What's on your New Year's Day menu, RNY'ers?

catwoman7
on 1/1/19 6:09 am, edited 1/1/19 7:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Happy New Year!!

We're headed out to the annual New Year's Day brunch at my friend's house later this morning. We've gone every year for the probably last ten years. It's always the same crowd, some of whom I just see that one day a year. Can't wait to see everyone again! (and can't believe it's already here again - I swear it always seems like it's only been a couple of months since the last one!)

Accountability was great yesterday - and I'm down another pound. I just hope today doesn't screw that up! I was so committed the first couple of years after surgery that I somehow navigated these holiday events with practically NO slip-ups. Now, my aim is more to make healthy choices and not overeat (i.e., normal amounts - which often puts me over my calorie range, but usually not be a lot). Nothing coming up after this for quite awhile - thankfully!!

QOTD: any big plans for 2019? Mine are phase 2 of plastic surgery (my upper half), hopefully finally having our deck replaced with SOMETHING (I was hoping a screened porch but was blown away by the price tag), and GOING TO INDIA!! (in October - yes, I finally signed up for the trip!!)

Menu will be hard to plan today since we'll be at the brunch, where we'll likely stay all day. I know someone is bringing chili, though, so there's that. Otherwise - ??? I'm hoping there will be raw veggies there - and someone usually brings a cheese plate. I'll make this work

3.5 years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade blueberry/blackberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: chili? raw veggies? an ounce or two of cheese?

AS: ??

D: ?? (if we're home by then, probably just cottage cheese to make up for potentially heavier-than-normal eating today)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 1/1/19 6:45 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for starting us out this morning! I was so excited to hear you decided to go to India. What an adventure that will be! No exciting plans for today just some housework and some relaxing. I'm sure there will be much knitting to keep me out of the holiday goodies that are still around here calling my name. Lily and I have our first 4 miles for 2019 done and will do another mile later. Accountability was good yesterday both step and foodwise. There were no extra bites even though hubby and son snacked all evening beside me in front of the TV. Of course to remind myself that I have regain I'm working to take off I wore a pair of tightish pants yesterday and I successfully stayed 100 percent on plan. I also managed 100 ounces of fluids again and my weight today was 125.4. Heres the food for today B 2/3 c earnest eats mighty maple hot cereal. I love this--it has 16 gr protein,probiotics and no added sugar--for some variety from my steel cut oats. L1 slice thick deli turkey 1 slice cheese 3 grape tomatoes D 4 oz brat burger with mustard 1/4 c mixed veggies if neededS sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Hopefully this menu will help me achieve my goal of getting my weight back down to 120. How I wish I was still in my honeymoon period whenweight just fell off. Newbies,take advantage of that time and get the weight all off. It will never be that easy again. I'm losing my 12 pound regain but it is hard work and best choices every single time to make a tiny bit of progress. At least now I have plans in place to keep myself accountable next time we travel. And the scale will go with me and be used every single day so accountability for choices is immediate. Off to find the first of many cups of hot beverages to be consumed today! Have a great day everyone!

catwoman7
on 1/1/19 7:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I checked a couple of grocery stores for Earnest Eats but with no luck. I'll check at Walmart - I think you said you found it there. I'm curious to try it!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 1/1/19 8:11 am - Brighton, IL

Yes I got it at Walmart on the cereal aisle near the steel cut oats. They had two flavors both were good:mighty maple and apple crush.

Writergurl08
on 1/1/19 7:06 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I'm heading to my hometown today where my mom makes New Years dinner. Usually prime rib, but this year she has a free turkey to use, to my disappointment. I love prime rib and I'm a bit turkeyed out after having it for both thanksgiving and Christmas with leftovers. I'm also sick, but my mom will be crestfallen if we don't come, so I'm just going to go for a bit.

Qotd: I know I'll be buying a bicycle for my 1 year surgiversary in Feb, and maybe begin consulting for plastics at the end of 2019, depending on where I'm at for my weight. I've come further than I've ever been able to on my own, but I'm still far from my goal. We will also be visiting Portland, OR in July for my brothers wedding.

Breakfast: coffee

lunch: Turkey, green bean casserole, and I'm bringing a chopped kale salad, so some of that too

dinner: likely more of the same, depending on how late we stay. If we come home sooner I'll just have a yogurt or protein shake

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Dcgirl
on 1/1/19 7:23 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Happy New Years, all! I stayed up until 1 (we rang in the new year at home with the little kids - 8 and 12) and now I'm bone tired because of course I was still up at 7!

2019 is looking to be pretty awesome. I already have some confirmed travel - LA with the kids in a few weeks, FL for the family vacation in the summer, and Germany and Austria for work (March and June). We also reaaaaallly want to find affordable tickets to take the kids to Italy this summer. We shall see. And I found $250 round trip tickets to Iceland for mid-Feb for the weekend that we don't have the kids so I'm about ready to press "buy" on those!!! Jen (partlypollyanna), didn't you recently go there? I may have to hit you up for advice!

And then my real "resolution" for 2019 is to lose 25 lbs of regain and continue to do four hour long workout classes at my gym per week.

The eats today are up in the air. Eggs and chicken sausage for breakfast after my coffee with half and half. Maybe chicken and havarti meatballs for lunch? And leftover cast iron skillet mustard crispy chicken thighs for dinner! Snacks will be cucumbers and mini peppers dipped in fat free Greek yogurt and ranch seasoning powder

Have a wonderful start to the year, friends!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/1/19 9:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

yes, I've done Iceland twice and will probably do a third trip at some point. It's an amazing place -- go go go! My first trip was of the long weekend type and you can see just enough of Reykjavik and the SE area to give you a great taste for that lovely country!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

seattledeb
on 1/1/19 9:34 pm

Push the button!

I love that in Iceland your last name is your mom's name + ,daughter for girls and for boy's their father's name + son.

I took care of the coolest woman from there. Such a small place.

And all those hot mineral pools.

Greateight
on 1/1/19 7:34 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning and Happy 2019. Today is my last day before returning to work tomorrow. Actually don't feel to bad about returning, this has been a nice break and I feel pretty rested. Today is mostly football and I have one financial planning item that I want to get accomplished before I head back to work.

Starting today I am switching to black coffee or tea. I love my cream, but the amount of my calories that I was drinking was getting too high and its time cut that out.

QOTD: We are going to the Kentucky Derby in May. We will be sitting in the more formal area, so even more reason to get down to goal weight.

Breakfast: eggs and ham

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Steak

Snack: Light and fit

Dinner: Unknown but on plan

Happy New Year.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

karenp8
on 1/1/19 9:48 am - Brighton, IL

I'm there with you on the cream in coffee. I'm always cold and most of my beverages are hot decaf coffee or tea. I've cut the cream on all but the first cup of the day to cut calories especially since I'm trying to lose 5 pounds of regain. Originally 12 pounds but now a bit over five left to go. I went almost 61/2 years with no regain. It's encouraging to know that it does come off--albeit VERY slowly with MUCH work and making all good choices. That's pretty much torture but especially over the holidays.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Forum Search Error & 404