weight is driving me crazy

Patanna
on 1/4/19 2:41 pm

I had gastric bypass on December 10th so Monday I will be 4 weeks post op. Surgery weight was 240lbs my scale keeps going up and down. Today my weight is 233.9 I am getting in my fluids and protein I admit I exercise everyday but have not worked up to a mile yet. Am I doing something wrong?

NYMom222
on 1/4/19 5:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Not everyone loses quickly out of the gate. I lost 11 pounds the first week and then didn't lose anything for 3 1/2 weeks.

That being said I wouldn't worry so much about a mile but are you getting at least 30 minutes of activity in?

Are you getting at least 60g of protein in? And exactly where are you with your water?

At this point food should be protein drinks, eggs, some dairy like yogurt or cottage cheese and whatever meat you are allowed depending on your stage. There shouldn't be much room for anything else.

Have you see the Doctor or dietician lately?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Patanna
on 1/4/19 5:21 pm

thanks yes I am getting my protein and water in also exercising 15 minutes in the morning and evening I am a slow with this right now. I guess im just nervous that I am not doing right.

Haley_Martinez
on 1/4/19 8:05 pm
RNY on 05/03/18

With all due respect, you are not going to exercise the weight off. I honestly hate it and am putting it off as long as possible lol I haven't done a stitch of exercise but am still down 115 pounds. What matters is what you are eating....what are you eating? Where do you record your meals? Diary, My Fitness Pal, etc? What exactly did you eat yesterday and day before with portions?

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

ChrisFB
on 1/4/19 6:04 pm
RNY on 12/12/18

Patanna: I had my RNY surgery on December 12th so we are at the same stage really. I too am not losing weight quickly and I'm feeling disappointed, discouraged and a lot of regret. I've never had this much difficulty losing weight on any type of "diet plan". Like you, I'm getting in my protein and my fluids and trying my best to exercise every day. So, I feel your pain and I also feel that I must be doing something wrong. I know everyone says to stay positive and that the weight will start to come off but it is hard all the same. Stay strong Patanna!

Patanna
on 1/4/19 6:52 pm

Thanks Chris FB its good to know I am not alone. Hopefully things will get better. I'm trying to do 15 minutes of exercise every morning and evening. How is your exercise going.

ChrisFB
on 1/5/19 5:20 am
RNY on 12/12/18

It is good to know we aren't alone. I was actually pretty relieved when I saw your post. My exercise is going okay. I walk my dog for about 1/2 hour every afternoon. He does stop to smell a lot :) but otherwise it is a fairly fast paced walk. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong as I'm eating exactly what my nutritionist said to eat at this stage. As you said, hopefully things will get better.

Shtacey
on 1/5/19 8:07 am
RNY on 12/07/18

I had RNY on December 7, 2018, and as of last Monday I was down about 13.5 from my surgery weight. I haven't weighed myself since last Monday because I noticed that all it does it bother me. Every day will be a different number. Now I only weigh myself weekly (so this coming Monday I will weigh) because I feel it gives me a more accurate representation.

I had my 1 month follow up and nutrition class on Wednesday even though it hadn't been a month since surgery for me, and the dietician said I am totally where I should be. I was feeling the same way you guys are. I was expecting more to come off the scale, but to hear them say I am progressing exactly as expected made me feel better.

Like some people have said, it doesn't always come off super quickly at first. So many other factors. People with more weight to lose might lose more quickly, menstrual cycles, water intake, food, exercise, etc... it all factors in.

You guys are doing great. Keep it up and keep following the recommendations of the doctors and dietition's.

RNY 2018/12/07 in Toronto

HW: 292 SW: 259 GW: 155 CW: 155

ChrisFB
on 1/5/19 11:52 am
RNY on 12/12/18

Thanks Shtacey: I was feeling very alone in this weight loss journey just because my weight is coming off very slowly. It is good to know that their are others dealing with the exact same thing. It is good to get support from others who are experiencing the same thing.

SNCplus2
on 1/5/19 12:34 pm
VSG on 05/07/18

I had VSG back in May, and consistently lost an average of 2 lbs per week. It was frustrating not to see big drops, but on the flip side I did not experience any stalls either. I think our bodies are all different and wish you the best for your journey!

VSG 5/7/2018

Height: 5ft 7in; HW: 254; SW: 219; original goal: 150; maintenance goal: 135-140; CW: 138

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 475 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 393 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics