Whats on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 11/10/18 6:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Can't believe a westcoaster is starting us off today! That is if someone doesn't post before me! Today I am going to the gym for a swim in my new suit that I LOVE! It feels great which made me feel so confident and I can't wait to get in the water! Later we are going to see Bohemian Rhapsody since it didn't' happen last night. What are you up to today?

QOTD - What is your retirement dream? What are your plans? If you are retired are you living your dream??

Mine is to buy a cushy little RV and travel the US - I mean everywhere! We sorta have it mapped out. Visit everyone we know and go everywhere we've ever dreamed of going. Months on the road - maybe split it up into a couple trips a year.

Accountability - great

23mo out - 150.3

b-coffee x2, l&f yogurt

l-eggbeaters and salsa

d- out somewhere TBD

E-Swim

v/l - on track

Havea great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

peachpie
on 11/10/18 6:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!! I was thinking of starting a post but figured someone was working in it. I'm jealous you Get to swim AND have a suit you love. Those two never seem to align for me.

Today I have a bunch of random things I need to- but if I did none of them I'd be fine too. Top of they list is picking a new wig. I need primer from Sephora and bath and body works lotions. I'm trying hard to stifle my shopping urge-- I'm a huge Black Friday shopper. As my kids are older they look more forward to that than Christmas.

Qotd: I can retire from my job without penalty at 55 and have every intention to (13 years!!) . I may do other work-- but I've seen too many folks work, work, work, retire then die. I really want to enjoy retirement. I want a second home, and to be able to put my grandkids (assuming I'll have some) in private school. Travel with my hubby a little-- but mainly I want to make sure my kids can get established without the challenges I had to live a bit more comfortably.

215 today, 3.6 years out

m1: egg, ham, cheese stick and a pumpkin spice cinnamon roll

m2: Greek yogurt and berries

m3:???

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

catwoman7
on 11/10/18 7:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I have to be gentle on my stomach today. The Vietnamese food last night was great, but way too acidic for my stomach. Tough night. I guess it'll be mostly yogurt, cottage cheese, and protein shakes today. I do feel a million percent better this morning, but I just want to take it easy today!

I was going to go to Zumba this morning, but I still have this odd pain in a small place near my navel. I'm a little afraid it might be a stitch or clip from plastic surgery. I may do something more gentle instead - like the stationary bike. I afraid something intense like Zumba might aggravate it. That said, I must do something today!!

other than that, nothing on the agenda. I'll probably do some cleaning since I've got nothing else going on.

QOTD: I've been retired since July. At one time I thought I'd do a lot of traveling, but my "travel bug" seems to have lessened the last couple of years. I love being at home. But I may do some traveling at some point while I still can, because I'll eventually get to a point where I can't. My more recent retirement dreams were to have no commitments and be free to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted - like work on family history, hang out in coffee shops with the newspaper or my laptop, go to the pool or gym or yoga studio - and yes, I've been doing a lot of that. I do have a bunch of stuff I've had to do the last few months too, though, that's been taking a lot of my time, but that's OK. I think I do need at least *a little* structure, so having these projects on the back burner (or front burner, sometimes) has probably been good for me.

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade coconut Greek yogurt with 1/2 mango

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: cottage cheese

AS: protein pudding

D: maybe chicken breast with hummus on a Flat Out wrap

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/10/18 12:16 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow is it quiet on here today!?!?

We hung out at the pool earlier today and my SIL arrives tomorrow to stay for the next 4 weeks with us here in Florida. I've been working on a project for the last few days to frame a medicine cabinet mirror and I think it will finally be complete and ready for installation early tomorrow.

QOTD: My original retirement plan was to have a home on Cape Cod and travel somewhere different every winter, living for a month or two in other places in the US or outside where it was warmer. We do have the house on the Cape, but I had to redefine our winter plans once DH was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. We bought the place in Florida because it was already familiar to him (we used to visit friends who live in our park). I never loved Florida but familiarity is crucial for DH to function optimally. I am happy with the sun and warmth (and do love our park and our friends here). I'm apprehensive of the future when DH can no longer do this. Will I sell? Will I travel with friends? Who knows?

Accountability: Mostly on plan though I did have a great margarita at the Mexican restaurant last night.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: taco salad filling left over from yesterday

S: homemade cottage cheese or hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LuckyLoser
on 11/10/18 12:43 pm - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hello Everyone:

Winter has arrived in northeastern Pennsylvania! We've been having snow flurries on and off, today.

I've been a "busy beaver" at work since 6:30 this morning. It's now 3:30 PM and I'm fading fast.

Technically, I'm on vacation. But, I don't want my salary cut by 5% for at least 3 months with no guarantee that my previous salary will be reinstated. So, I guess I'll be back at work early tomorrow morning and then working from home during the wee****il I am totally caught up!

I was warned by administration that I have until Thursday, 11/15/18, to finish up my work. I read the policy, which I never received before, and administration is not supposed to include any pre-approved time off in the 1-week warning period. That means that the deadline should have been 11/22/15 instead. Oh, well! Overall, my bad!

QOTD: I'm nearing retirement too fast for my own comfort. I had a 5-month "practice" retirement between jobs about 2 1/2 years ago. What I found out then is that I need to have plenty of activities and projects planned to do to keep me busy when I retire! I like to be busy.

Ideally, I would like to be able to continue to practice medicine in a part-time capacity as long as I am able to. I would also love to have more pets, both cats and dogs, because I love animals. The most pets that I ever had at 1 time was 1 cat and 1 dog because I've always worked full-time. I have always needed a dog-walker/pet sitter to check in on my pals during the day during the week while I'm at work. Since I volunteer at the local SPCA, my pets will be adopted. I'm a homebody who hasn't been able to enjoy being home too much because of work. I'm not too worried that my furbabies will tie me down.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

I think I need some divine inspiration. I keep having the same things and I'm bored!

Breakfast: 8 oz nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Snack: 1 oz cubed cheese, 1 oz cubed turkey breast

Lunch: 2.5 oz refried beans sprinkled with melted cheese

Snack: 8 oz nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Dinner: ??anyone's guess?? (I have to stop at the supermarket on the way home from work for the dog's dinner! His dinners are starting to sound better than mine.)

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

Au_Contraire
on 11/10/18 2:51 pm, edited 11/10/18 6:52 am

Hey there Saturday RnY friends!I went out to brunch this morning to a beautiful little local spot right on the water. They were setting up for a wedding, and it looked so pretty, with a thick, green, fragrant cedar garland everywhere, tons of twinkling fairy lights, and about a zillion hanging small white origami paper cranes. We ate overlooking the water. I had tea, then a ham, swiss, and vegetable omelette. I couldn't manage more then half of it, but it was delicious. Then we walked along the beach, which was rocky and cold and windy, but spectacularly beautiful, with the blue blue water sparkling in the sun.

Tomorrow I work. Monday I'm going to meet my daughter-in-law's mom (is there a word for this type of relationship?) for a day trip to Leavenworth, which I really look forward to. I was supposed to go shopping today with a girlfriend, but she ended up having to work, so that may happen on Tuesday, instead.

For the rest of today, I will work.

QOTD: I would love to travel all over the world. Ideally, I'd like to actually spend a few months in Paris, a few months somewhere beautiful in Italy, etc. Maybe even a year at a time. I would like to see Spain and Portugal, Iceland and Russia, England and the British Isles. And lots of other places!

FIrst: tea!

B: ham, swiss, and veggie omelette

L: tuna

D: salmon

S: probably won't need one!

Have a brilliant weekend, my friends!

Kakesie
on 11/10/18 3:02 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, not many people on the Menu board today!

I was going to ride a horse in the Veteran's Day parade today, but it was cancelled due to freezing wind chills.

QOTD: I've been "retired" since 2007 when the store I worked for closed. (I'm receiving Disability). I am happy just chilling with my daughter and the dogs and not doing much of anything.

Accountability: Still eating more than I should and I'm afraid I am putting weight back on. Yesterday: Protein - 107, Calories - 1,465, Carbs - 197. I think this snow and cold weather makes me want to eat warm things to warm me up.

B: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of 45 calorie toast, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, bagel

D: soup,light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views