Day 6 Post Op Update

LindyLin
on 7/16/18 12:15 pm, edited 7/16/18 12:21 pm

(I kinda feel like doing daily updates... if they get old fast, tell me pls!)

Today I am emotional. Not hysterical, but a big bottom lip and crocodile tears. I cried on the phone with the pharmacy because my Rx was delayed about 2 hrs. I cried last night because I wanted fried chicken, then I cried thinking about chickens being killed to make fried chicken. Then I cried more when my friend asked why I was crying.

When I sit in one position for a long time, I get very bad ab cramps. But otherwise the pain is managable, yayyy! (I cried about having an ab cramp earlier.)

About to star****ching a funny movie... can?t wait to start crying about it any minute now.

HW: 286

SW: 264

CW: 163

RNY on 7/10/18 with Dr. K. Vaziri, Washington DC

Extended TT, Breast Lift, and Lipo with Fat Transfer to Buttocks on 7/24/19 with Dr. Joseph Michaels

Lower face and neck lift, 7/27/20, Dr. Henry Sandel

Emiepie
on 7/16/18 12:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I remember going through something similar. I don't know it was "hormone dump" or just exhaustion from healing from surgery. I vote for something to watch like Napoleon Dynamite, Uncle Buck or something like that...Mrs. Doubtfire...I could go on.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greatmum41
on 7/16/18 1:53 pm

Don't feel bad I'm 6 days out as well as had a crying session myself last night. I'm guessing are hormones are a mess right now.glad to hear you are feeling well overall.

LindyLin
on 7/16/18 2:46 pm

Oh boy... hormones are a beast! Hope you are feeling well!

Extended TT, Breast Lift, and Lipo with Fat Transfer to Buttocks on 7/24/19 with Dr. Joseph Michaels

Partlypollyanna
on 7/16/18 5:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sorry you are having a bad day! Just remember you had major surgery and cut yourself some slack! I had my emotional day on the way home from the hospital, the first pharmacy sent me to a second pharmacy whose computers were down, so went to a third and they said they couldn't fill "everything" so I needed to go to a 4th -- at that point I was bawling and about to start yelling (in that high squeaky voice that sound so awful) when my sister stepped in, took me home, put me to bed and then just took care of everything. That wasn't my lowest point -- all good from then on -- hope today is your low point and it's positive from here!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LindyLin
on 7/16/18 6:30 pm

Omgggg what a pharmacy nightmare!!

I was being a bit jokey about all the crying... even while crying, I'm laughing at myself about the crying! It's just so bizarre. But it'll pass, you're right. :)

hollykim
on 7/17/18 6:43 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 16, 2018 at 7:15 PM Pacific Time, LindyLin wrote:

(I kinda feel like doing daily updates... if they get old fast, tell me pls!)

Today I am emotional. Not hysterical, but a big bottom lip and crocodile tears. I cried on the phone with the pharmacy because my Rx was delayed about 2 hrs. I cried last night because I wanted fried chicken, then I cried thinking about chickens being killed to make fried chicken. Then I cried more when my friend asked why I was crying.

When I sit in one position for a long time, I get very bad ab cramps. But otherwise the pain is managable, yayyy! (I cried about having an ab cramp earlier.)

About to star****ching a funny movie... can?t wait to start crying about it any minute now.

it is normal. It is called hormone dump and happens when one loses weight by burning fat. Hormones are stored in fat and as we burn the stored fat,the hormones are released into the blood stream rapidly,in a " dump".

It will level out and pass. Hormone dump can also make one " mean" so be aware of that as well. Hang in there. You got this.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics