What's on your MONDAY Menu, RNYers?

Julia S.
on 12/3/18 8:41 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Hunter Killer with Gerard Butler, it was good. But of course I liked him much better in the 300, talk about beautiful bodies, that movie definitely has them.

I was a total mess this weekend. Last weekend I bought a gingerbread house kit and managed to eat the whole thing this weekend. I've also been obsessing about my ex-boyfriend and how much he hurt me. Fueled by some wine I called him and proceeded to tell him "F**K YOU!" many times and how he was not the man he thinks he is, how much he hurt me and so on! Not a good choice, but I felt like I did get closure. When I was at my highest weight I was not confident enough to actually tell him how I felt, or confront him about this. I did email and snail mail him before but got no response. His lack of response made me feel like there was no closure. He called me in January around my birthday, I hadn't heard from him in about a year and was in shock when he called so not sure how to respond. I finally asked him why he called and it had to do with the "great sex" we had, but I'm not sure that was really the reason.

This man I believed was the "love of my life" and I can say I never loved anyone as much as I did him. But with opening yourself up to love you also open yourself to pain. Because of him I don't think that I can ever let anyone close to me again. I will never love like that again, never care that much which is a good thing. I spent 9 years waiting for this man and it was a waste of my life. So closure is good! I was at my thinnest for most of my relationship with him, but at the end had gained much weight. Part of me has always felt that I don't deserve to be loved. I need to fight the feelings of not being good enough.

I find myself when I'm not doing well food wise, not logging my food. I have to stop that and account for it all no matter what. So I'm back on the straight and narrow, no more gingerbread houses in my future. Thanks for reading all of this and for your support!

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Theduffman27
on 12/3/18 8:49 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Sometimes there is no other way to get closure than to tell someone to F&*koff! I hope you can put it behind you and please don't be afraid to give someone the best of yourself, I know it has to be easier said than done. Live for now, live for you and enjoy yourself.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 190, CW- 194.4 - 4.4 lbs to goal

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 9:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 12/3/18 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad you got closure. Onward and upward now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/18 12:36 pm

. I hope there will be joy in your future! Our lives can sometimes turn on a dime, bringing in the unexpected. Just take good care of yourself! I'm glad you got closure.

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 9:40 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning JB & menu family!

You guys made a gingerbread house with LW theme?? I would love to see it. Is there a picture? And the news of a LW remake? Oh my, can't wait to see that movie. The book was one of my absolute favorites when I was 10-12 and in my head I was Jo, of course.

Yesterday was my last day of AMAW and I gotta report that I did not lose an oz! I don't know why, maybe lack of exercise due to my injury, or backed up. I'm trying to be a grown up about it and not stomp my feet and throw a temper tantrum. So let's leave it at that.

QOTD: I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and loooved it. There are so many movies out there that I wanna see. Good boy is one of them.

Menu (back to regular food thank God)

B: cheese omelette

L: tuna + hard boiled egg

S: parm cheese (my beloved)

D: fresh made ragù spaghetti sauce (no pasta)

Have a great start of the week my friends.

Librarian67
on 12/3/18 10:00 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all...well actually it's afternoon already. Another busy morning where I hit the ground running. I did take an hour break at lunch and went for a lovely walk around the neighborhood. The sun is shining but it's fairly windy. Nice to get out and away from my computer for a while.

Due to Bush's viewing and funeral, LOTS of barricades and police plus closed streets. The next 2 days will be really hectic here because of all the visitors on the streets and Metro. Nice to have Wednesday off though.

It was a busy but pleasant weekend. After running errands, I did some yard work again some of it in the rain and VERY soggy. There are still a few leaves on some of the oaks behind our house, so the raking isn't completely done yet but getting there. It has been many hours of hard work to take care of it myself this year, but I am VERY grateful that I've been physically able to do it myself. Still need to get the gutters done yet. I have a ladder but I don't like heights...ugh!

Also spent some time starting holiday cards and baking. I try to limit the baking because it is too easy to nibble but I really enjoy it. I just try to get things out of the house ASAP.

Menu:

B: turkey sausage wake up wrap

L: Chomps, chick pea salad

S: protein shake

D: 4 oz steak, zucchini

Exercise: 50 minute walk at lunch

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/18 1:45 pm

Hi all, happy Monday!

I've a busy day today, running errands, shipping, and meeting someone later for tea. I actually would prefer going out to dinner, but he says he only eats once a day, early, and expresses no interest in restauranting - reluctantly but politely saying it I'm hungry we can go - which kind of takes the fun out of it. I definitely don't want to be the only one eating! On the one hand this of course makes it easy for me to stay on track, but on the other it is a little weird in the dating environment, and I've been so incredibly stressed out for a month or more and could use some relaxation.

I lost 1/2 pound this past week, better than nothing! I'm still trying to figure out my ideal weight. I love being in the 130s, and don't really want to weigh in the 120's except as a buffer when I enter maintenance. Based just upon my wrist measurement, I supposedly have a smallish frame, though my hips were surprised to hear that. One source claims that a woman my height's ideal weight, if she has a small frame, is 123. I think I'd look like a concentration camp survivor at that weight. I have always battled against perfectionism, and have to be alert to it now, too. Also: depression. I have never been diagnosed with depression, but sometimes I make the least intelligent decisions over, and over, based upon seriously and obviously flawed reasoning, and then I find myself in real trouble, because I act on these things. I'll get myself someone to talk to about this.

Movies: it's been too long! I am not even sure what the last one I saw on the big screen was.

First: mega-mugs of tea

B: salmon

L: ham with cheddar

D: more salmon

S: possibly a hard-boiled egg

Wishing you all happiness today!

Amy Liz
on 12/3/18 2:43 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I would consider this type of date ideal right now! Enjoy a relaxing cup of tea!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 3:59 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

What Amy said!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views