What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/18 1:26 pm

YAY good for you you gosh darn little mermaid .cant wait to see that tail in action !

HonestOmnivore
on 5/14/18 7:24 am, edited 5/14/18 12:25 am
RNY on 03/29/17

Hello menu friends!

I've been in the upside down world for a few months thanks to a recurrence of depression. I'm still in the dark place but trying to work all my tools to get through it whi*****ludes coming back here to report in.

QOTD- I invented a belt sander when I was four. My dad thought it was hysterical because I was trying so hard to draw it with crayons and I had taped several sheets of sand paper into a belt and was trying so show how you could modify a skil saw to drive it... He took me to a hardware store and showed me an actual belt sander. I was so confused because dad always had us kids sanding stuff and if belt sanders existed why???? Now I realize that keeping us sanding was his go-to method of babysitting. When I was six I "invented" an exhaust scrubber. This was in 1973 and pollution was a big issue, and I kept hearing about all the heavy metals that were polluting the air so I thought we could put magnets all around the inside of chimneys in dirty plants then scrape off the heavy metals every couple of days. My creative skills peaked at six. Nothing much since then!

13 months post RNY/135lbs/Weight Loss stage

B- Green Chai Tea with vanilla protein powder added

MS- Green Chai Tea with creamer

L- Poke Bowl (salmon on mixed greens)

AS- smoked almonds and dark chocolate

D- fried chicken breast (school fundraiser) and green beans

ES- Frosty Chocolate RTD protein

Total Calories: 1,381 Protein: 147 Carbs: 61 Sugar: 18 Fat: 65

Exercise: Biked to work (50 minutes total), stairs (32 floors)

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

CarlRay
on 5/14/18 7:32 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning! Weekend was good. Hung around the house with the kids, while Momma went shopping on Saturday. I didn't do a whole lot, just messed around. Sunday we picked up a new bike for the youngest daughter, as she's growing like a weed; so a bike ride happened before I took them to my parents' place for a visit.

Menu: B: "Birthday cake" flavoured protein bar and a coffee. Never had that flavour before, but it wasn't bad. MS/AS: finger sized meat stick plus 1/2 cup cottage cheese with cucumber chunks in it.

L: protein shake

S: Unknown but probably chicken something or other. Drum lesson night, so it'll be quick whatever it is.

A while back I posted about a weird anomaly on my EKG at my one-year appointment. My family doctor wanted it looked at, but my WL clinic doctor (also a cardiologist) wasn't concerned. I erred on the side of caution and went for the testing route. I haven't had any heart problems in the past, but my awesome family doctor wants to run a bunch of tests to make sure everything's cool in there. I'm OK with the notion of better safe than sorry, and I'd rather find a problem and fix it now. The Holter monitor is on for 3 days, and in a few weeks I'll have an ECG and stress test. Given my weight loss, my lifestyle (cycling, walking, gym), all I can do is keep this up and do my part. They can do the rest if there's anything even to do. Feeling fine.

QOTD: I never really "invented" anything, but found ways to improve things I already had. Sometimes that meant ruining things (my Dad's power drill, for example). On the farm, it was usually dangerous to leave me alone in the barn. My uncle made a comment once that the wood shop made the barn dusty, and working out there on anything was really stuffy. The old ceiling fans in the shop didn't cut it and there was no air movement. Well, I had 2 old industrial fans that needed some repair, so I tore those apart. Once I got them working, I mounted them in the ceiling of the barn. There wasn't enough room on the electrical panel for another breaker (and I didn't mess around with that much then) so I had to figure out a way to turn these things. I rigged up a pulley system with fan belts, and ran it to an old transmission and engine we had sitting in a metal frame on mounts. I had once intended on making a go-kart but I abandoned that and it just sat there. The car (a Dodge Omni) had long since rusted away but the engine was good. I set it up so that I could sit on a bucket inside this old angle iron frame, start the engine, push in the clutch and put it in gear, and the transmission turned the shaft, which drove the pulleys to turn these two blades in the ceiling. I learned the hard way that I had to reinforce the ceiling framing, but after that I was able to shift the car all the way through the gears. The noise in the barn was deafening, but boy did it clear out the dust (and anything not nailed down). My uncle came back and just shook his head. Said maybe 1st or 2nd gear might be more than enough, LOL.

Queen JB
on 5/14/18 2:55 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I really wanted to like the Birthday Cake flavored protein bar, but the flavor didn't match how I imagined the consistency. Chewy cake was just too gross for me and I was so sad!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CarlRay
on 5/15/18 5:50 am
RNY on 02/28/17

LOL yeah, I wouldn't want to put a candle in it once a year, but with my coffee, I made it work. I liked the sprinkles on it, that was a nice touch. haha

catwoman7
on 5/14/18 7:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we ended up buying a new (to us - a 2015) car this weekend. We were planning on getting a newer one sometime this year anyway because one of our cars was 17 years old with over 200K miles on it, but I was not expecting that to happen this weekend! DH had taken it in for a tune-up Saturday morning and to have them check to see why the emission light was on. They found multiple problems with the car - one rendering it unsafe to drive - and it would have cost $1600 to fix them all. On a 17-year-old car? No thanks. It made no financial sense to do that, so we decided to just get another one. So we spent most of Saturday looking at, test driving, and deciding on a car. We bought a 2015 Honda Civic SE and I love it! (although I miss my old baby! Loved that car!! But I was not going to drive an unsafe car!)

QOTD: I think I need more coffee - I can't think of anything! Years ago I thought highway rest stops should have butt-massaging chairs, but for all I know, cars may now come with those!

2 years 11 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade cranberry/cherry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein/Miralax chocolate latte shake

L: chili

AS: yogurt?

D: pork or salmon, vegetables

ex: Aqua Zumba

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 5/14/18 12:47 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy New Car Day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Megdot582
on 5/14/18 7:55 am
RNY on 04/30/18

Yesterday was awesome. I was able to do laundry and I finished a baby quilt that I have been working on (on and off) for months! I was tired at the end of the day, but not exhausted!

Qotd: I have always been creative. Drawing, crafting, sculpting, writing... but never inventive. Now that I quilt I occasionally think of a tool that would be great to have, but never as an invention always as a "let me Google this and find it". I guess the closest thing would be I designed my sewing table. I designed it in a 3d program (I typically use to create characters) and sent it to a closet shelf company who did our closets and my vanity table when they built our house. 3 months later I had my table.

Accountability: Yesterday was spot on.

Bf: 1/3 premier protein, 2oz yogurt, 6grams PBFit

L: 1/3 premier protein, 4 oz bone broth

D: 1/3 premier protein, 4oz butternut squash soup

S: creamy protein jello cup, 4oz 1%milk

Calories= 404 perfect for the end of stage 2 which is Wednesday!

Amy Liz
on 5/14/18 7:56 am, edited 5/14/18 1:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone! I had a super fantastic weekend and I'm paying for it all today! Went to LA, Long Beach and San Diego to visit my mother-in-law, did lots of sightseeing everywhere, went at the beach and was able to see my son on Mothers day! I ate some bad things, got a sunburn, spent way too much time on the crowded freeways of So Cal and am going on very little sleep, but I made to work this morning in one piece! SO WORTH IT!!!

QOTD - I always think up stuff then find out it already exists, haha!

Accountability - I ate all the things - back at it today!

17+mo post op - 171.9

b-coffee and HB eggs

l-lettuce wrapped burger

d-meat TBD

v/l - on track

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Librarian67
on 5/14/18 11:19 am
RNY on 02/28/17

So glad you got to see your son!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?