What's on your Monday menu RNY'ers?

LuckyLoser
on 11/12/18 12:21 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hello Everyone:

I doubt anyone else is starting off a thread like this now since it is soooo early in the morning . . . or is it still night?

Even though I am on vacation, I'm so stressed out about the deadline of this Thursday, 11/15, to complete my delinquent charts. I drove into work and diligently typed away all weekend. I can't afford to be fined with a 5% pay cut!

Another downside is that I'm not handling the extra emotional stress well. I'm not eating according to plan. There were too many goodies at work. Unfortunately, I indulged and gained some weight. I'm going to work from home now . . . I don't have any "forbidden" foods in the house!

QOTD: What do you do (instead of eating goodies) when you are under a lot of emotional stress?

I'm going to try to get my work completed to eliminate the source of the stress. I will work at home where there are no goodies. Finally, if I get "frozen" by the stress, I am going to go outside and walk with my dog.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

***I need to comply with my food plan everyday***

Breakfast: 8 oz nonfat milk, SF chocolate syrup, protein powder

Snack: 2 oz cubed low-fat cheese

Lunch: 3 oz lentil pasta, 1/4 cup marinara ssauce, 1 tbsp pecorino Romano grated cheese

Snack: 4 oz L&F Greek yogurt

Dinner: 3 oz tuna, 1 tbsp SF sweet pickle relish

Macros: 657 calories Protein 89 g Carbs 52 g

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

bethmal
on 11/12/18 3:48 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Joyce and Menuers,

Joyce, I am so sorry you are under such stress. Take a deep breath and move forward the best that you can.

I have been super busy. This weekend we went to Baltimore for an NEA conference. It was good but I missed being home and getting ready for the week. We also went to NJ on Sunday afternoon to have dinner with my parents. I admit I don't get to see them enough and need to make more time to spend with them. My hubster did help out a lot when we got home, so thankful for him.

My weight is up and down and up and down and up and down... this is how it has been going for the last few weeks. Which means I am due for a little bit of a drop soon. I am trying not to focus on it and continue to do what I have been doing. I am more aware of how much fluid I take in during the day and hope that will help things move along.

10 months out and weighing in at 165.5

M1: HB egg

M2: overnight oats

M3: Buddig honey roasted turkey, 1-ounce horseradish cheese and 1/4 C blackberries

M4: Asian pear or PP chocolate protein shake

M5: I just don't know yet, probably chipotle chicken salad with some lettuce and onion

Taking the dog for a walk as soon as I get home hoping the rain holds off and then either going to the gym or running on my treadmill.

Have a great Monday everyone!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

supershopper
on 11/12/18 4:42 am

Hi all-

I MEANT to get up really early and drive to the gym. when it was pouring rain I lost all motivation so will go after work today.

Accountability:

Weight is up- not happy- hunkering down to shed some now and upping cardio.I did gain 2 pounds of muscle from May at my dexa on Sat. I also had my RMR done and looks like with exercise and lifestyle I need 1200-1500 a day to lose. So that actually is pretty good news. I was very very concerned I was going to have to eat 800 calories to lose to that makes me happy.

I have calls mostly all week again this week but at least didn't have to travel.

QOTD: I have two triggers: boredom eating and tired eating- I generally don't stress eat. Usually it happens at night- so instead I do hot almond milk with splenda and cocoa powder and some protein powder. usually this calms down the want or I find some thing else to do. same with my food- i eat what is on my plate, and will myself either NOT to move for 30 min OR walk around for 20 min or so - this way i don't go back into kitchen for 2nds!

Food for today:

coffee with 1/2 premier in it

decaf tea

more decaf cofeee

breakfast will be prot pancakes

lunch is ahi tuna with a ginger glaze and spaghetti squash

unsure of dinner/ need to figure that out- DH is actually getting off work at a decent time 5pm and so I plan to have something done when he gets here eventhough I will be at gym.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Maddymoe2
on 11/12/18 5:12 am, edited 11/11/18 9:14 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Its a blustery day in the PNW. The east wind is howling.

I am hoping to get out and go for a hike today with my husband. I really need to up my exercise.

QOTD- I either drink hot tea or put in my bleaching trays and bleach my teeth. A huge trigger for me is boredom. I was thinking about this yesterday. I do best when I eat on a schedule.

I have also decided that I am not going to do any holiday baking this year. My daughter and I usually bake for 2 days and deliver goodie boxes to about 25 people. Sweets aren't my weakness, but I just don't want it in the house. I want to surround myself and my family with good food.

Food for today-

2 cups of black coffee with Miralax

2 eggs, 2 oz ham, 1 oz light motz

1 can albacore tuna, red onion, and 2 TBSP SG poppyseed dressing

Blueberry Two Good Greek yogurt

grilled halibut with lemon and capers

751 calories,125 protein,9 carbs

Lots of water and vitamins always

I found a new yogurt while shopping at Safeway this weekend. I really like the texture and its a bit tart. The sweetener is stevia, which I do well with.

80 calories,12 protein, 3 carbs

Writergurl08
on 11/12/18 5:42 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I've come to the conclusion that I don't enjoy "lazy days" anymore. I didn't eat more than my planned meals yesterday, but I felt listless/restless and those are things that usually have always triggered boredom eating for me.

Today I am dressed in almost all I'll-fitting clothing but I woke up late and didn't care until I got to work. My jeans are too big and I forgot to put a belt on, my top feels too big and "flowy"--it's the style of the top but I feel like I'm being swallowed by it. And my bra is too...I don't know. It's not too big or too small but it's not a comfortable style for me. I think because the back strap is so narrow and I feel like it's just doing the opposite of what a smoothing back bra does. Like it's making me look extra "rolly." Anyone else ever have those days where you just feel like a shapeless lump? I have clothes at home that fit better, I swear.

qotd: I escape reality for a while. Run a hot bubble bath, and read a chapter or two of a completely frivolous book that is for entertainment purposes only (I read IN the bath lol). I usually try to read a favorite part or scene of a book I've already read before, because I do have to have some discipline about getting back to the task at hand though, or I'll just read an entire book and then be even more behind on my real task. So if it's one I've already read, it's easier. But oftentimes I go back with a fresh mental slate.

Breakfast: coffee with almond milk

lunch: 4 oz deli turkey, Greek L&F

dinner: leftover chicken soup

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 6:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yes, I have those days I usually attribute it around "that time of the month".

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/12/18 5:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning all. I passed the 100 pound loss mark about a week ago. It doesn't feel that exciting because I maintained for close to a decade at about 25 pounds lower that where I was at the beginning of my program. About 5 months before I started the bariatric program I had to start taking insulin and that gave me a five pound a month gain for 5 months.

QOTD: Usually the gym will helpmeet with stress.I am still out of action until my arthritis clears up but I will at least be able to lift this week. Hopefully I will also be able to help my wife with raking this week,

Breakfast: Turkey Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Light and fit

Lunch: Work lunch but my assistant always orders something I can eat

Snack: Ham and Swiss roll ups

Dinner: Pulled pork.

Have a great day.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

NYMom222
on 11/12/18 6:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Go you on 100lbs! Don't talk it down...you are pushing through and doing it!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 11/12/18 6:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on the milestone. Try and be proud.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 11/12/18 6:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning -

I like this one yoga instructor at my gym -it is more of a stretch, and balance class as opposed to Vinyasa which is faster paced- definitely more of an exercise class. I do plenty of exercise so while I like Vinyasa the stretch and balance is what I need. Unfortunately I usually have conflicts... Well she is teaching on M/W nights at one of the other locations- better days for me...so I am going to try going tonight. It is weird to go to a different gym... but it is really not any further distance wise. I may try and use the treadmill first and get some sweat on...

QOTD: lately I have just been eating. Not junk, last night I dove into a few crackers and PB. I am in food boredom lately. I did make a Turkey Saturday night to have Thanksgiving with my nephew as I will be away. I made SF cranberry sauce- which I love, so have been enjoying that.

B: Fairlife latte, Overnight oats w/protein

L: May be going to lunch with girlfriends...there is a place that does wood fired oven wings. Yes! with carmelized onions on them. Don't know what that is about, but it is delicious.

D: Turkey bowl with cauli-rice, green beans and gravy

S: Greek yogurt and blueberries, protein

Ex: treadmill, yoga

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 259 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views