What's on your Thursday (Thanksgiving) menu RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/18 3:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Thanksgiving Menu friends (and happy Thursday, for those of you not celebrating today!)

To be honest, asking "what are you eating" on thanksgiving day feels like a loaded question!

This is my first Thanksgiving post op and I'm a bit excited by it. Last year, since I was well into my behavior program, I "practiced" only eating a bit of the foods I enjoyed most and it was nice to not feel so full and uncomfortable after the meal!

Qotd - I'm going to forego the typical question to use this space to say thank you to everyone on this thread regularly, everyone one these boards dropping knowledge, empathy and support to each other. Life can be tough, change is hard and this community helps so much!

menu today

Early food - L&f greek

Breakfast - coffee with premier

Lunch - carrot, pickle, cheese and a slice of Sumer sausage

dinner- turkey breast, a bit of creamed corn, a slightly larger bit of mashed potatoes.

Hope everyone has a happy day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

LuckyLoser
on 11/22/18 3:47 am - NEPA, PA
RNY on 08/20/18

Hi Jen and everyone else!

Happy Thanksgiving!

It looks like Jen and I started this thread at the same time. I'm sorry for the duplication!

---Joyce

Height: 5'2" Starting Weight: 260

Surgery Weight: 232 Goal Weight: 140

Current Weight: 179

"Fall down seven times and get up eight."

bethmal
on 11/22/18 5:20 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for getting us started this morning!

Thankful today for so many things but the biggest is my weight loss and how I feel now. I can do so many things now that a body 91 pounds heavier couldn't. I ran 2.5 yesterday on the treadmill and that was huge for me. I am just thankful for the opportunity to have wls, this board to gain information and support, and people who have gone through this before me. Thank you for accepting me and letting me be a part of this amazing group.

I made a gluten-free, sugar-free pumpkin pie yesterday. When I tasted the batter it was pretty good and no artificial sweetener because it is sweetened with dates. I should have soaked the dates longer but for the first one, I think I did pretty good. I posted a picture of it below. It's not baked (no eggs) but frozen instead that is why the glass dish looks frosty.

10 months (almost 11 yikes!)

M1: PP chocolate shake and my vitamins

M2: scrambled egg and 2 oz. of leftover ham from MILs dinner last night

M3: not sure if I will need one

M4: turkey, any vegetable that is not laden with fat or a creamy soup, and a sliver of my pumpkin pie

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/18 5:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yum!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 11/22/18 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Recipe please! It looks delicious!

bethmal
on 11/22/18 7:24 am
RNY on 12/26/17

https://www.facebook.com/mindovermunch/posts/161712093176460 5

or

No need to feel guilty about chowing down on this version of pumpkin pie - it's got a lighter crust, wholesome ingredients, and it's perfectly portion-controlled!ð?'? The filling is so naturally sweet, you don't even need to add any sugar or sweetener. Such a tasty option, you won't even know that it's vegan!

Ingredients

Crust
1 cup Dates soaked
1 cup Nuts of choice (almonds, pecans, walnuts, mixed, etc.)

Filling
1 tsp Cinnamon
3 Tbsp Coconut butter

2 Tbsp Coconut flour
10 Dates soaked
2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 can of Pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla

Procedure
Combine crust ingredients in a food processor.
Press into an 8Ã--8
Combine filling ingredients in a food processor until creamy - it should be a bit thick.
Add to prepared crust and freeze the pan for 8 hours or overnight.
Thaw in the fridge 2-3 hours before serving.
Topped with candied pecans and coconut whipped cream!

Nutritional Info
Serving: 1 bar
16 servings
Calories: 94, 11g Carbs, 5g Fat, 2g Protein

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Writergurl08
on 11/22/18 6:02 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I'm going to post on both!

im also incredibly thankful for the support and friendships I've found here.

eats: morning is coffee and maybe an isotech42 protein drink, string cheese, and a hard boiled egg. Our hosts (DHs aunt and uncle) stocked their fridge with healthy things and protein snacks!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Greateight
on 11/22/18 6:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Happy Thanksgiving and Thank you for the support over these past few months.

I was able to go to the gym last night. Only to lift on the CYBEX machines and I was very careful not to do anything to put strain on my knee, but it felt good to be able to go. I don't have full range of motion yet, but my knee is getting a little more flexible also.

My goals for this weekend's eating are three (a) do not test any limits with sugar, (b) weigh and measure myself on my normal weekly schedule, and (c) confine any over plan eating to today. I am not super worried, because I had a bratwurst on a roll at the football game a couple of weeks ago and those white carbs did not feel good in my stomach.

QOTD - I will follow Jen's lead and thank those on this board who serve as role models in terms of accountability, on plan eating, regular exercise and treating others with respect.

Breakfast: omlette

Snack: Cheese

lunch: Turkey, gravy, green bean casserole

snack: SF cheesecake

Dinner: Turkey if hungry

Have a great day, all.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 11/22/18 7:08 am

Happy Thanksgiving to my RnY family! I am genuinely grateful to have you all to turn to for your support, information, and kindness. This board has made my journey from 353 to 136 so, so much easier. I wish each and every one of you a loving, tender, warm Thanksgiving, and hope that all of you will be in the company of those you love! Thank you, my friends!

Amy Liz
on 11/22/18 7:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful for each and every one of you here! I don't know where I would be without all the information and support. It has kept me honest and ever mindful of what I need to do each and everyday for the rest of my life. Thank you all!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 287 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?