What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

karenp8
on 2/5/18 5:03 pm - Brighton, IL

I either listen to music or watch tv. It's still boring but not as bad. I like JBs idea of covering thetime up. I'll try that tonight!

Kakesie
on 2/5/18 5:35 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family! Love the ceiling fan idea, Daisy! I have a very dusty ceiling fan right now that needs cleaned and I'm going to use that trick! Thanks!

QOTD: When I re-pot plants I put a coffee filter in the bottom of the pot to keep the dirt from falling through the drain hole.

Yesterday was my Sister-in-Law's Mother's funeral. I arranged the flowers for the funeral. I made ten arrangements each with a different saying like "Mom", "Wife", "Grandma", "Great Grandma", "Daughter", "Friend", "Sister", etc. on them. I'll attach a picture of one of the arrangements so you can see what they looked like. It snowed about a foot here and the temperature was near zero degrees. The pastor cancelled due to the weather, but in spite of that it was a lovely service, with several people giving heart-felt and loving tributes to her life. I got to spend most of the day with my brother, sister-in-law and their two boys, who are here from Virginia. I don't get to see them very often, so even though it was a sad occasion, it was nice to be able to spend time with them.

Accountability: Not very good. I ate funeral food for lunch, (ham & cheese sandwich, macaroni salad, 2 cookies) and then we all had pizza for supper. Protein - 70, Calories - 1.414, Carbs - 114

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: Will probably go out to eat somewhere with my brother & Sis-in-law

D: taco meat, cheese, sour cream

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, 2 Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Not sure yet

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

NYMom222
on 2/5/18 5:39 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The flowers are beautiful, and what a great idea.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kakesie
on 2/5/18 5:44 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Cynthia! The labels were my sister-in-law's idea.

Emiepie
on 2/5/18 6:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The flowers are beautiful-great job.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 2/5/18 8:24 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Kelly!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/18 11:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Beautiful flowers Karen. What a wonderful SIL you are!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 2/5/18 11:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Liz!

NYMom222
on 2/5/18 5:37 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning. Daisy I noticed your banana before working out. I am finding a little bit of fruit helpful for energy as well before working out.

I made some awesome Turkey Meatballs in the IP. I think I've finally perfected the combo. I've always added a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to anything with Turkey chop meat to help with color and flavor. Now I've started adding like a tablespoon of Tomato Paste per pound as well. Doesn't taste tomato-ey per se just better. Also started using ground pork rinds for bread crumbs and that seems to work.

Somehow I ended up eating 2 half bagels Fri/Sun. ugh. Not happy about that. Not that I won't occasionally eat one but I want it to be planned and really enjoyed. This was more your hungry and there are limited choices, shove it in your mouth.

Being doing my food diary this week, on paper first then later in MFP. My calories are leaning on the higher side of my range than I thought. hmmm. Bagels will do that of course. Talking to someone about nutrition Wednesday, will see if they have any good ideas. I am always willing to learn.

QOTD: Cleaning hacks? Hire a cleaner? Do love the magic eraser for the bottom of my tub. I have a steam cleaner for the kitchen floor, don't always use it, but when I do I love it, really not that hard to pull out. I use that Bar keepers friend if I need a little extra scrubbing power in the kitchen. Putting on music is my best cleaning hack. Somehow music keeps me going.

B: Usual latte, mint cookies and cream and cashew milk

L: Salad with pomegranates, turkey melt on lite english

pre-workout- 1/2 large orange

D: Roast Beef, mashed Cauliflower

S: Greek yogurt, PB on spoon

EX: Gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 2/5/18 6:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been wanting to try making meatballs for a long time (but I still have a bunch of commercial ones in my freezer). I can't wait to try it!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 203 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views