DBlessings19
on 12/9/18 12:54 pm
RNY on 12/05/18

Hello, I am new here. I had my RNY surgery on 12/05/18, surgery went well, I had an allergic reaction to Morphine. I stayed 2 nights in the hospital and now home resting without taking any meds except for Benadryl. I stated my journey 6 months ago at 308, date of surgery 292 I decided not to weigh myself until my two weeks surgeon visit. I am having a hard time with my liquid intake. I can do a premier protein and 16 ozs of water and that's it. I know I have to keep hydrated but my mouth has no taste. And product you guys can recommend. I hate the taste of Isopure drink and the Protein 20 water. Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening. Blessings

Partlypollyanna
on 12/9/18 5:53 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I think a lot of people have mentioned diluting the Isopure and Protein 20. Hydration is important so continue to get as much as you can down every day.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

selhard
on 12/10/18 3:13 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Welcome. I was told SF jello and SF popsicles counted toward liquid intake so maybe give those a valiant try. I was also told to never let a water bottle leave my hand the first few months and hardly ever thereafter. Some WLSers have mentioned warm liquids like tea go down better than cold.

ks76
on 12/10/18 8:45 am
RNY on 11/29/17

yes SF popsicles were my best friend. Water killed my stomach and plain water still isn't all that great to me. Just gives me an uncomfortable feeling. I still eat the SF popsicles. I keep a box at work and at home. I was also told the Powerade Zero as well. Im trying to not drink that as much since its got artificial sweeteners in it, but sometimes I still have one here and there.

I add the True Lemon Lemonade to my water typically. There are a bunch of different flavors and they're sweetened with stevia.

Your water/liquid intake will progress, it is super hard at the beginning.

Highest Weight: 315, Day Of Surgery: 291.5 CW 184

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 231 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views