What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/7/18 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All -

sorry to hear about your back, Daisy. Yea - I rarely need ibuprofen any more (I used to get headaches *a lot*, but hardly ever anymore), but when you need it, it's really tough to white knuckle through it. Hopefully your PCP will prescribe Tramadol and that it will do the trick. A pulled muscle is the worst!!

Accountability: I went over my calories by about 100 yesterday, but I didn't have anything "bad". Weight has been 146-147 lately - so down slightly from when I was averaging 1700 kcal/day (currently averaging 1500/day). I'm not sure if it'll go down some more (a 200-calorie deficit equals a very slow weight loss - about 1-2 lbs a month), or if by dropping my calories I nipped a gradual regain in the bud (i.e., that my weight might have been on its way even higher if I'd have stayed at 1700), but we'll see. I'm feeling OK about it now, though - and not sure I want to drop back even more on my calories (although if I start to regain, I will...).

QOTD: I'm sort of a chlorine queen, so neither sharks nor stingrays sound too appealing. I don't really like swimming in lakes or oceans - too many squishy things to step on - some of them alive! Yuck!

2 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with PB2 and 1 T SF chocolate pudding mix (I miss my blueberry/blackberry sauce - back to that tomorrow!)

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax shake

L: 3 meatballs with 1/2 C marinara sauce and zoodles

AS: (only if needed to keep my hunger at bay until dinner): L&F yogurt or 2 T peanut butter on celery sticks

D: turkey taco meat with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt

I probably won't have enough calories left over for an evening snack, but if I do, and am hungry, then a piece of crustless protein pumpkin pie or another L&F yogurt

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ks76
on 2/7/18 6:55 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Morning everyone!

Sorry you're having back pain Daisy! That's the worst ever!

Today I am 10 weeks post op and while I step on the scale daily I never record it until Wednesday's but as of today I am down 46.8 pounds since surgery. (I am officially light enough to go Zip Lining now)

Accountability-I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday. No where near what I should have for protein intake but I wasn't feeling well so I'll chalk it up to that.

QOTD: We took our family to universal in 2012 and took them to Discovery Cove and the kids and my inlaws swam with the Dolphins and my husband and I swam with the the other critters while they were swimming with the Dolphins. There were manatees in there as well. It was pretty fun, and I'd like to go back again and maybe do the Dolphin swim. Or we can just do an excursion like that next time we take a cruise.

B: Premier Protein and I have no idea for the rest of the day. I need to run to the grocery store since it's my day off but its pouring and we are in tornado warnings..So I will probably eat tuna fish from the pantry and stay dry lol!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Au_Contraire
on 2/7/18 7:07 am

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

Sorry to hear you're in pain, Daisy, and I hope Things ease up. I still have a huge bottle of that oxycontin/Tylenol mixture from my immediate post-surgery days which I saved just in case a shark bites me! I think days are gorgeous creatures and I admire sharks in their lethal way, but I would not swim with either. I love the water, looking at it, anyway - it's so incredibly beautiful - but we have fairly common shark sightings here, and honestly swimming with them is just a step too far for me!

Things are seriously heating up here and I am in the final stretch of preparing to move. I found myself battling through an unpleasant fog of depression, nervousness, and being very overwhelmed, unwilling to move, but I am doing my best to look at this as a wonderful new adventure. It's awful right now, but once in on the road I think I will be pretty up about it all. I hired movers yesterday. I'm sad to leave so much behind, but cost-wise I simply can't take everything, and it's thousands as it is even after brutal pruning. Gave away thousands of dollars worth of books yesterday to my neighbor, who is avidly interested in the narrow subject range I'd seriously collected through the years. I'm only keeping reference books, good herbals, art books, and some children's books whose authors and/or illustrators I particularly love. Plus a few beloved volumes of fiction, and what few rare and valuable books I own. I love books and love a big library, but I will build one up again in time.

I still have a ton of packing to do, ugh. But it is getting done. And things are being sold.

After considering lots of different options, I found a beautiful place on Camano Island, about an hour North of Seattle. It looks very pure, fresh, beautiful, green and clean, and is connected to the mainland by a bridge, which I like, so I won't be dependent on a ferry schedule. PNW here I come! The good thing is I'll be close to my son, whom I have missed very much. My brother and his wife bought a house on the Gulf coast, and will put their home in Santa Barbara on the market in a couple of months, so soon they won't be here either. My favorite nephew may stay especially because he has a girlfriend here, but he may move with them as well. Then I'd have no family here at all, so it is a logical time to move. Now if only logic were able to obliterate negative emotion and nervous worry, I'd be set! I was much more of a fearless creature in my younger days, but I also had a much stronger backup support system than I do now. Still everything should be great, it's just worry, which never did anyone much good!

First: tea with cashew milk. Cinnamon Buns protein drink.

B: shrimp, green beans

L: turkey, cheddar

D: filet mignon, green beans

Take care of yourselves today my friends!

StephF20
on 2/7/18 8:27 am

Wow - you have a big adventure coming up! I've spent time in the San Juan Islands and loved it, so lucky you :-) I"m sure it is heartbreaking to say goodbye to your beloved possessions, and it will be interesting to see what you actually end up missing once you get there - maybe not as much as you think.

RNY 1/30/18 with Dr. Sorenson at St Luke's Center for Bariatric Surgery

Emiepie
on 2/7/18 9:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You have a big change for sure, best of luck as you decide.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Rosemi
on 2/7/18 7:49 pm

Hard to part with things...but great to make room for new memory pieces...I hope you really like the island...lots of little towns and nooks up there...bet you'll love it!

Amy Liz
on 2/7/18 7:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning OH'ers! I miss Advil just hearing about your pain Daisy. I hope you feel better soon! I have frequent neck/shoulder tension and lower back pain - what I wouldn't give for Advil!! Hoping yoga helps with this as Tylenol sure doesn't.

QOTD - No way - never!! I would totally freak out! I could probably shallow water snorkel in crystal clear water for pretty fish or coral, but that is about it!

Accountability - great!

14 mo post op - 159.0

b- coffee w/hc, SB iced coffee w/hh, HB eggs

l-italian sausage w/peppers and mushrooms

d-eggs w/mushrooms and cheddar

v/l - on track

e-walk!

Have a great day all!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Patty R.
on 2/7/18 7:58 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Sorry your uncomfortable Daisy. The loss of ibuprofen is awful. I have resorted to extra strength tylenol and a heating pad with a extra kick of an oxy type med for those really bad Lyme days.

Feel better soon!

yvonnef1964
on 2/7/18 8:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Accountability had peanut butter again, gave the jar away or it was going in the trash.

Qotd I think I would pass on the sharks and stingrays.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D steak and some kind of vegetable

Have a good day

StephF20
on 2/7/18 8:30 am

Good morning! Sorry to hear about the back pain - I hope it eases quickly!

Meals today -

scrambled egg with cheese

protein shake

Greek yogurt with protein powder mixed in

protein shake

tuna with mayonnaise

another protein shake if needed to get enough grams.

QOTD - I'm not a very confident swimmer, but if I got to the point where I felt better in the water, I would totally do stingrays - they are beautiful. I'm not sure about sharks - I would need to know more about what's involved, lol!

RNY 1/30/18 with Dr. Sorenson at St Luke's Center for Bariatric Surgery

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views