Episodes

AvsChic18
on 10/22/18 1:25 pm
RNY on 02/01/18

Hello my friends.

Once in a while I get what I like to call "episodes." I get really hot, start sweating, get the shakes and feel like I could pass out. I was just at Walmart on my lunch break getting some groceries when this happened. I did not eat or drink anything out of the ordinary; in fact, I eat and drink the same things at work everyday.

Has anyone else had this issue? I feel like the fix is getting something to eat, but it seems like I feel pretty terrible the rest of the day after the episode passes.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Emiepie
on 10/22/18 2:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Afternoon! I was thinking at first maybe you were having an RH episode but if you are eating you usually do then I don't think that would be the case. Are you getting enough water throughout the day? Are you taking your vitamins?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AvsChic18
on 10/23/18 7:09 am
RNY on 02/01/18

I could always use more fluid. But, I was thinking about my intake over the weekend and it was on the low end. I always do better during the week when I am at work. I am taking my vitamins.

NYMom222
on 10/22/18 8:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Do you feel better if you eat something? You can get hypoglycemia/low blood sugar without it being reactive to something You ate. If food doesn't make it feel better it's not hypoglycemia.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AvsChic18
on 10/23/18 7:08 am
RNY on 02/01/18

It does seem to get better once I eat something and sit down and rest.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/23/18 8:08 am

Most likely you had lovely Hypoglycemia episode. Not the last one.

My worst episodes were in my year 2-3. After they still happen but often because I did something wrong or I did not do what I needed to prevent it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NYMom222
on 10/24/18 6:14 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I guess my criteria for differentiating hypoglycemia vs dumping is - does food make it better? Food will not help dumping. You need food if it is low blood sugar/hypoglycemia.

reactive hypoglycemia is from eating something high carb/sugar and usually about 2 hours later having your blood sugar drop. Although it doesn't have to be a full 2 hours.

Hypoglycemia - the non reactive type is from going too long with out eating. I get both. The worst episodes have been a combo of the two. Long time without eating- then eat something questionable without buffering proteins or fat in my system and boom. Even if it is something I have eaten many times before the cir****tances around the eating and what else I ate with it or near in time to it can make a difference.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/23/18 6:56 am

That how my hypoglycemia feels like. If I eat the "wrong things" or don't eat enough, or wait too long between eating, I get that. I hate that more that dumping.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

stacyrg
on 10/23/18 10:19 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I would rather dump every single day that deal with hypoglycemia/RH. It's no joke.

Sadeyes49
on 10/24/18 8:53 am, edited 10/24/18 1:54 am - CT

Hello AvsChic18,

Since I had my surgery in 2011, I sweat profusely and get really hot, and especially after eating or drinking. It's horrible! When I mentioned it to my PAC he said, "how come you didn't mention it before?" He said that it is indicative of some sort of vascular problem. I said it happened after the surgery and I didn't know that it was a problem, and if I did I would've mentioned it. Duh!

No shaking, no feelings of passing out though. It sounds like you are dumping.

Sorry, I just saw other posts about low blood sugar. Yes, that has happened to me a few times, as well. Or if I eat too fast, in 20 minutes I will start to feel sick.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views