Weight regain immediately following RNY

Lassally
on 12/27/18 7:12 am

I need help! I had my RNY on 12/11/18 weighing 216.5 at time of surgery. The first few days I lost down to 207. Now a few days later after starting the soft diet I have gained to 215.4. My typical diet is either 1 scrambled egg sprinkled with cheese or 1 Premier Protein for breakfast, 1-2 T cottage cheese or 1Premier Protein for lunch, and 2 T refried beans for supper, also water, sf Popsicles and Isopure inbetween. I have missed a couple doses of calcium, however I am quite regular with vitamins and supplements. What am I doing wrong?!?

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/18 8:16 am

Couple issues came to mind: constipation and water retention.

Every time I get constipated, my weight goes up. When I don't drink enough water - my body tries to retain any liquid I drink. Drinking plain water, or herbal or a weak green tea helps me "lose weight".

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Au_Contraire
on 12/27/18 1:32 pm, edited 12/27/18 5:35 am

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. I'm surprised you can digest the scrambled eggs so soon out, but otherwise it looks fine. Make sure you're getting your fluids in, take some Miralax, and try to relax. I'll bet your weight starts dropping very soon!

White Dove
on 12/28/18 4:30 am - Warren, OH

Look into using a smart scale that measures your weight, bmi, bone density, water weight, and fat.

It will make this journey so much easier if you know what number went up.

Get on the scale everyday and always know your numbers, all of them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lassally
on 12/27/18 9:00 pm

Thank you all for responding and the great advice!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views