I'm tracking what I'm eating, but not necessarily how much (weight, etc). I bought a food scale pre-op, but haven't opened it yet. I think more careful tracking will help me make sure that I'm following the advice of others who have had success (70+g protein, under 25g carbs, 600-800 cals, etc).

I do have a question about vitamins if anyone can help... I am currently taking Bariatric Fusion multivitamins, vitamin D, Biotin and B12. Does anyone know if it matters when I take these (e.g. don't take the B12 within x hours of the multivitamin)? Also, is it bad to drink water right after the vitamins? I know we don't drink water right after eating because we don't want to wash everything away through our pouches without absorbing nutrients. Is it in the same with vitamins?

Oooo - another question for those who have made it this far - how long until your incisions healed? And what did they look like at 3 weeks (if you can remember)? I really don't think mine are infected, but I don't like the look of them all the same.

Thanks, guys!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views