Whats on your Sunday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 12/30/18 6:01 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning,menu friends! A quick post here to start off my day with accountability. Lily and I had a nice brisk nearly 4 mile walk in the 20 degree air. It felt amazing to get it finished. Accountability great step wise and foodwise yesterday. Weight today125.8. I managed to drink 120 ounces of fluids yesterday and ate no extra bites--in fact no veggies at supper and 2 bites of meat left. Slowing down when eating seems to really help me eat less.QOTD what is one thing you have learned about yourself. Mine is that I am an emotional eater. Any emotion makes me crave food:boredom,happiness,sadness,you name it and I want to eat. Before surgery I just thought I enjoyed food--now I realize it's an addiction and something I struggle with every single day. At least here,though,I know I'm not alone. Thanks for being here! Heres the food for today B 2/3c earnest eats hot cereal L 2 slices turkey 1 slice cheese D 1 c ham and bean soup S 1/2 c pork rinds. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

Kakesie
on 12/30/18 6:22 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Karen & Menu Family!

QOTD: I have to agree with you, Karen. I'm an emotional eater, too. Especially boredom and frustration.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: chili ****ep saying chili for supper, but I still haven't gotten around to making it! Hopefully I'll make it today). light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana brownies

Have an awesome day everyone!

~ Karen

obxhatteraslight
on 12/30/18 9:19 am - baldwinsville, NY

Can you pls tell me what a 160 calorie meal is..... I follow this thread I have not posted yet. Thanks so much

catwoman7
on 12/30/18 6:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

My brother is now safely back home and the holidays are about over, so things are starting to get back to normal. I was a bit over my calorie range yesterday but not by much (lunch out...), so I'm continuing to improve. Thank God. I'm so tired of feeling like a water-logged slug.

I told the woman planning the India trip (for October) that I'd give her a definite answer by tomorrow (she has two other people waiting to grab that space if I don't take it - and then, the trip is full). I'm leaning toward yes. Although I'd rather have fewer intense yoga days (replaced by a couple of extra travel days instead, to see another city), I'm a little afraid if I let it go, I might live to regret it. I've heard before that at the end of life, people are more likely to regret things they didn't do rather than things they did. I'm a little afraid that if I wait for the perfect trip, it'll never materialize and I'll end up never going to India. Besides, a vacation that includes six days of intense yoga and meditation in the Himalayas might be wonderful for my stress...

QOTD: I don't know that I'm necessarily an emotional eater, but I often think of food when I'm not hungry. Whatever I'm thinking of eating just "sounds good". The taste - the texture - whatever. Occasionally I still do cave to it - before WLS, I caved *all the time*. Often I can substitute whatever it is I'm craving for a better option - e.g., Greek yogurt for ice cream, or FF/SF hot cocoa for chocolate - but I wish I could flat-out ignore those cravings every time. It's a constant struggle.

Movie with a friend this afternoon (Mary Queen of Scots) - yoga this evening. I may go to Zumba as well, if I can squeeze it in in between (not sure how long this movie goes - I think it's pretty long, though).

3.5 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: cottage cheese

D: leftover tandoori chicken (c. 2 oz) and 1/2 C couscous salad

ex: yoga

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 12/30/18 6:41 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Karen,

Your response to the QOTD is me. I am an emotional eater too. I struggle every day with it.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/30/18 7:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was a busy day - I moved a bunch of stuff out to the curb for our bulk pickup; I should have asked for help because I lifted an old tube TV off a dresser taller than I was...slow motion dropped it on my foot; then I moved an old mattress out and took out one of the living room lamps in the process...didn't break anything moving the plasterboard but stupidly heavy bookcase out. I'm glad everything else is going to be picked up for donation; these were just the big items no one would take!

Today I have a massage in the morning, an assisted stretch session in the evening and in between I'll be sorting out one of the guest rooms.

Menu today is

coffee + .3 premier, tea

B - two smart yogurt

L - 1 serving of the crustless pizza casserole

D - 1 serving of the crustless pizza casserole

ES - butterscotch protein pudding

808/78/18

Have a superb sunday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/30/18 10:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good thing you weren't hurt too badly. I suffer from not asking for help often enough too. I just noticed that you are almost at goal. Good for you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 12/31/18 8:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I made a lot of swaps yesterday, ended up with

B - 2 oz deli chicken (trying the lemon pepper instead of ever roast...it's not as good)

l - crockpot pizza

D - 1 oz cheddar, 2 oz deli ham

S - butterscotch protein pudding

S - crio bro with 6 tsp half and half

736/72/17 so still in the plan for calories/protein/carbs

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 12/30/18 7:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning all~ We got all the Christmas decorations put away and now the house really looks bare. I keep rearranging things, but it just looks weird! NFL today, but I really want to get out of the house It's 35 degrees right now which is freezing cold for my neck of the woods - too cold to walk the our little pups and our visiting chihuahua right now - so we'll go later.

QOTD -Yes, emotional but I think I'm more obsessed with food in general. I think I became obsessed with food at around 7 years old - I was not overweight at this point, but by 8 years old, I was. We had a family of 8 and money was tight, so everything in the cabinet was off limits without permission and the answer was always no. I remember looking at the food and wishing so bad I could have some of what ever. At my friends houses they were allowed to eat whatever, whenever including junk which was a big no-no at my house. I was so jealous. I remember babysitting neighbor kids and marveling at their food. I was allowed to help myself and believe me I did. Then I was put on a diet in 7th grade and food was further restricted....I now understand better why I overeat and hoard food. Yes, I'm obsessed.

Accountability - found a protein bar in a drawer - I almost threw it in the trash, but though - in case of emergency, I may need it. Nope - I ate it about 5 minutes later and regretted it terribly. Protein bars don't agree with me at all - I thought it was the sugar alcohols but I think its more than that.

2 years, 1 month out - 162.6

b- coffee x 3, egg beaters and salsa

l- hot italian sausage w/onions and peppers

d-grilled chicken thighs

es-SF jello

v/l on track

e-walk the dogs when it warms up

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

peachpie
on 12/30/18 8:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning pouch peeps! Did my run, showered and ate breakfast. Waiting on the kettle to boil now to drink something warm. Today I'll likely finish Michelle Obama's book and do some work stuff.

Karen, I've noticed I need to slow down when eating too. I've been feeling a bit of a lump that I fear would turn into a stuck-- but luckily it hasn't. Sure sign I need to chew more and slow down.

Qotd: I learned that my happy place is solely that- mine. It's easy to get caught up in other goals, desires etc and begin to question your own. It's hard to stand and proclaim happiness at a place others are fighting to get away from. If I stand in my happy place, I've learned I have power over anything I thought I was powerless with.

M1: egg/egg white, ham and cheese stick

m2: turkey breast and yams

m3: ?? Need to make a dinner plan

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?