Any suggestions?

Cinch
on 2/8/18 7:44 pm
RNY on 06/20/16

Great idea! I only eat out once per week on Sunday with my entire family. Maybe I'll try eating a small portion of a food I enjoy and see if that helps. I'm not a real meat lover so I intended to get my proteins from fish and eggs. I have trouble digesting both for some reason. The only things I have trouble with???? Strange but true!

Donna L.
on 2/8/18 7:12 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Before my Celiac diagnosis I used to eat St. Joseph's pitas at Walmart. They make great teeny pizzas. I would only have 1/2 of one at the time, but it's real bread and doesn't taste awful. 10g per pita carbs, 5g of fiber. So 5g for half a pita isn't bad. Healthy Life bread isn't bad, either.

If I absolutely have to have pizza I will make the dough using this recipe. It's not low calorie, but since bariatric portions are smaller it's not as bad as eating a non-WLS pizza portion.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Cinch
on 2/8/18 10:14 pm
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks for the input Donna! I will try the pita pizza for sure!!!

NYMom222
on 2/9/18 5:17 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Joseph's are great. I actually like them better than most tortillas and they are softer easier to digest.

I also like a brand called Touyfayan. You can buy on Netrition, I used to be able to buy them at s local store. They have more calories but are much more like a normal pita.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

seattledeb
on 2/9/18 2:07 am

My advice would be to leave bread alone. You are not at your goal.

It took me about 3 years to "tolerate" bread again. It was hard to get even half a slice down. The 2 years of major regain were helped with frequent toast. It digests easily,it's quick to make, you can eat it again in an hour since there is no satiety, and it tastes so damn good. I really wish I had never touched bread. I've had no bread/toast since June.

I am a toast cautionary tale.

Writergurl08
on 2/9/18 4:29 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I fear this might be my temptation as well. I love toast!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

NYMom222
on 2/9/18 5:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes. Toast.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Cinch
on 2/9/18 10:14 am
RNY on 06/20/16

Unfortunately, my regain happened with carbs during a cancer ordeal where I could only eat what I could tolerate. And I can tolerate ALL carbs. But I think they may be trigger foods for me. Duly noted! That!

seattledeb
on 2/9/18 6:25 pm

Carbs are great food for people going through cancer recovery for the very same reason they are the worst for RnY. They digest FAST..starting in the mouth. It's a great way to bypass the bypass.

I helped many people struggling to eat after bone marrow transplants. Cracker,toast, and crazy strong koolaides were tolerated well. Fast uptake and quickly gone.

I hope that your recovery is behind you.

Cinch
on 2/12/18 11:39 am
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks so much! Is is behind me and I'm cancer free! I'm blessed and now ready to get back on track. Thanks for your insight.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics