scar tissue

Kaleigh84
on 12/5/18 6:07 am
RNY on 11/26/18

Hello! My name is, Kaleigh! I'm new to this forum! Not in any way new to the diet or weight loss scene! I have a question about scar tissue. I had my RNY surgery November 26, 2018. I had the lap band a few years ago that had to be taken out cause It about killed me. I had scar tissue from all that. They said when they did the surgery I had a bunch of bleeding and that it would take me longer to heal cause of how invasive the surgery had to be cause of scar tissue. Has anyone else had this issue? If so can you help me out on what to to do with the healing process? Also my left foot and leg is swollen and I for the life of me cant get the swelling to go down. The doc said that it is because of all the fluids they had to pump into me cause of loss of blood. Ive elevated it and walked. IT'S NOT getting better and the doc has already seen it. Thank yall and have a bless day.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 12/5/18 11:32 am - CT

I had surgery for colon cancer in October and was also pumped full of fluid - about 20 pounds worth. I could barely walk and couldn't climb stairs. They told me to walk too but it didn't help. Finally the doctor prescribed lasix and within a week I lost all 20 pounds of fluid, thank God.

Kaleigh84
on 12/12/18 9:52 am
RNY on 11/26/18

They wont give me lasix..They said it will get rid of something I need in my body.I don't always remember what they say. Thanks for the advice! Sorry about your Cancer. I hope you are healing well and cancer free!!

NYMom222
on 12/11/18 2:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Do you have any pain in the swollen leg? If there is pain I would go to ER or urgent care. If there is no pain, give it time. For me I'd be calling them again in a week.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kaleigh84
on 12/12/18 9:55 am
RNY on 11/26/18

The docs gave me Lovenox to use for my blood clots. Plus ive been wrapping my leg and using heat. That has taken the swelling out of my foot. My foot was so swollen my toes were turning purple. I go back to the docs for my three week check up on the 17th.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 335 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics