What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 10/24/18 11:16 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Well, it's an early morning here - I've been awake since 6:15 yesterday morning! I tried to sleep tonight but gave up a few minutes ago - I have to be up in 3 hours for a flight to KC so might as well just get on with it. I'll be exhausted but I get to see my sister and her family today so I'm very happy about that!

QoTD - what do you do for insomnia? I a a bad sleeper but for me it's rare to not be able to fall asleep. Usually I sleep for a couple hours and the. I'm just awake. When I can't fall asleep, I'll try a hot bath and see if that helps.

Accountability - I only planned for half the pack of panini (4) but ate the whole thing (8) which put me way over on calories.

menu:

b - coffee + half protein drink; coffee + half and half, 2 tillamook cheese squares

l - greek L&F and maybe some type of meat stick

d - 3 oz deli roast beef

I'm taking my nephews and nieces to see Halloween tonight, I might have a flavored sparkling unsweetened water (flat).

i have lots of time before I have to pack and leave so think I'll go work out!

Have a terrific Thursday all!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LuckyLoser
on 10/25/18 1:40 am, edited 10/24/18 6:41 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hello everyone;

Jen, I hope you enjoy your visit with your sister and her family in KC! Have a safe trip!

I'm up early straightening up the house. On Saturday morning, I am having a new recliner delivered. WooHoo! My old recliner is over 12 years old and the cushions are pretty flat.

I'm excited because the new recliner looks like a regular wingback chair. It's also electric and I never had this type of recliner. It will be relaxing to be able to lie back and raise my feet at all kinds of angles. I'm looking forward to this new cozy place to take a snooze.

QOTD: I have chronic, severe insomnia that has not responded to therapy, multiple medications, and a whole slew of alternative medicine interventions.

Every morning, I wake up around 2 AM and I'm up for the day. I've tried to compensate by going to bed earlier. Sometimes that helps. I guess I'm not the best person to ask for advice on insomnia!!

I'm now 2 months post-RNY. Yet, I still have been unsuccessful in transitioning from full liquids to solid proteins. It can be so frustrating at times. Meal planning is pretty much nonexistent. I keep going through my list of recommended high protein foods hoping at each meal that this will be the time that my pouch won't erupt after I take a few bites of food!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Breakfast: nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein supplement

Snack: L&F Greek yogurt

Lunch: assorted slices of low-fat cheese

Dinner: baked haddock

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Partlypollyanna
on 10/25/18 4:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hopefully your pouch will settle down soon. I had a few weeks of figuring out what foods worked better when - for example, I learned I can't do meat in the morning before work - I think I must eat it too fast. It's not an issue if I have it at the office or anytime except rushing to get out the door, so I do protein coffee or yogurt or a scrambled egg, softer less dense things in the morning for me seem to work.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LuckyLoser
on 10/25/18 12:51 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Jen, I think you have a good point about eating to fast. I even think I am drinking fluids too fast! I have a bad habit of gulping water!

Even though I have been able to take in only about 50% of my meals, I'm trying to make it last 20 to 30 minutes. Well, it's been more like 15 to 20 minutes. How long can you chew a 1 oz slice of cheese!?!

I have resorted to high protein milk in the morning when I am rushing out of the house and I think it's working.

Thanks!

---Joyce

Dcgirl
on 10/25/18 4:47 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Joyce - it does get better! I had a Chike high protein iced coffee shake every day for breakfast for about 1.5 years after surgery. My pouch could not handle dense protein until about noon. Now at five years out I can start a day with a burger if I want. Try having a shake for breakfast and trying food at lunch for the first time in the day. Do you like flaky white fish? Tuna from a can? Cottage cheese? Crab cake made without filler? Those are all very high protein options that aren't as dense as chicken breast or ham for example. Chicken thighs in the crockpot with a sauce are fall off the bone yummy. And I'm not a steak eater but some people like tender steak. Everyone is different but just keep at it, and try to get 100 oz of liquids a day!

LuckyLoser
on 10/25/18 12:54 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

I think you have a lot of great suggestions, especially about trying less dense proteins. Thanks for the suggestions!

---Joyce

Emiepie
on 10/25/18 6:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay for a new recliner, it sounds awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

LuckyLoser
on 10/25/18 12:56 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

I can't wait to snuggle up in the recliner with a good book. I just hope my 84-lb dog doesn't think he's going to sit on my lap! It was OK with an 8-lb cat, but not my goofy dog!!

---Joyce

Julia S.
on 10/25/18 8:50 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Right after surgery I bought a new recliner from La-Z-Boy, and it was a huge mistake. The fabric that they use mostly comes from China and is treated with an anti-fungal dimethyl fumarate that has been banned in the EU for over 20 years. The recliner smelled bad, I placed a towel over it to try to hide the smell. But even with the towel it gave me contact dermatitas and I was in misery. I was welts all over my entire back. I finally had to return the chair, I did get a refund but not the delivery charge. Trying to heal from surgery and with dermatitas all over my back was no fun.

Be very careful of what you buy, and if it doesn't smell right return it asap. I wish you well! I did review the store and they apologized, but I would not recommend anyone to buy from them. I found another store and bought 2 recliners for the price of the one La-Z-Boy and they have been great. No issues at all.

Good Luck!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

LuckyLoser
on 10/25/18 12:47 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi Julia:

What a terrible thing to happen after buying a new recliner! Who would have thought that would happen.

I will not shop at La-Z-Boy anymore. I had a bad experience with them in the past.

I purchased my recliner from a family-owned local furniture store that has an excellent reputation. The recliner (all of it!) is made in the USA. There was one in the showroom that someone else had just purchased and there were no odd odors. Granted, mine will be coming straight from the manufacturer, so I will beware! Since this is a local store, not only is there no delivery charge, but they are taking out my old recliner for free. I'm so grateful for that because it is up a flight of stairs in my loft.

Thanks for the warning.

---Joyce

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?