Help me, please.

Cris1976
on 12/27/18 9:33 am

I'm brazilian and had an gastric bypass surgery in 04/2018. I'm fell so bad and sad. I see the nutritional complications, hernias, and other problems that I may have and I regret it. I would like to hear encouraging testimonials from people who have had surgery and have been well for many years. How do you do daily vitamin supplementation?

At times I think about dying, but I struggled a lot for life this year. After surgery, a cardiac arrhythmia was detected and a second surgery was required. Very difficult.

Is posible an normal life after bypass?

Member Services
on 12/27/18 11:11 am - Irvine, CA

We were notified about your post by very concerned board members. We'd like to encourage you to seek out help as soon as possible. Often times feelings like this are temporary, but sometimes someone needs a professional to help them deal with their emotions. We urge you to visit the National Suicide & Crisis website for numbers in your local area of professionals who are trained to help people in crisis.Their website is located here:

CVV Sao Paulo - National Association
Rua Herculano de Freitas
273 - Cerqueira César
CERQUEIRA CESAR
CEP 01308-020
Sao Paulo - SP
Hotline:55 11 31514109
E-mail Helpline: [email protected]

We hope you seek out any help you may need at this pivotal time in your life and let us know you're doing ok. Your fellow ObesityHelp members are worried about you.

Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp

Cris1976
on 12/27/18 4:12 pm

Thanks to the board members for the help, especially White Dove and Fickleme. I'm a little more calm. I'm still scared, but thinking about the positives.

White Dove
on 12/27/18 11:47 am - Warren, OH

I was in South America a few years after having RNY

People were surprised that I looked so healthy. Most of the post-op people there were eating a high carb, low protein with a lot of fruit. I ate lean meat and vegetables

I drank protein shakes and took vitamins.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

fickleme
on 12/27/18 11:56 am - Bessemer City, NC

Normal life after bypass is absolutely possible. It may be a "new" normal in ways but you will learn what works for you. I feel successful with my bypass but by no means was it easy. Educate yourself on the supplements we require and make sure you take them.... DAILY! I am almost 8 years post op and vitamins are a key factor in all this. Make healthy food choices and follow the rules of waiting 30 mins after a meal to drink. This forum is an excellent source to learn from but always remember that this is your journey and what works for some may not work for you. Unfortunately there are possible complications just as there are with any surgery. You evidently did this for your health so keep that in mind when you're feeling the regret. We can't sit and wonder will that happen to me. If we all did that I think we would live in a world that no one would drive because we could get in a wreck. No one would send their children to school because there could be a shooting. I hope you see my point. If you truly think of dying I plead with you to seek counseling. The new lifestyle is quite different but can be so rewarding but its gonna take effort on your part too. Chin up and instead of reading about complications try looking up NSV stories and before and after pics for a while to find encouragement in those. Prayers and good vibes or whatever you need are being said for you by me and I hope you get past this slump and kick butt in the new lifestyle!

btw... I am one of the MANY people who didn't have any complications and lost 140lbs. It is very possible you will not have anymore either! :)

Cris1976
on 12/27/18 12:10 pm
Cris1976
on 12/27/18 7:40 pm

Fickleme,

Thank you so much for yours words.

It help me a lot because i had been search for anwers regardeness for my pos surgery condition (bypass Y roux and heart surgery).

I so far be lost 65 pounds in eight months pos surgery.

I didn't not found major dificulties follow in doctors diety.

My major insecurities are restrictions of medications (Aines etc) and diary suplementation because I cant affect my heart.

Good bless you and thank you so much you kindness.

Cris

Greatmum41
on 12/31/18 1:55 pm

Hi there yes life will return to normal. I found for me I started going to the gym which helps me feel great. It was hard at the beginning but as time went on I started to enjoy going to the gym and now go almost everyday. As far as vitamin I take 2 multi vitamins when I get up in the morning and then twice a day my calcium with vitamin d and b12 every other day. So far my labs have been good. I don't take my vitamins at a specific time but do make sure I don't take my calcium till at least 4 hours after my multi vitamin. You have made a great decision to have the surgery don't regret it. Good luck

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404