What is on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 1/9/19 11:06 am

I'm very sorry to hear about your DW's job. I know that must be a blow. Thankfully your insurance will cover her! I hope that you are feeling better today, physically. Take it easy today and in general be sure to take care of yourself, Janet. You have a lot on your plate. Sending good thoughts your way!

Dcgirl
on 1/9/19 6:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh Daisy, I am so sorry to hear about your migraine. I cannot imagine going through that. I used to get horrible sinus headaches when I was super morbidly obese and a smoker (I cannot even imagine that I used to be SMO and a smoker but I digress) and trying to function when your head is pounding is just not a good combo. I hope you can get some relief. I was hoping the acupuncture would help :(

QOTD: I am actually self-diagnosed with hyperhidrosis. I don't get super cold but I am the SWEATIEST person at the gym by far. I literally look like a bucket has dripped off my head and on my tank top after one hour at the gym. My mom was at a boxing class with me a few months ago while she was in town and she looks over and goes "oh, you must have hyperhidrosis like your brother". I was like, WHAATT? I had no idea it was a thing. I looked it up and while I (thankfully) don't have the worst case where I have pit stains all day long and am embarrassed to be in publi****rtainly sweat more than the average person when I am exerting myself. Annoying.

Time since surgery: 5 years, 3 weeks

B: Leftover crab cake and smoked fish appetizer (it's smoked in house at this Annapolis restaurant and has sriracha and finely diced red onion and is just awesome) - last night at dinner I was inexplicably full after half of one crab cake, so today is "best leftovers ever" day

L: More leftover crab cake and smoked fish appetizer

D: Chicken wings in the air fryer! Some starch for Kris on the side. I can just messily eat wings, quite happily!

E: 1.5 hour toning and cardio class tonight. It's a good one. I like the instructor a lot. She puts together very thoughtful routines where we cycle through cardio and strength training.

If I need a snack, I have some mini peppers I can cut up and dip in fat-free Greek yogurt with ranch seasoning. I think I have found my first thing at Costco that I don't love...they sell this giant canister of ranch seasoning, but it seems much less flavorful than the packets from the grocery store so I have to use twice as much. I think it's the first thing I have ever bought at Costco that I don't love! (not that it's Costco's fault!)

Have a fab day, everyone. Daisy, I know you love your long runs and your hikes with the dogs but please take great care of yourself and don't give yourself a ton of pressure to get to the gym if you're not well! XOXO

Emiepie
on 1/9/19 7:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I sweat like crazy when I work out too. Still, if I am wearing a shirt that is a little tight in the armpit I will sweat and hate it!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 1/9/19 7:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

My head and my back are my sweaty areas! The head sucks because it's the most visible! I have a friend who is the same and when we used to go to the gym and do cardio together, we nicknamed ourselves "The Sweaty Bucket Heads". Not sexy!

Emiepie
on 1/9/19 8:38 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Emily has sweaty hands and is so embarrassed by that. I don't know if she'll ever hold a boys hand.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 1/9/19 6:49 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

My son has sweaty hands too and he is very sensitive about hand holding. He was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 1/10/19 6:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I recently have seen commercials for medication for it. Not sure if she needs that or not.

Amy Liz
on 1/9/19 6:51 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I totally agree with you on the Ranch dressing mix packet vs canister from Costco - its like there is no salt or strong flavor tang? I WAY prefer the envelopes.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 1/9/19 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Daisy, I hope they can get your feeling better soon, your migraine sounds horrible. Breakfast for dinner is the best...yummy.

QOTD: YES!! Always freezing except during the summer. Like you, my hands/fingers hurt!

Time since surgery: 4 years 4 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Low carb pita with laughing cow white cheddar cheese cup spread on it, carbmaster yogurt, and SF almond milk latte

D: Shredded beef bowl, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 35 mins of elliptical this morning

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1233 Protein:124 Carbs:94 Fat:47

Have a great one!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/9/19 7:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am so sorry about your migrane; I don't know how people with chronic migrane function as well as they do. I hope they are able to help you via the fluids. Have you tried the cartilage piercing? I have two friends that did it; one saw a huge decrease in her migranes and one didn't have any impact (but it's a cool piercing so there's that).

QOTD - I am cold all the time. Sadly, my office was the only place I was cold pre-op, so now it's even colder. I have a Mr Roger's sweater routine every morning, plus I have arm warmers that cover all but my fingers for the really cold days (in the office). I think my "new" clothes are majority layering pieces because of it, lol.

I am at the stage of prepping for my move that I'm not sure if I should continue to sort/purge/donate or just burn it all down. I did schedule the movers for 1/25 and 26 so I guess I'm NOT lighting it on fire.

Menu today is

coffee + half and half X2, one tea with a splash of milk and then plain tea rest of the day

B - 4 oz Austrian goulash

L - .9 oz cheese square and L&F greek

D - 4 oz ever roast chicken, 1 oz provolone

ES - 2 peppadew, 2 olives

808/81/17

Have a great Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?