Stalled Weight Loss

PacoCVO
on 11/30/18 4:01 am
RNY on 09/24/18

Had my surgery on Sept. 24/18 and in the first two months I lost 45lbs. The last 5 weeks I have been at a stand still very frustrating. Anyone have this issue in the past and if so what did u do. Normal daily meals are protien shake for breakfast, and apple for a snack, 1chicken finger a baby bell cheese and an apple for lunch, afternoon snake is a yoghurt jello and a pudding cup. All are low fat and low sugar all below 60cal. Supper is about 4oz of meat and maybe 2 oz of potatoes, all I can eat the meat really fils me up. Maybe a pudding cup for a snack 60 cal low sugar. Usually between 600 and 800 daily calories.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/30/18 5:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Calories are fine, but the nutrition 8s crap. Skip the pudding, potatoes, and apples. If it isn't primarily protein, you don't need to be eating it.

What's your water intake like? You need extra water to burn fat.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

MLC45
on 12/17/18 4:46 am

I agree with Grim. I'm 18 years post op and still won't eat potatoes, pudding and apples if I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Protein and veggies are it for weight loss. Anything else could make you stall. I've had days where cravings have been crazy. It's times like that when I make sure I have sugar free popsicles in the freezer.

Also don't forget to do your exercising. 5 days a week are very important.

NYMom222
on 11/30/18 5:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

My surgon's Mantra is " Protein first then veggies and then IF you have any room fruit then starchy carbs"

The first year you pretty much shouldn't be able to get past the protein and an occasional bite of veg. Having some fruit or carb occasionally like once or twice a month won't stall you but daily doesn't work. For most people it just doesn't.

Get rid of the pudding cups and make that 2oz of veggies at dinner not potato.

I tried to keep my protein around 100g during weight loss. I did have a shake a day. Some people try and keep carbs below 30g. I kept mine usually between 30-50g.

Good luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Writergurl08
on 11/30/18 7:36 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Stalls are completely normal, even after surgery and I tend to stall for weeks on end and then have a drop. Listen to the vets. It seems harsh, but you'll do best by ditching the things that have no nutritional value for you right now (the pudding, jello, potatoes, and the apples). Swap them out for protein rich snacks, like string cheese, Greek yogurt (it's generally lower in sugar/carbs and higher in protein), cottage cheese, and even deli meat. I eat a lot of deli turkey rolled around a string cheese with a little mayo or cream cheese. As for fruit, berries will be lowest in sugar, but I still tend to keep fruit to a minimum (it actually makes me feel nauseous anyway but that's my own quirk I think). If you have room after the protein, keep to low-starch green veggies.

Dont get frustrated--focus on fueling your body, YDRATING and staying active. The scale will move again :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Nanners0828
on 12/6/18 10:09 am
RNY on 04/25/18

I am 7 months post RNY and the weight isn't flying off like it was. I can hold for a week at a time and then all of a sudden I drop 3 lbs. The hardest part is not picking up on the bad habits that got me in trouble in the first place. Chips, crackers, sweets. I and down 84 lbs and swim 1 mile every other day. Wonderful progress but the slow down has been discouraging. No magic answer, unfortunately, and I struggle EVERY DAY to keep on track. All my docs are thrilled and my numbers are great. It is the worst time of year to have to behave and stick to the plan. Keep the faith. Support each other....

Writergurl08
on 12/6/18 11:34 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I am with you. I'm 9 almost 10 months out and tend to stall for weeks at a time. I'm positive I won't be one of those "at goal by one year!" People. But I'm sticking out the longer road :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views