Alcohol Intake Warning!

MickeyDee
on 8/2/18 9:33 pm

I have a close friend who had imbibed, then drove (dumb, yes), and had an accident in which she totaled her car, but nobody was hurt, thank heavens. She was tested and found to have a .21 blood alcohol level, which was very bad as the legal limit is .08. She had thought that she wasn't impaired because she didn't feel it, having had an RNY about 15 years ago.

Final answer: overnight in the slammer, lots of fines, and a breathalyzer on her car for the foreseeable future.

So don't drink and drive, even if you "feel" sober.

jenorama
on 8/3/18 12:04 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Keep this in your pocket for when some newbie posts the good old "when can I drink again" question. The hard truth is pretty much never. Sorry your friend had to learn the hard way.

Jen

MickeyDee
on 8/3/18 6:20 am

Yeah, so was she! In addition to replacing her car, there were attorney's fees and legal fines, plus the apparatus which she has to use EVERY time she drives her car! One good thing is that she hasn't touched a drink in seven months! Sadly, she already knew all this, about the effects on us, as she is a long-standing RNY patient.

I don't come here as much as I used to do, so I hope this might be available on a search.

ladygodiva1228
on 8/3/18 6:22 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

So sorry to hear about your friend. Thank god it wasn't more serious.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

MickeyDee
on 8/3/18 6:38 am

I agree; the potential for harming someone else is enough to make one's skin crawl.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/18 8:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm glad your friend wasn't hurt (and no one else was either). It's hard to believe we still have to tell people not to drink and drive (WLS or not). My favorite coffee company posts this about once a month as a reminder!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?