What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/18 11:11 am

Enjoy your me time. We don't always get it. It is not always easy to do but it makes life so much easier when they do travel.

Au_Contraire
on 2/9/18 9:49 am

Hello my friends,

Just a quick fly-by today. The movers are coming Wednesday, the final clean-out/up on Thursday. Garage sale this weekend. Craigslist is chock full of scammers, even responding to "Washer/Dryer for Sale" listings with weird convoluted offers of overnighted money orders or cashiers checks from far away, providing i send them my complete contact information! I guess I have to go back into the post to specify "Cash & carry only, thank you".

Sorry I haven't time to read and respond to everyone's posts right now, but I wish all of you success and happiness, now and always.

QOTD: My mom. Wish I could have one more weekend, or even one more hour, with my mom. I miss her every day.

First: coffee w/ cashew milk. Vanilla protein drink.

B: turkey, cheddar

L: Ham, green beans

D: Not sure yet, but protein forward.

Have a wonderful day, my fe!low RnYers!

CarlRay
on 2/9/18 10:05 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good afternoon! I was supposed to be off today, but I decided on coming in to work for a half day. I started out by driving the kids to school, and my youngest suddenly became attached to me. Her little tears flowed, and she wanted to stay home with Dad (but I wasn't staying home). It was all I could do to just pull her out of school (buses weren't running anyway, it's not like they'd be doing much there today with 1/4 of the students there) and stay home. I have deadlines and overtime and all of that adult stuff, but I didn't want to adult today. So tomorrow I'll be taking them tobogganing and probably for a swim afterward at the sports complex. We can all "kid" tomorrow. I might even get in a snowball fight. I walked her to the door of the school, knelt down and wiped her face, gave her the extra hugs (we call it topping up their love bank for the day) and she was good after that. Keep them full of that and there's no room for anything else, which really seems to resonate with both of my girlies.

My menu today is sporadic but good. Breakfast was a little bowl (1 cup) of Vector cereal with 1% milk. My usual ff greek yogurt was all gone (groceries tonight) so that had to do. MS was a protein bar I had stashed at work, and lunch will be a shake as I work. AS I should be home for, which I am hoping to be a cheese string jammed inside a raw jalapeno. That is SO good. Who knows re: supper, but probably go out somewhere before groceries.

I don't have a photo for him handy, but I would bring back my Uncle Carl (the inspiration for my username) and have a coffee with him while he drank his beer and mine. We would sit around the wood stove or under the shade tree once the fieldwork was done, and share stories, grumble about the government and talk about the crops all day. We were super close, and I really miss him a lot. I might also bring back my friend/boss/mentor that passed away last May. It was often joked that we shared a brain, we were so alike. He was my workout buddy and slumped over a machine at the gym. They tried to revive him at the hospital, but it just didn't happen. He was an awesome friend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

HonestOmnivore
on 2/9/18 10:57 am, edited 2/9/18 6:27 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Posting, only read first page but I'll be back!

Accountability- stress ate some peppermint candy yesterday

QOTD- I'm not sure, but probably my mother in law. She died in her early 90s, she went to the hospital because she was having bad stomach pain after her morning bike ride. It turned out she threw a clot that blocked the blood supply to her gut - it was a painful and sad death. I'd like her to see how well her grandkids are doing.

11 months post RNY/139 lbs/ Weight-loss stage

B- Chia seed pudding -

MS- Black tea latte (made with vanilla elevation protein powder added to a cup of black tea)

L- Tuna salad (tuna plus cottage cheese, a bit of diced onion and ground pepper) on romaine lettuce

AS- ?

D- Homemade mushroom and pepperoni pizza

ES- mixed nuts

Total Calories: 1074, Protein: 121, Carbs: 60, Sugar: 13, Fat: 41

I've decided to up my MFP target to 1000 calories a day since that's much closer to what I'm actually eating and it seems to be allowing me to continue to lose weight while keeping me feeling good during my high exercise days.

Daisy, I'm always stunned by how hard you work out and how LITTLE you eat! Your body is a fined tuned machine!!! When I come close to your daily routine my energy levels are so low my brain barely functions. Like so many of us that ended up in the MO or SMO range, it just shows how our bodies refuse to function by the books. On paper you should be able to eat at least 1200 calories a day and LOSE weight.

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

ks76
on 2/9/18 11:22 am, edited 2/9/18 6:10 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Happy Friday everyone! I took the day off to take my dogs to the mobile vet for their vaccines so it?s been a lazy day for me.

Ive been browsing through the menu notes looking for ideas. I?m getting bored with the same things in my daily meals.

EDITED forgot the QOTD My grandfather! He passed away when I was pregnant with my son and they are exactly alike, I would've loved for them to meet. Thomas is such an old soul, we joke my grandpas spirit left his body and jumped into my womb lol.

B: crustless pizza leftovers from dinner last night (sausage, turkey pepperoni, and canned tomatoes made into sauce.

S: Babybel cheese

L: took lunch to my hubby at work. Made him a salad from the deli and grabbed me some veggie soup since I can?t have raw veggies yet. But I only ate a couple bites. Wasn?t very good.

D: turkey burger made into spaghetti. Noodles for the kids zucchini noodles for my husband and me.

My pics are my 15 year old and I before his Sadie Hawkins dance last weekend, and this morning taking the pups to the vet.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Kakesie
on 2/9/18 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

You and your son have the same smiles! And your fur baby is so cute!

bethmal
on 2/9/18 3:51 pm, edited 2/9/18 7:55 am
RNY on 12/26/17

TGIF! This is my birthday weekend. We are ripping out the kitchen tomorrow and then we are going to Lancaster, PA to shop on Sunday. Looking forward to getting something new to wear.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Meal 1 Calories kcal Carbs g Fat g Protein g Sodium mg Fiber g
Egg - Egg, 1 large 72 0 5 6 71 0
Bacon - Bacon, 1 pieces 40 1 4 3 160 0
Snack (1)
Premier Protein - Chocolate Protein Shake, 1 Shake (11fl oz) 160 5 3 30 210 3
Meal 2
Generic - Cauliflower and Cheese Casserole, 5.33 ounces 170 6 13 8 470 2
Snack (2)
Oikos - Oikos Vanilla, 1 container 120 19 0 12 45 0
Meal 3
Filippo Berio - Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp 120 0 14 0 0 0
Onions, raw, 0.1 cup, chopped 6 1 0 0 1 0
Peppers, sweet, red, raw, 0.1 cup, chopped 5 1 0 0 1 0
Purdue short cuts - Chicken strips, 0.13 cup 23 0 1 5 0 0
Totals 716 33 40 64 958 5
Your Daily Goal 800 60 27 80 2,300 25
Remaining 84 27 -13 16 1,342 20

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Kakesie
on 2/10/18 3:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Birthday!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/18 4:55 pm, edited 2/9/18 8:55 am

Homemade five minute chicken soup ( organic chicken stock, water , half a knorr chicken soup cube , baby carrots diced, celery diced , frozen peas) - 4 cups

( feeling lousy - hard and cold day working in the city yesterday)

shrimp with ginger scallion sauce ( fat free ) about 1 lb

Ate half- will eat other half in the course of the nite

thought about salad- no go

thought about a sandwich- no go

3 sticks of vegan jerky- primal strips. AMAZING.

Who do I miss most ? The little girl who had stars in her eyes talent brains looks and a lot of hope. Yep she's pretty much dead and done for..

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views