12 weeks post op and appetite is back?

Lucile777
on 1/19/18 7:58 pm

i am 12 weeks post op and I have noticed that I'm getting hungrier and am able to eat more food. Is this normal? When did your appetite come back?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/19/18 8:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You will naturally be able to eat more food as time goes on; the swelling in your digestive system goes down and your pouch "matures." Totally normal.

Are you on a PPI/acid reducer? Acid can mimic hunger, as can dehydration.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lucile777
on 1/20/18 5:01 am

I definitely still struggle with getting the required water in! Any suggestions?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/20/18 2:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Different flavors and temperatures help a lot. Buy a bunch of different kinds of Crystal Light, Mio, and herbal teas and see if there's something you REALLY like. I know I'm much more inclined to drink my water when I have cherry-pomegranate flavor versus just plain!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Laura in Texas
on 1/20/18 6:05 am

I have felt intense hunger since day 1 (I am 9 years out). Keep following your plan and do not let hunger be your excuse to eat more. It is normal to be able to eat more the further we get out. Measure your portions and do not let your portion sizes creep up until you are at your goal weight.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/20/18 7:57 am

When I include more carbs in my diet - I get so very hungry. But limiting carbs and adding more fat to proteins can really help me. To a point when I sometimes have to remind myself to eat. When I eat carbs during the day is also important to me. If I eat some carbs earlier during the day (i.e fruits) I get more hungry as day progresses. But having some fruits with nuts as a snack in a mid afternoon (the 4pm hunger attack) works for me much better.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 340 views