What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/18/18 2:19 am, edited 7/18/18 3:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day!

Yesterday's weather was some of the worst I ever remember experiencing. It was so hot and so humid that I actually felt ill taking a breath. Then we had the most epic thunderstorms I have ever experienced! Everyone at work had their phone alarms going off to alert us about flash floods. Yikes! Then it was a terrible ride home through the flooded tunnels. I am watching the morning news while I write this, and just saw that it was the wettest day on record in Boston and some areas had over 3" of rain in just a few hours. After all of that, I am really looking forward to my 5 mile walk in lower humidity and mid-80s today!

Accountability: Just fine, but not as planned. Turned out they had lunch provided for us, so I need up having a few bites of salad greens and a big meatball for lunch. I was tired when I got home and added a small glass of wine to dinner.

QOTD: Look to the left of you. What is there? I see a beautiful handmade table (made by Grim!) with a pile of work papers and a cup of coffee on it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

bethmal
on 7/18/18 3:19 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning,

We had the same weather here in MD yesterday. My only saving grace is that I was inside most of the day shopping with my mom. It was such a fun day. I use to dread it because my mom is naturally skinny and never had a weight problem and then there was me... At my biggest (before lapband) I was in a size 22W. I still have one skirt that is a size 22W just to use as a measuring stick on days I need encouragement. Before the revision, in December I was a size 18W. I always hated that stupid W. Yesterday though, size 10 and a medium top. It's just crazy and I can't believe it. I got so many pants and sweaters on sale! I paid 8 cents for one shirt! I feel like I got a new wardrobe for when I go back to school in the fall. I only paid full price for a dress that I am wearing to my cousin's burial this morning.

My to-do list for today: take the dog for a walk, go to the burial, lunch with the family, pick the garden and start canning everything I pick.

QOTD: my dog, Chico. He snuggles up next to me every morning as close as he can get to me.

B: Premier chocolate shake

L: TBD

D: chicken thighs, zucchini, and tomato & onion salad

Have a great day everyone!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Just4me7
on 7/18/18 6:33 am

Will be thinking of you this morning.

Pamela

Surgery 05-08-18 hw 317, consult wt 278, surgery weight 252. M1 -20, M2-5, M3-8, M4-6

peachpie
on 7/18/18 3:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!! I'm going into work a bit late cause the kid has an orthodontist appointment. I toyed with getting in an extra run, but I'm enjoying laying in bed to much. Yesterday was miserable- when I went to the gym in the early AM it felt like the temperature never even dropped over night. Ugh!

Qotd: Laying to the left of me is my hubby- semi-soundly sleeping with his apnea mask on. I like this time of morning where the curtains are drawn but light cAn still peak through and give him a sort of glow.

No weight yet, 3.2 years out

m1: egg, turkey sausage cheese stick

m2: protein bar banana

m3: leftovers steak, 2.5 oz and maybe ribs.

m4: need to think of a plan- default will be a turkey burger

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/18 4:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Wednesday!! I am officially on vacation until monday -- which means I only have to do two conference calls before my 8:30 am flight, lol.

Accountability - I had an unplanned pepperoni stick yesterday and didn't quite hit my water targets.

QOTD - my horizontal bookcase is to the left of me (working in the home office this morning).

M

B - coffee + Premiere

S - Skyr

L - 3 oz mozzarella

D - no idea, my friends made late dinner reservations once we all get to NYC so I'll have something late, maybe chicken or steak

I have some jerky in my bag in case I need it for the flight/waiting for dinner.

Have a fantastic day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 7/18/18 4:35 am

Hi all,

Wow, all of you East coasters, take care of yourselves with that wild weather! Up here on the island it's been very beautiful, calm and golden! I'm amazed that deep into July the volcanos here are still snow capped. Mt. Baker, up near the Canadian border, is a particularly huge ice cream cone, snow capped all year round. What a magnificent world! I took both dogs for a walk last night. The sun had set and the crescent moon hung in the starry sky, high above the cedars and firs. Sometimes when walking at night I feel a little wary, a little shivery, as the forest is so dark and has such a presence. Last night with a black lab and a sheltie on either side I felt very safe, striding through the dark! I enjoyed that.

QOTD: My two Siamese cats are to my left, curled up together like a yin-yang symbol, and dreaming.

First: 38 ounces of tea, with much more to come.

B: tuna

L: salmon

D: Ham with smoked gouda

S: Greek yogurt

Have fun today my friends!

catwoman7
on 7/18/18 8:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it sounds like such a beautiful place....and it sounds like it was a really good move for you after all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 7/18/18 8:59 am

It really is beautiful! Where I lived before was stunning, too, just differently so - that was like the Riviera, this gorgeous as well, but distinctly more northern. I was born in upstate NY and am at home with cool forested places, plus the bright blue water everywhere is amazing! I consider myself very lucky!

karenp8
on 7/18/18 4:55 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post as I have to start getting hubby up in a few minutes. Lily and I have our 4 miles in and will do at least 1 more after supper. Work yesterday was building a desk that will go to school children most likely in a 3rd world country. They are made from recycled wooden school bleachers. I learned a lesson in perseverance as we had half the desk done and the 3 people supervising us realized we had the top backwards. Had to take the whole thing apart and start almost completely over. I did it though and gots lots of practice with a drill and a power screwdriver. Accountability good with 10.025 steps and no extra bites. Post op 5 years 10.5 months and weight at 119.4. Heres the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli turkey and cheese 3 baby carrots D 4 oz burger no bun 5 sm grapes S 5 oz cottage cheese with 1 T no sugar added jam. QOTD a snoring Lily and my current book"Love Does"by Bob Goff.Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices! Coffee time!

karenp8
on 7/18/18 4:57 am - Brighton, IL

Heres a pic!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 231 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views