Cramping on right side-1 week post-op

ashhbh
on 2/26/18 11:18 am

Hi there-I am one week post-op and all has gone pretty well. Today, however, I am cramping on the right side near my largest incision site. I know the muscle(s) there went through a lot of trauma during surgery. I have not had to take the liquid pain med in days and I want to avoid taking it again. (I have taken 1 Tylenol and I am working on fluid intake.) I also left a message at the doctor's office. I just wonder if any of you have experienced the same issue.

Thanks!

Writergurl08
on 2/26/18 12:09 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm 11 days post op and still get little twinges that remind me I'm not 100% healed. Nothing painful enough that I've considered taking pain meds though. If it's as bad as that I'd definitely ask the doc

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/18 1:59 pm, edited 2/26/18 6:00 am

I had a bad pain 10 days out and had to go to emergency. After a cat scan they found I had ischemia, which meant a piece of tissue had died since surgery. They put me on antibiotics by IV and i believe a pain medication. I went home with prescription to take antibiotics.

It went away with the antibiotics but was frightening at the time.

The worse was the nurse had the IV going so fast I felt my arm was going to blow off. It brought me to tears it hurt so bad but he (male nurse) told me I needed to get the medicine in Quickly.

seek medical attention if it is not just normal feeling post surgery pain or gets worse.

10 years ago almost and only complication to speak of.

(edited for spelling typo)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views