Scared, anxious, nervous!

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/18 11:08 am
VSG on 03/01/18

I'm feeling like this right now. I'm sooo absolutely freaked out. And preop made me more freaked out. I really think they (preop nurses) were messin w me jis to make me more afraid. So in the middlenof the nights-I'm always about to call & cancel soon as they open. Then in the middle of the day I'm preparing myself for surgery. So Blessed to read all the comments that said this is totally normal. I don't know why I didnt realize it's normal but I didnt. I truly thought I was the only one dealing with this particular kind if hell. This emotional turmoil is much worse than the physical pain of surgery- that I know. Nothing worse than the "what ifs" that can mess w anyone. Like if we did the "what if" w every aspect of life, we'd be too afraid to leave the house. Cuz noone can guarantee if we're going to wreck, get a flat, a ticket, ect. Just like no one can guarantee us a perfect surgery but the odds are in our favor. We've proven a good candidate, we've read, joined forums, talked to loved ones, all the rest is just unwanted unnecsarry worry. I hope ur recovering well. God Bless.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/18 2:57 am
RNY on 03/05/18

I just decided I had made up my mind and didn' think twice basically. Journal your whys..once you write down why your doing this, you can truly see the reasoning behind it all. That is what got me through it. And that is how I managed to get not think twice after knowing all my reasons why and seeing how much I needed this.

You can do thid!!

Loki
on 3/8/18 2:21 am
VSG on 03/27/17

I cancelled my surgery 3 times, Thank god I scheduled it 4 times. Believe me when I say, it is the best thing I have done for myself. I was terrified of the surgery and all that followed, but it has been a great experience. I had the gastric sleeve surgery on March 27th last year and I reached my goal 4 months ago. You will be giving yourself the gift of a great long life. Good luck!

Queen JB
on 3/8/18 3:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I can't say I was anything but excited for mine, so I am afraid I can't relate to that part, but I can offer a happy post-op story!

I have not had one second of regret about this surgery. Not one. There was some pain at first, and the hair loss, and I learned the hard way about chewing and portion size...BUT...

None of the inconveniences measure up to the amazing results. I got to goal in 9 months, and have stayed within a 5lb range for 2.5 years (I have never ever done that in my entire life!). I run now. I am a runner! I wear a size S and don't feel embarrassed when I go into a clothing store. I don't feel like people are looking at me when I order food at a restaurant or watch me when I put food in my grocery cart. My coworkers have only known me at this size and I don't feel like an outcast for being fat in a young, skinny, healthy office.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work! I spend over an hour a day planning, logging, and weighing my meals. I come onto OH every day for support, too. Getting to goal was easy. Staying here has been a lot harder. But again, I have never regretted the time and hard work it takes. I only wish I had the surgery sooner.

Good luck--I hope you have the same experience!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?