AMAW/CAMAW - results/lessons learned

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/18 7:49 pm

Awww, thank you Sheila! Part of my commitment is plain ol' naked fear! Fear of maintenance, fear I haven't gone far enough, fear of blowing it, fear of regain, fear of going backwards. I know that sticking to the straight and narrow won't plunge me off the edge! But I figure in a way, being like this can help me more than a more sanguine and relaxed attitude might, at least at this point.

newme14
on 12/3/18 11:48 am - Ontario, Canada

Afternoon!

Been busy as work so my apologies for the delay in responding.

I was CAMAW and I fell of the wagon on Saturday. It wasn't a hard fall, I had a protein bar. But it was a fall.

Overall, this reminds me once again that my pouch is in fact working. I always wonder and panic that I've failed and stretched it out. Weight loss was minimal(1.5) but that could be for a number of reasons so I've been following along yesterday and again today and will weigh again on Wednesday.

I find this really helps me get back on track and this time was perfect for going into the holiday season. I'm going to try and keep this going till the 12th. Christmas lunch for work, pizza place. I have decided I can easily have soup or a salad. Then for supper that night it's my other works Christmas dinner and they have picked a buffet. That's a hard no for me, so I told them I'd go for dessert. Which means I'll pop in to say hi and leave again. SIGH. I can't justify going to a buffet. And honestly? Talk about BAD luck. 2 on the same day??

So what did I learn?

1-My pouch still works!

2- Dense protein is the way to go

3-I am a BEAST to be around the first 2 days I detox from sugar. Going to have to buy a few extra gifts this year. LOL

4- I CAN control what I'm eating/doing and this is truly a head game.

5- I LOVE steak. I always knew I liked it, but really? I love it. and I could eat it for 3 meals a day.

6- I also love ham but ham doesn't love me. HAHAHAHAHA. But on the plus side ham makes me drink more. SO win/win.

Thanks so much or organizing this!! I really needed it and can't wait for the next one!! :)

Have a great one!

Lori

RNY January 2015

HW-365 CW-185 GW-160

"Beauty is found within."

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 12:10 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Lori, I am so happy the challenge helped your mindset and don't poo poo 1.5 lbs loss. Look at my previous post with my results.

I found out if I'm meeting friends at a pizza place I can order a very meaty pizza and just eat the top. I don't mind leaving the crust behind.

It was great having you on the challenge.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 12/3/18 12:35 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Oh boy... I started the week at 159 and was down to 155 on Thursday but that is where my story takes a bad turn... I was home sick on Thursday and had a few mugs of chicken bullion so I was up a couple #'s on Friday due to sodium. Then I blew it on Sat and Sun with various carbs, nothing major really just a bit of this and that. I am pretty backed up and feel I am carrying a food baby for real folks. My belly is way extended and I was 163 this morning. I was so mortified at that number that I did't put it on my daily post... Ugh so I am a net +4 this for the week.

I think I will skip the C/AMAW challenges from now on. I love the idea of resetting but the last few I've tried have thrown my body and my mind off the track.

I do best when I stick to my routine - my tried and true no brainer menus and meals that satisfy. This really puts maintenance on the back burner for me - will I ever be able to handle it?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 3:53 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Amy, my nutritionist had warned me for the same reason. She said you obsess on a number and you go on these drastic diets, then when you don't see the results you binge. She told me slow and steady, so what if you don't lose every week or even every month...as long as at the end you are in the weight range you wanted to be in. So I guess, I gotta pull up my big girls panties and stop moping and just get back to my tegular eating.

I lover her though. THis morning when I texted her, almost in tears, she got back to me right away and virtually held my hand and talked me out of my temper tantrum.

Rosemi
on 12/3/18 8:12 pm

...and now Shelia H...you've talked me out of mine...slow and steady...thank you ... I feel like crying...but I'm smiling...so what if i don't lose every week or every month....just slow and steady...thanks

Sheila_H
on 12/3/18 8:33 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Partlypollyanna
on 12/3/18 5:58 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Amy, I'm sorry you are so frustrated! One of the things I've seen you and others here say is "figure out what works for you/what works for you may not work for others". I'll be try to my name and say "at least now you know CAMAW/AMAW throw you off and play head games so you can not do them in the future. Be kind to your self and happy with the knowledge you've gained if you can. You are awesome, look at all you've accomplished! Get back into your routine and "do you" because you are amazing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/4/18 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thanks, Jen!! I think you're amazing too!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

bethmal
on 12/3/18 2:29 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

I failed miserably on CAMAW. I did lose a pound though. 163.5 to 162.5. I didn't plan well enough and well, we all know how that goes. I was very mindful with my food choices most of the time and didn't have too many indulgences. It's tough to do AMAW and CAMAW and I applaud all of you that were successful with it. My hat goes off to you.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?