What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 3/7/18 2:09 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi everyone, how are you all? Ugh I ended up getting a brutal migraine yesterday afternoon. I went right home after work and took some strong meds and went to bed. I am sorry for sounding like a broken record but this is getting super frustrating! I hope you all are doing better than me!

Accountability: I stayed on plan but yesterday but it was a white knuckle day for me. I was craving carbs so bad and I swear when I am not feeling well with my migraines I just want to eat a sleeve of crackers or dive into a box of cookies. I ALMOST caved! But all I could think about was "do it for CAMAW Daisy!!!" So I stayed on plan but boy was it hard!!!

QOTD: Do you talk out loud to yourself? I do, not often but I have been known to read an email back to myself before I sent it to make sure it sounds right. I also talk a lot to my dogs (do other pet owners do this too?) I know they can't answer me back but I do talk to them a lot. My husband is the worst for talking out loud to the TV, especially when its a game of some sport. He often will yell out "Come ON!" and I will look at him and say "what????" and then he sheepishly will say "sorry I was yelling at the TV!" LOL LOL that man and his sports!

Time since surgery: 4 yrs + 3 months

Doing CAMAW

B: rivers of decaf coffee with vanilla PP used as creamer then two deli turkey & swiss roll ups

L: 4 slices of bacon & 3 tsps of goat cheese (mixed together)

S: 4 slices of bacon & two baby bel cheese

D: 3oz (approx 10) shrimp with ****tails sauce

S: skyr yogurt

TOTALS: 860 calories, 97 protein, 22 carbs

V: patches are on (Multi, Iron, B12, Vit D & Calcium) + extra oral D3 & B12

E: 5km run at the gym and leg night

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 3/7/18 2:31 am

Morning!

Ugh sorry you are plagued with these migraines Daisy!

Day two was a success for me, but I think I'll be doubling up on the miralax/restorlax this morning...

qotd: sometimes to myself, and often to the dog! Probably too often...

accountability: yesterday's stats: calories 790, carbs 16, protein 109

menu:

B: premier and coffee

L: leftover steak

D: bone in pork chop

S: boiled eggs

S2 if needed: a can of Thai tuna

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

MeerKat1994
on 3/7/18 2:53 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Sorry about the migraines, Daisy. They seem terrible :(

My first two days of shadowing the school social worker have been a blast. It's heartbreaking at times to hear about the trauma such young kids go through, but incredibly exciting to hear about their healing. Such a privilege for me!

QOTD: yes! Too much. I practice conversations and often times repeat how ones in the past should have gone. Or, and this is super embarrassing,I will give speeches like I'm running for congress or something. Haha

CAMAW

1. Premier
  2. chicken and pepper jack cheese
  3. string cheese and hb egg
  4. tuna and mayo
  5. maybe some Brie cheese. I need something with a high fat content for a medication, plus Brie is so tasty!

peachpie
on 3/7/18 3:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks!! Snow day for us! I was going to take today off regardless- but now everyone is home. My day will only include PJ's, fuzzy socks, a Snuggie, Netflix and comfort food.

accountability: so it took three months but I went off my plan. I did have birthday cake of my sons. But I decided to have it- cake on my son's birthday didn't make be obese, it's the cake I had for every other reason under the sun. But I have not dipped into the cereal container and have not had biscuits/bread. And since I've had cake, I've not had the planned treat for this month yet either

Qotd: sometimes I talk to myself out loud. My boss walked in on me doing that, he joked he didn't want to interrupt since I was intensely arguing with me. I'm the smartest person I could ever talk to-- I can't help myself!! My conversations with the pets are usually just 'can you please move?', they rarely comply.

2.10 Years out, 207 today

m1: egg, egg white, banana ham 2oz

m2: chicken parm, no noodles

m3: bourbon chicken chunks, salad

m4: chili, cornbread

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Queen JB
on 3/7/18 3:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Running late and on the train so please excuse all my inevitable typos!

Accountability: Awesome day 2 of AMAW.

QOTD: Absolutely. I think it's only a problem if you hear voices talk back!

b: Chicken sausage link cooked with coconut oil

s: rotisserie chicken

l: ribeye

s: beef meat stick

d: steak tips

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 3/7/18 3:55 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning Daisy and menu folks! Daisy, I am so sorry that you are struggling with alot of migraines. I hope that it improves soon.

When I went out this morning to drive my wife to work, there was about half an inch of snow on the ground. It had been calling for rain, but obviously we got some snow too. Fortunately the roads were okay.

I'm back at my computer working again today. Yesterday I went out for lunch with a friend and it ended up also including lots of errands and even a movie. I was really tired and achy last night, but I slept well and feel mostly better this morning. I plan to do more resting today.

QOTD: I work in a cube farm so I have unlearned talking to myself while working. I do, however, talk to the cats all the time. And Daisy, they do often "answer". Not in human English of course, but they do meow or merp at me in response. Whether they understand or it is just a natural response, I won't say, but I do it anyway!

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, turkey bacon, oatmeal

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake, cantaloupe, almonds

Lunch: salmon, spinach, blueberries

Snack: turkey breast, apple, cashews

Dinner: maybe I will finally have the roast beef and cauliflower

Exercise: I'd like to do a couple of miles of walking but I'll see how I feel

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MeerKat1994
on 3/7/18 4:56 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Haha aww my cat would meow back, too. I like to think he understood. There were even a couple of times while I was crying that he would come uup and rest his paw on my hand.

I swear our pets "understand" us or at least understand the emotions in our words.

catwoman7
on 3/7/18 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

your menus the last few days have looked so scrumptious and healthy!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/18 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm so sorry you are continuing to suffer with migraines. I can't imagine what having them day after day is like. I hope the weather (or whatever is causing them) settles down soon.

We have some rain this morning, then clearing by mid-morning. We still will walk with our group for coffee this morning, then a bunch of us are going out to lunch on the water. Line dancing this afternoon rounds out this busy retirement day.

CAMAW is going well for me. I did have more sodium than I should have yesterday due to turkey pepperoni and mozzeralla prosciutto sticks, but still dropped weight. I wasn't hungry and didn't crave the chocolate chip cookies DH and SIL were eating last night (that's when I had the mozzarella prosciutto sticks).

QOTD: I don't count talking to my pets as talking to myself. Even though they can't respond, I think they understand some of it. I do read important things I have written out loud to check for grammar, emphasis and length. I've noticed that DH (who struggles a lot with communication skills with early Alzheimers) reads out loud all the time now. It must help him understand/remember?

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Fish of some sort (out to lunch)

D: possibly leftovers from lunch

S: maybe prosciutto mozzarella stick, maybe Yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

supershopper
on 3/7/18 4:43 am

Hi all

QOTD: I read out loud proofreading, when i get mad at myself I talk to myself like come on hill get it together.

I talk to dogs and chickens regularly. the chix talk back and so do the pups.

Accountability. I ate well last night and woke up to a 5 pound gain??? what the heck. I think it is the recent more strenuous exercise. Last night did 20 min on this new fangled elliptical that is kind of a hybrid stair/elliptical. then I did this vibrating plate where you hold poses on it for a min at a time and it is supposed to help you lose faster and improve circulation? all it must have done is shaken 5 pounds into me lol- It's supposed to go out of the body!!

Liver dr today hopefully I can get some answers.

Food for today:

protein cake

leftover wings

kelp noodles/veg/meat

Trying to stop by the asian market on way home and see about getting some shiritaki noodles/kelp noodles and some nori and such so I don't have to order online.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics