What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers??

Writergurl08
on 11/4/18 6:14 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Nobody's posted yet so here we go! Did daylight savings time mess with anyone else?

no plans today except to run out for milk and do some writing. I participate in NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The challenge is to write 50,000 words by end of this month. I've attempted every year since high school but have never completed the challenge, but a lot of that has to do with timing. November is challenging with end of year at work, holidays, et****ep trying though!

qotd: what yet-to-accomplish goals do you have? NaNoWriMo is one for me!

breakfast: eggs and bacon, coffee first

lunch: 4 oz rotisserie chicken

snack: maybe some cucumber slices and yogurt dip

dinner: BBQ pulled pork

accountability: I had a mug of apple cider last night that gave me dumping. Sweats, headache, nausea, full works. Ugh

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Greateight
on 11/4/18 6:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Sorry to hear you were sick last night, Cassie. I have a mid-day flight today, so that will take most of my day. I'm doing better but will still need to bring my crutches through airport security. Since I have swelling in my knee and leg I am now having a gout attacking my foot to add a little extra pain. And the pain has caused me to break my normal blood sugar reading streak. Boo. Not to worrisome levels though.

QOTD: Aside from health related goals, I am very focused on getting to retirement. Its in a little under eight years (hence my signature name)

Breakfast: Turkey sausage,

Snack: laughing cow

Lunch: chili

Snack: protein bar

Dinner: unknown

Have great week all, I probably won't post until Friday because I don't know my password to do it on my cellphone.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 11/4/18 10:58 am

Feel better and have a good trip!

Kakesie
on 11/4/18 6:53 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Cassie and Menu Family!

Thanks for starting us off this morning Cassie!

I know I will hate Daylight Savings time ending when it gets dark an hour earlier tonight. Also my dogs thought it was time to get up at 5 am this morning (as if 6 am wasn't early enough!)

QOTD: I want to keep working on putting Saralisa's childhood pictures in an album for her. I want to keep working on the children's book I'm doing. And I want to start selling off my collectibles so that Saralisa won't have to deal with them when something happens to me.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 92, Calories - 1,425, Carbs - 166. Full disclosure - I've been on a donut kick lately. Oops.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, donut, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana, donut

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Amy Liz
on 11/4/18 6:55 am, edited 11/3/18 11:56 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! I LOVE that it is light out at 6:30! My commute will be nicer for a while, then it will be dark again by the end of the month. Today we are taking the dogs to the park, running some errands then home to finish binge watching House of Cards, cleaning, laundry and weekly prep. We are BBQing later and will watch the Pat game tonight. Sounds good to me!

QOTD - Paying off all debt, buying a house and financial security. We are working diligently on these and we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! For smaller goals - If I could better organize the overflow of shoes, boots, clothes and goodwill piles in the spare bedroom that would be awesome. Most days I walk in there, get overwhelmed and shut the door.

Accountability - great

23+mo out 152.0

b-coffee x 3, L&F greek yogurt - maybe a SB latte

l-egg beaters w/ salsa

d- BBQ chicken

es- nonfat greek w/torani syrup frozen

v/l on track

e- 2 mile walk with dogs

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 11/4/18 7:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I have mixed feelings about being back on standard time. I love having it light again in the mornings, but I hate it being dark so early in the evenings! At least I'm retired now so it won't affect my waking up for work - although that's a spring problem, not a fall problem!

nothing on the agenda today other than yoga. I need to do something, though - maybe some cleaning or sorting through stuff (and purging a lot of it!)

QOTD: nothing is really popping into mind at the moment. I guess I've been focused on getting to the end of the year - getting through the holidays and phase 2 of my plastic surgery.

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: probably cottage cheese

AS: baby carrots and hummus

D: pork chops and 1/4 C sweet potatoes

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 11/4/18 9:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

aMorning!! I was up this morning and even thinking I should start a post before my run, but then I got caught up in nothing lol. Today hubby is home froM church with a bum ankle. We're out doing great errands.

I've been handling something at work where we have folks going through medical exams, and a lot of folks are being put off for medical issues that preclude they from working. (Firefighters-- so physical fitness is literally life or death...) It's bringing up lot of discussion over what to do with folks with chronic, obesity related conditions preventing them from working. We have an nutrition and fitness program to help folks- but it's only as useful as they make use of it. One guy has done horribly and it's been this way over a year. In one sense I feel bad, but as an employer I'm frustrated. Hundreds would love to have his job. In the discussions as we work through this I'm thankful to not be obese, but, hearing others talk about him still stings a bit.

Qotd: Goals yet to accomplish... hmmmm.. debt related goals. I always fizzle out with my effort. Not that I'm building more debt, just not as hung ho about reducing what I have. scheduling a vacation.

215 today, 3.6 years out

m1: egg, turkey sausage patties, 11 tater tots, cheese stick

m2: 3 chicken wings, (possibly combined with the soup below)

m3: broccoli cheddar soup

m4: maybe...??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

ilovemyguts
on 11/4/18 11:32 am, edited 11/4/18 3:33 am
RNY on 08/07/18

Hi everyone!

I had a migraine start this morning but I was able to stop it with meds. I still feel like it could come back, sort of bruised in my head, but for now its staying in the background.

QOTD: I need to do some serious work on my kids? baby books/memory books. Also, my daughter?s pile of artwork from JK/SK is overwhelming and she?s a very creative/artistic girl. I started taking photos of it and uploading it to an app called ?Keepy? but it takes a long time and even then, I still feel the need to keep the art. Any suggestions?

B: 1 egg scrambled w salsa and cheddar in 1/2 a Protien Up Carb Down wrap;

S: plain 0% Greek yogurt w maple extract and SF vanilla syrup; S2: rice cake w 1tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 pc cantaloupe

L: 1/8th of a low-carb homemade pizza ? extremely filling. (https://mouthwateringmotivation.com/2018/09/06/the-greatest- low-carb-pizza-of-all-time-yeast-risen/amp/)

D: pork chop & mini cucumbers

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

RNY August 17, 2018 | HW 240 | SW 230 | M1: -23 | M2: -9 | M3: ? | M4: ? | M5: ? | M6: ?...

Au_Contraire
on 11/4/18 11:44 am

I Hope your headache remains banished! My son's artwork is still in drawers here, it's so adorable. I will take photos of it too, or scan what I can, to put into his album for him.

Au_Contraire
on 11/4/18 11:41 am

Hello to all my RnY friends! Happy Sunday!

Today is a gorgeous day on the island, really just spectacular! It was windy and raining yesterday and stormy through the night, but today is absolutely crystalline clear, with sunshine and beauty everywhere! How lucky am i?

Cassie, thanks for starting us out! I hope you are feeling better, and am sorry you were ill. I visited a local artist here yesterday and was also offered a cup of hot, mulled apple cider. I opted just to inhale its fragrant deliciousness - I am afraid of dumping (and of not dumping) still, so haven't tested the borderline. But it smelled wonderful!

Tonight the new season of Outlander begins - I've been looking forward to it! I enjoyed the books and have enjoyed this show.

Yesterday an old friend and I who had had a falling out mended our fences. I'm glad we did.

The scale has been moving in the right direction after a slow and dithering few weeks. I weighed in at 143.8 today! It's getting to be very exciting to be so close to goal, even though I am still not sure exactly what my goal is! Originally my first goal was to be under 150, then my second goal was to be under 142. I weighed 142, or actually between 137-145, for a long time. Honestly I don't know what number i should claim as my goal! All my doctor said, way back when I was a pre-op, was that he could get me to 200 pounds. When I told him I wanted to be under 150, he replied "then you're going to have to do everything right". But I am thrilled to be approaching 142, or whatever my goal should be! All I know is, it's close, and that's exciting to me! So what do you guys think? Should I claim my goal is 142, or put a bull's eye on being under 140? Either way I will continue to drop a little beyond that, for the sake of having wiggle room. I don't want to get too too much thinner though, because honestly though I know many women at 5'8" weigh less, and are down in the 120s as I once was, I don't want to be that thin as i fear my looks will suffer, especially my face, and also I don't want to struggle more than I have to to maintain that low a weight. But maybe that's just me not seeing myself clearly, maybe I would look better if I pulled my weight down to, say, 135 or 137, and made that my goal. What do you guys think? I'm really not that small now in terms of my measurements, even though I look pretty darn bony when I look in the mirror - my ribs are very visible, and my hip bones are too. Hard to figure out.

QOTD: i have several goals as far as my creative work is concerned. Also, I want to become fluent in French, Italian, and Slovenian. And I will do all of those things! But most necessary is to increase my financial stability and security.

First: 3 mugs of tea

B: chicken thigh, skinless

L: eggs with chives, dehydrated onion, and melted smoked gouda

D: smoked oysters

S: if necessary, some plain nonfat Greek yogurt with a very few blackberries and a little SF vanilla syrup

I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views