What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 1/7/19 11:32 am

"Yay! Obesity defeated!"

I have celebrated that exact victory many times! Unfortunately, within a couple of years I was bouncing back up the scale - waaaay back up! This time I know that the real potential to become obese again is still in me. It's still and will always be a threat to my health and well-being. The best I can do is to have it be under control by conscientious and continuous awareness and effort. It won't happen by itself. But it's so worth the work!

Congratulations Jim for achieving your 1981 weight! The songs really illustrate just how long ago that was. That is absolutely awesome!

Theduffman27
on 1/7/19 5:25 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and Menu Crew - Happy Monday, was a cold one this morning 2 degress!!!! We had a great weekend with nothing planned, I went to the Gym both mornings and we did groceries, other than that we were home puttering around all weekend. Was great! We spent the morning doing food prep as Joddie is doing Keto and I am sticking to low Carb. Have been staying under 20 carbs a day.

B- Scrambled eggs with Cheese and sausage.

L - Meatballs with no sugar added sauce and Mozzerella cheese.

S - Cukes with Ranch dressing

D - Low carb bacon Cheeseburger casserole from Low Carb Yum.com

E - Gym Night.

Time since surgery - 4 years 2 months

15 pounds to goal and Happy to report no gain over the weekend and also no alcohol over the weekend.

Sad story about addiction, a former neighbor passed away over the weekend, she was an alcoholic. She was 49 years old. Beautiful gal, Her ex Hubby had a big Position with US Border patrol. Addiction ran in her family and it cost her marriage, kids, home, and in the end her life. Friends and Family all tried to help her and she chose alcohol. Was very sad to hear the news.

Stay Healthy my Friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Emiepie
on 1/7/19 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 1/7/19 8:41 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Very sad to see what addiction can do, she had it all and alcohol won.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Emiepie
on 1/7/19 9:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Addiction can get anyone.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 1/7/19 10:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oh wow, that is so sad about your neighbor. Addiction, no matter to what, disrupts lives!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 1/7/19 11:37 am

Alcoholism truly is a pitiless scourge. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, what a sad ending.

Ginnny
on 1/7/19 6:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Daisy, do you mix up the tuna with the dressing or just pour it over the top?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Emiepie
on 1/7/19 7:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Daisy, thanks for kicking us off. This week should go pretty quick for me too since it's our busy season at work and Em has camp for church this weekend so we need to get her ready for that. Also we are back to routine after her three weeks off school.

QOTD: MY eyes are definitely deceiving! I don't use my kitchen scale as much as I should but usually a few times a week (usually for meat).

Time since surgery: 4 years 4 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Low carb pita with laughing cow white cheddar cheese spread on it, carbmaster yogurt and SF almond mill latte

D: Shredded beef bowl (lettuce/4 oz shredded beef, cheese, sour cream and green enchilada sauce) , sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6 miles ran this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1215 Protein:130 Carbs:94 Fat:43

Have a great one!

Dcgirl
on 1/7/19 7:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Daisy! Thanks for starting us off. Yep, five day work week here...ugh. I think my ferritin must be low again and I am going to try to get in for an infusion. Luckily, this is a five day week, then next week I am in Vegas T-Th for work and LA F-M for fun, so it's two short weeks in a row.

I HAVE to use my kitchen scale. I suck at measuring protein. For example, when I am putting my deli chicken on a plate, I normally put less than 4 oz, since it's slice so thin (shaved almost) that it looks larger. But then when I am measuring out a completed meal like a dip, I will always think the 4 oz is so dang small. I am well aware that I suck at portion control so my kitchen scale is out on the counter next to my knife block. I use it every day.

The eats for today, at five years and 3 weeks out:

B: 2 hard-boiled eggs and 1/2 cup cottage cheese, plus lots of Everything But the Bagel spice, after my coffee with half and half and sugar-free syrup

L: Leftover turkey chili with scallions and jalapeño, with a tbsp of sour cream and sprinkle of cheddar cheese

D: Aidells habanero chicken sausage, potentially with cottage cheese as a side. It's dated Jan 4th but appears to be just fine so I am going to keep eating it!

S: Cut up mini cucumbers and mini peppers with 4 oz non-fat greek yogurt and ranch seasoning

E: Toning class though my muscles are sore from yesterday! My goal is 4 classes this week.

Have a wonderful week, all!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views