Best Blood Pressure Meds post RNY

HePaid4That
on 11/6/18 11:35 am

Hey all, had RNY, lost a ton of weight, gained about 40% back. Dealing with High Blood Pressure and really struggling to find med or meds that help the top number. It's the top number (systolic). Trying to see what medicines are absorbed better or work better with malabsorption. Anyone else have this issue. Pulse is fine and lower, lower number is fine. It's top number that is uncontrolled. Is there a med that worked?

Thanks

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/6/18 12:12 pm, edited 11/7/18 1:26 am

It is not BP meds, but from what I read, most people are magnesium deficient. Talking extra magnesium, in malate, citrate, glycinate, etc, can be useful to reduce BP. Magnesium supplements for BP would only work if you are are currently deficient in magnesium. Difficult to test, since blood levels of magnesium does not represent tissue saturation. Same as calcium. Normal blood levels of calcium, do not represent good bones, or proper dose of supplements we take.

This is copied from a site that try to analyze magnesium:

"Magnesium glycinate ? Best for anyone with a deficiency. Magnesium malate ? Good for Fibromyalgia, muscle pain, and lowenergy. Magnesium taurate or magnesium orotate ? Best for those with cardiovascular issues. Magnesium threonate ? Best for neurological and cognitive symptoms. "

Edited to fix some typos

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

HePaid4That
on 11/6/18 12:45 pm

Thanks for the tip.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views