What's on your Tuesday menu RNY'ers?

Librarian67
on 10/30/18 3:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning all! There isn't a thread yet so I will get things started.

We are having a few days of warmer weather and today is supposed to be sunny. I really hope to get some time away from the office over lunch today and get in a nice run. In the neighborhoods around my office alot of the house are decorated for Halloween and they do alot with their small front gardens. It is a pleasant place to get away from the cube farm for a while.

I had my 5 month followup appointment with my PS yesterday and he is very pleased with the healing of my incisions. I do have one small place where he revised my RNY scar (VERY nasty) that the incision is still raised. When I go back again in 3 months, he may do some steroid injections into the scar to help it flatten. Otherwise, things are looking good. I am glad that I had the opportunity to have some PS but with DW on disability now, I probably won't be able to have any more.

QOTD: I know that we have had this question before but just wondering what you think about having PS after WLS. Have you had it? Do you plan to have PS? What are your goals for PS?

For me, after being SMO for more than 30 years, my skin did not completely spring back, although exercise did help some. I had a Breast lift and extended abdominoplasty in May. It really has helped me to feel better in my body. That said, even with the extra skin gone, it isn't surgery to fix my image of myself in my head...that takes time and other work.

Menu:

B: coffee, 2 HB eggs

S: protein shake, chomps

L: TJ's Chinese-inspired chicken salad

S: Buddigs turkey packet, sm. apple

D: not sure since I have a dental appointment after work. Maybe just another shake if my teeth hurt

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/30/18 4:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Janet! Thanks for starting us off! Good luck getting out to run the neighborhood at lunch; I just did that this morning (walking, not running); so nice to get outside again! Not too many halloween decorations in my hood but they will start putting the christmas ones out on Thursday (not joking) and I always look forward to that. Although, there is something disturbing about the inflatables when they uninflated; it looks like an elf-crime-scene!

QOTD - I've always felt that if someone wanted PS they should be empowered to get it; I'm too early in my process to be thinking about it for me but it's on the table for the future for sure!

Accountability - yesterday, I was STARVING all day; I stayed on track finishing with only planned foods eaten and hitting all goals and 656/67/16 but I wasn't happy about it, I was hungry!

Menu:

Coffee + half and half, hot tea all day

B - Greek L&F

Lunch - having lunch with a vendor, he always lets me pick the same place Cafe Zupa because I love their salads. I'll have the Chicken-Berry salad, no dressing and eat the chicken first, then the veg, then fruit. It will be higher carb but not awful.

D - 3oz my leftover chuck roast, 3 pepperoncini; .5oz mozzarella

600 Calories, 60 Protein, 33 carbs

Exercise - already got my walk and some body weight exercises in, still need to do a round of crunches and pushups though.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 10/30/18 4:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Now that your scars are all healed, have you tried bio-oil on the scar? I've used it for older scars and it seems to help soften the scar tissue and make the skin feel good. Not sure if it's the placebo effect or not but I like it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Librarian67
on 10/30/18 4:42 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I've never heard of bio-oil. My PS isn't big on special creams, etc. for healing but he does encourage scar massage.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 10/30/18 10:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

mine is the same. I asked him about those expensive scar creams, and he said there are lots of cheaper options that he feels do just as good a job - like cocoa butter lotion from Walgreens, for example. I sometimes use vitamin E oil, too. He said massaging the scars at least a couple of times a day will make a difference, though.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 10/30/18 4:57 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! This afternoon I am interviewing with the head of my department for the promotion I'm up for here at my current job, but I should be hearing back from the other one about setting up a final interview. I believe this promotion will just be a single interview. I hate this feeling of going for this one while hoping for the other to pull through. I just don't want to accept it only to turn around and put in my two weeks if I get the other. Nor do I want to burn this bridge if I DON'T get the other. Sigh.

Qotd: PS is definitely on the table if I can afford it. My arms and thighs are already causing me physical discomfort when exercising. I feel like I need a sport bra but for my entire body. My stomach is unsightly, but not causing me any actual discomfort like the other body parts, however it's the one thing my insurance is most likely to cover.

Food today:

breakfast: coffee with almond milk

snack: 2 oz deli turkey

lunch: 4 oz chicken breast with buffalo sauce

dinner: 4 oz shrimp with ****tail sauce, possibly a small salad

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Maddymoe2
on 10/30/18 5:04 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good luck with your interview!!

Writergurl08
on 10/30/18 5:30 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Thanks!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Emiepie
on 10/30/18 7:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck with the choices you have to make.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 10/30/18 11:56 am

Having choices is a good thing, Cassie! You are a good person, so you feel some conflict and some guilt, but I am confident that you will make exactly the right choice, in the right srquence. Everyone will understand your decision, even if they feel somewhat disappointed. Mranwhile, you will move forward, whichever job you take! Best of luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics