What's on your menu today Tuesday RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/8/19 1:58 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Tuesday OHers!

How is everyone? Its damn cold and wet here, yesterday we got snow starting at 2pm, then at 7pm it turned to freezing rain and at 9pm it was just rain. I hate rain. I hate when its cold and raining. Hello Mother Nature, its January, no rain please!

Accountability: yesterday I was dealing with a migraine so for dinner I had a yogurt as I was not in any shape to cook, no BLT's

QOTD: Does anyone have any great trip/s planned for this year? If yes tell us about it. I don't. Hubby and I are looking to buy a bigger home this Spring and we want to make a few upgrades to our current home to get it ready to sell. That's all going to cost big $$ so we are not doing a big trip in lieu of a new home.

5 yrs 2 mos post op RNY

B: 8-10 cups of decaf coffee with RTD (ready to drink) Vanilla PP (Premier Protein) used as creamer then one can of solid white tuna with balsamic dressing

L: 5oz of rotisserie chicken + 1/4 cup of Seven Grain Salad (got it at Costco)

S: 2 babybel

D: 2 egg omlette with springle of shresed cheese & 1 tbsp of salsa

S: Activa yogurt + Special K protein granola

TOTALS: 968 cals, 128 protein. 36 carbs

V: patches are on (iron, Multi, vit D & Calcium) B12 orally

E: not sure, if not raining will take the dogs for a 5km hike, if raining will do housework

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

bethmal
on 1/8/19 3:44 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Hi Everyone :)

Today I think every supervisor from my district is visiting my school = you are going to get observed. Here is hoping I can make adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators exciting! I'm seriously not worrying about it because I am going to do what I would do every day.

QOTD: My DH and I would like to go back to Pigeon Forge, Tennesse because we feel like we didn't get to see or do nearly as much as we could have when we were there last year. We spent more time in Nashville and should have spent more time in Pigeon Forge. We have also tossed around going to the Iowa State Fair, he has always wanted to go there so that would be a road trip for sure.

1 year out - weight 163

B: Overnight oats

32 ounces water

L: zoodles with meat sauce

16 ounces of hot tea

AS: PP chocolate shake before gym

32 ounces water

D: chicken with chopped salad

32 ounces of water

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

seattledeb
on 1/8/19 4:06 am

I love the Iowa State Fair. My grandparents lived there. I would road trip that. My sister and I want to do a trip to Pigeon Forge.

NYMom222
on 1/8/19 4:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

What are you doing up at this hour girlfriend? You should be sleeping.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

seattledeb
on 1/8/19 4:11 pm

My sleep is more broken than normal.

Emiepie
on 1/8/19 6:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like you are ready to be observed-good luck!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 1/8/19 3:52 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning everyone! It's another oddly warm day here for January but that may give me the opportunity to get out for a nice walk at lunch.

I went to the gym last night and did a workout class with my trainer and 3 other ladies. It was good to get in another hard workout this week after a long and stressful day. I really put myself into it and I'm rather sore this morning. My biggest accomplishment, other than completing several sets with heavier weights than I'd been using, was doing dips. I've been trying to do them for years and really struggled. When the trainer said that that's what we were going to do, I almost came up with an excuse not to do them. I decided to give it a try and I managed to do them deep and with very little struggle! I've obviously gotten stronger since I last tried them so they weren't as bad! Yeah!

QOTD: We don't have any long trips scheduled any time soon. Travel of any kind outside of the usual routine is really hard on DW, so day trips and very short overnight trips are better.

I've been having more of a problem drinking my coffee lately. I've never had a real problem since WLS but my stomach has started getting rumbly after I drink some. That's partly why I've been trying to reduce my coffee intake and shift to water. This morning after my cup while commuting, I am really feeling ill. Hopefully having some breakfast in my tummy will help some but I think I'm going to try to drink even less coffee (boo hiss!) to see if the symptoms go away on their own. I really LOVE my coffee and this will be hard!

Menu:

B1: coffee, 5 almonds, 1/2 Chomps

B2: 2 HB eggs

S: Chomps

L: TJ's Chinese Chicken salad w/o noodles

S: salmon jerky

D: TJ's salmon or tuna patty

Exercise: I had wanted to do a run today but after last night's workout I may do a brisk walk instead

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Theduffman27
on 1/8/19 4:58 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Great job on your workouts, always good to push beyond limits, so rewarding when you realize you CAN do it!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 190, CW- 194.4 - 4.4 lbs to goal

catwoman7
on 1/8/19 5:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

coffee can be really hard on my stomach, too, so I'm never without my arsenal of OTC antacids when I'm drinking it. I'm sure it would be a million times better if I could give it up, but I'm an addict. Some brands are better than others - and darker roasts tend to be easier on people's stomachs than lighter roasts (maybe they're not processed as much? I'm not sure....). They do have some low-acid varieties nowadays, but I've never tried any - I probably should.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 1/8/19 6:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on the dips!!!

I think sometimes the acid in the coffee agitates my tummy but usually that is after the afternoon cup if I have one. I hope you are able to keep drinking your coffee-have you tried half-caf?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?