What's on our Menu Today (Thursday) RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 2/8/18 5:31 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and WLS Peeps! Snowy day yesterday! When it was close to the end of day I could hear a bunch of commotion in the hallway, the gals I work with were in an uproar as the company that plows are yard had left a large bank of snow ( about 15" high) in front of the cars, I was not worried as i always back my car into place. They ended up getting in touch with maintenace and had a young fella shovel in front of the cars and he even brushed off the vehicles...I got quite a laugh out of that one...I think this has been a long winter!

Accountability - I have a sams club container of peanuts in the kitchen, I had to move them upstairs in Joddies closet.....I heart peanuts.....

QOTD - Measure and chew,chew,chew. I can remember the first time I did not measure and did not chew my food well enough. As food settled into my new stomach it felt as if the air was being sucked out of me, I began to sweat and had to run to bathroom, I did not get sick, but did have a couple of dry heaves and did not ever let that happen again. Even today if I am eating out I will eyeball the portion and then eat less than what I anticipate to ensure I do not overeat. Just thinking about that feeling is bringing back memories.

B - deviled egg with light mayo

S - oikos triple zero

L - 90/10 burger no bun seasoned with liquid aminos, 1/2 cup of jasmine rice

S - five grain hot cereal and almond butter

D - sirloin and steamed broccoli

1382 calories , 110 carbs , 121 protein ( 72 carbs from the rice)

Weight was 201 this morning no BM.

Exercise - leg night tonight.

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

ks76
on 2/8/18 5:42 am
RNY on 11/29/17

I heart peanuts..lol! My husband as well and he eats them in bed at night while we're watching TV. I don't even like them but i'd like to tackle him and have some right now just b/c they said no nuts until at a minimum 12 weeks post op.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/8/18 6:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's almonds for me even though they wreck my intestinal system. I have some that need banishing now!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/18 5:44 am

QOTD I would say is to always have water with me. Also be open minded and listen to the vets.

Look at NSVs and not always the scale. I would lose it in my head when the scale wasn't moving.

B:Coffee and more coffee/ Egg bites that I made in the crock pot. I mixed full fat cream cheese with everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joes. The eggs I put in a small muffin pan and pu****er in the bottom of the crock pot and they stayed nice and moist.

L:Salad with ham

D:Steak or some type of meet

Have a great day

NYMom222
on 2/8/18 6:28 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I have done the eggbites in water, covered in the oven. My crockpot would never be big enough. It does make a huge difference. So creamy.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/18 5:50 am

I actually ate them this time. When I would do them in the oven they were always dry.

Hurt my pouch. The crock pot is one of the bigger ones. But I think I could do it with just pouring in into the crock pot without the muffin tin.

ks76
on 2/8/18 5:46 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Good Morning!

We had tornado warnings and tons of rain and 60* yesterday. Today, completely clear and its 30*..I think I'm ready for spring.

QOTD:I'm still learning but definitely the fluid intake. I couldn't drink plain water for a while in the very beginning, so I started drinking powerade Zero, Vitamin water zero, SF popsicles. Anything to be able to get fluid intake.

B: Egg salad made with 1T light mayo, and mustard. Eaten on 1/4 of a Joseph's lavash flatbread toasted.

S: Premier Protein Drink

L: Chicken and sauce leftover from dinner last night.

D: Same as lunch.

E: Going to the gym after work, will probably take a class of some sort.

Theduffman27
on 2/8/18 5:49 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Tornado warnings! Yikes - I guess I will stop complaining about the long winter!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

ks76
on 2/8/18 7:41 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Oh yeah..very common around here. When we bought our house 11 years ago we had a really bad storm come thru about 6 months later. Ended up being a tornado. Did $11,000 worth of damage to my brand new house. So now I FREAK when they mention the tornado warnings. Yesterday I didn't even realize it until I was coming back home after dropping my son off at school. The weather just "Changed" in that timeframe. I almost went back and picked him up. lol! My husband does NOT tell me when he sees that weather notification..says theres not enough xanax in the world to deal with it.

Emiepie
on 2/8/18 6:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and happy Friday-Eve! Daisy, I am glad that your back is feeling better but that is a bummer that you had to cancel your appt-hope they can reschedule you again soon if needed. I can't believe the wide range of weather everywhere. We broke a record here yesterday and it was 79 degrees.

Accountability: I was spot on all day!

QOTD: Weighing, not using my eyes to judge my portions.

Time since surgery: 3 years 5 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Salami, Carbmaster yogurt, and mixed nuts

D: Cloud egg, turkey sausage and 2 squares of dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF jam and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 miles ran this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1178 Protein:110 Carbs:69 Fat:55

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics