What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/18 3:17 pm

Not for me. Too open. If they pop up here and there I usually notice (though who knows? The world is full of spirits, seen and unseen. I suspect that even someone who sees doesn't see anywhere near to everything that's actually there). I find those moments to be interesting, but I definitely don't seek out creepy experiences! I also hate scary movies - suspense is ok, but I really, really don't like being scared. Life has enough challenges! But I know not everyone agrees with me, and I hope you have a wonderful time!

Kakesie
on 6/13/18 4:10 am
RNY on 02/19/16

COOL!

Sheila_H
on 6/12/18 8:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB - yippee for the formal offer. Great to be in that position to have to think about it instead of taking the offer right away. Congrats.

QOTD: I was on a constant diet before surgery so hungry doesn't affect me as much as tiredness. But I don't get mad, I just get spacey and zone out.

Accountability : cals:835 protein:107 carbs:18

B: egg frittata (jimmy dean)

L: chicken skewers

S: cheese

D: up in the air. MIL is spending the night here. Now THAT's when I get cranky!

Happy Tue.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

JB1114
on 6/12/18 9:11 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good morning! We had thunderstorms last night and much needed rain.

Julia, congrats on being almost finished with the floors and the job offer. Your mom is so fortunate to have you. Taking the job where you've already worked and liked could be a bonus. You never know how things will go when you go to a new job.

QOTD: I'm most cranky when tired.

The 2 lbs. that showed up on the scale yesterday are gone this morning. Now, I need to lose the remaining few lbs. Brownies are gone and only a little Party Mix is left but hubby can have it. I need to bake me some sweet things that are bariatric friendly.

Got an email from American Red Cross that my A- blood is urgently needed so I'm going to donate this afternoon. I'm supposed to drink at least 16 oz. of water and have a hearty breakfast and lunch. The water is not a problem but my meals aren't hearty.

Breakfast: Quiche (OH recipe); 1 pork sausage patty; 1 piece 45 calorie bread sprinkled w/Splenda-Cinnamon mix

Lunch: Salad w/Olive Garden light dressing; Egg Salad

Snack: Protein shake

Dinner: Potstickers

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

catwoman7
on 6/12/18 9:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yikes - I"m really late posting this morning!

first, congrats on getting the offer letter, JB! I'm curious to learn what your decision is on this, but at least you got that offer and have something lined up regardless of what you decide!!!

accountability was good yesterday. Need to keep this up!!! I want to lose five pounds before my plastic surgery in August!!

QOTD: definitely when I'm tired. The only person I really get cranky around is DH, and I feel sorry for him having to put up with it sometimes!!

3 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and strawberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein chocolate latte shake

L: turkey taco meat with lettuce, tomato, plain Greek yogurt, salsa

AS: probably yogurt or protein pumpkin pie

D: chicken breast with masala sauce

ES: miso soup? (have been having this a lot lately - more filling than other "beverages" because it has a little tofu in it - plus lots of sodium which makes me bloat!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/12/18 9:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Do you make the miso soup yourself?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 6/12/18 9:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

no - although I have made it before. This is just the instant kind I picked up at an Asian grocery. It's not bad. I always have some at work and at home. Just add boiling water...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Kakesie
on 6/12/18 11:25 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Afternoon Julia and Menu Family!

Congratulations on the job offer, Julia!

Sorry I didn't post earlier. I went in early for an endoscopy at the hospital this morning. Everything checked out fine. The hardest part was not being able to drink anything after midnight.

QOTD: I'm almost NEVER cranky or angry. If I'm tired I get spacey and if I'm hungry I get "low blood sugary" and need to eat right away.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 92, Calories - 1,190, Carbs - 113.

B: apple juice, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana

L: chicken cold cuts & cheese on 45 calorie bread, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice turkey meal

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, banana

E: walking Blossom

Have a GREAT day everyone!

~ Karen

Au_Contraire
on 6/12/18 11:56 am, edited 6/12/18 4:57 am

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

JB, congrats on winding down on what sounds like an absolute ordeal! I'm sure your mom and dad's new floors are going to be flat-out gorgeous! And big congratulations too, on your formal job offer - with raise! I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

I am going to post separately about reaching, as of today, my one-year surgiversary, but briefly, everything is going well, and I am feeling very healthy and very happy.

QOTD: Hunger and fatigue don't figure into making me snappish. I can have a temper, though I have decided to really try not to blow up at anyone in the future, as I have actually lost friendships as a result. I generally only let people have it if there has been what I perceive as either a real betrayal of friendship, or a long series of really inappropriate behaviors. But all in all I stay pretty patient and sanguine, and try to be kind and to have a good time. Fatigue and hunger are minor factors which make me want to sleep and eat more than lash out.

First: 38 ounces of tea!

B: Boeuf bourguinon with a little plain Greek yogurt (I like using plain Greek yogurt as a tangy condiment)

L: Ham with smoked gouda

D: chicken

S: a bit more of what I had for breakfast!

have a wonderful day my friends!

Amy Liz
on 6/12/18 12:15 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY, CARA!!! You are doing great

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views