Anxious

ashhbh
on 3/3/18 11:05 am

I had surgery on 2/19 and it feels good to get out. I tire very easily. (I'm still on liquids/protein shakes.) That said, I walked on the treadmill at a slow pace for about 40 minutes. I am trying not to push too hard, but I also want to be sure I am doing enough.

I am a little nervous about introducing soft foods into my diet this week. I have guidance on what to try, but I am not sure why I am afraid of it.

I am scheduled to go back to work soon. I don't like borrowing trouble from the future, but I am very worried about being able to focus on my recovery. My job is extremely stressful with long hours and I don't want it to be a barrier to my health anymore. I am in the process of looking for another job, so at least I am taking some action on that front. Nothing has materialized, however. I just need to keep the faith, but that's easier said than done sometimes.

Just in an odd place right now. It will pass. Thanks for letting me share.

Writergurl08
on 3/3/18 1:06 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I just switched to soft food a couple days ago. I tried cottage cheese, and a soft scrambled egg with some cheese melted with it (I didn't eat all the egg). Just start slow, tiny bites, and you'll be great :) I think my only fear is being at work or out somewhere the first time I get the "foamies." I expect it to happen at some point but trying not to stress out about it. My doc gave me 4 weeks just to make sure I had a good handle on eating and getting enough liquids. Could you get more time approved off from your doc?

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

ashhbh
on 3/7/18 1:45 pm

Hi there! It looks like I can get more time off. I am thinking I will take one more week then go for 1/2 days for a bit (another forum friend suggested that).

How are you doing?

Stitch83
on 3/3/18 8:32 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

Go to the world according to egg face blog and type in purées or soft food and the recipes that will come up are AMAZING. I'm soooo excited to start the next stage...in a week and a half lol!!

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

ashhbh
on 3/7/18 1:43 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. That blog IS amazing! I bought the ingredients for the high protein granola yesterday! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!!!

How's your next stage going?

Stitch83
on 3/7/18 5:01 pm, edited 3/7/18 9:01 am
RNY on 02/26/18

It really is! You're very welcome. I cannot wait to try some of the recipes. I?m still in full fluids so not much flexibility here. Planning to start purées on Monday. I hope you enjoy some of the recipes, let me know how they go.

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/4/18 5:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think the important things for me at work immediately after WLS were: 1) only eat something you have already tried at home and in the same quantity; 2) carry a water bottle with you everywhere and sip, sip, sip constantly; 3) set reminders for vitamins.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

ashhbh
on 3/7/18 1:40 pm

I love all of these ideas! I bought a great "strawless" water bottle and use my phone as an alarm clock. I didn't consider the food part, so thank you! I hope you are having a great day!

White Dove
on 3/4/18 5:54 am - Warren, OH

If you can walk 40 minutes on the treadmill, you do not have to focus on your recovery. You have bounced back fine. I had surgery on a Tuesday, was doing housework on the weekend and back to work the following Monday. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, but felt better every day.

Let me know what type of work you do.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ashhbh
on 3/7/18 1:40 pm

Thanks for sharing your success and encouraging me!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 771 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 374 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 501 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 156 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 276 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?