What is on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

artchikk
on 1/10/19 6:44 am
RNY on 02/12/18

I have always been drawn to pinup style. in fact, my entire wedding theme was "rockabilly" and everyone had pinup style dresses/shoes/hair, decor, etc...
I know the styles are usually flattering on most body types but I think it's a mental thing, like I want to try something different now that I have a new body...I've been wearing pinup style clothes for so long! haha.

Also, I just got those glasses and I think they're meant to be oversized so I kinda like that they make my face look smaller hahaha.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Greateight
on 1/9/19 5:19 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Nobody who has shopped with toddlers doubts that you set out to buy a shirt and ended up with a romper. If you had said you ended up pajamas, raincoat, menswear, etc. I would have thought of my sons and said "yeah, I can see that."

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

artchikk
on 1/10/19 6:45 am
RNY on 02/12/18

haha TRUTH.

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

yvonnef1964
on 1/9/19 8:50 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sorry Daisy about the migraines. I had them as a kid and the only way I could to get rid of them was sleeping but I know you can't do that.

I had a counseling session this morning and talked about my eating and she gave me some good points so hopefully I can implement them .

Qotd I was freezing as soon I got out of surgery but this year I haven't been so cold as before maybe we really haven't had bad winter. I do sleep with a electric mattress pad during the winter but I haven't worn my fleece hardly at all.

Accountability didn't eat the apple at lunch since I wasn't very hungry. Snack time at work, I had cottage cheese. Then before my dinner I ate four ice cream sandwiches because I was hungry but I could of picked a cheese stick instead of what I did. Well it's a new day.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

S depends what they have at work

D meatloaf and mixed vegetables

Have a wonderful day

AnnyBananny
on 1/9/19 9:22 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Look what the cat dragged in....it's me!

Hi Daisy and all you lovely menu posters. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just say I reconnected with Em this morning and it made me want to come read the menu post and see what's up - so here I am!

Daze, I'm so sorry to read about your crazy migraines. I can't even imagine having to function like that - I hope you can find some relief soon.

QOTD: I definitely am more cold now than before, especially my fingers and toes. In my beautiful new office I sit in the corner with two HUGE windows on each side and it's been making me FREEZING this winter. I'm sitting here with a blanket scarf on and sometimes I use an actual blanket too.

4 years, 10 months post op and trying to get back on track

B: 1/2 cup oatmeal + 1T walnuts

S: Siggi's vanilla yogurt

L: Egg salad, whole grain crackers, string cheese

S: apple

D: I DON'T KNOW YET BECAUSE MY HUSBAND ARE THE LEFTOVERS - HEEEEEEELP

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 1/9/19 12:07 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Anny!! So glad to see you here. We have missed you (I just mentioned the old "crew" to Cynthia in a message yesterday!). Please pop on more!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 1/9/19 1:36 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome back! You just popped in to my head the other day, for some reason - great to see you on here again!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 1/9/19 2:24 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Good afternoon! Not even sure anyone will read my post at this hour, but I'm finding more and more lately that I'm not able to get on until later in the day. Since I've switched my gym routine to mornings, I'm a bit hectic for the start of my day. I've been coming to read at the end of the day though!

qotd: I do find that I appreciate layers and sweaters a lot more than I did before! I very rarely wore even long sleeves before but now I find that if I catch a chill (or the AC blows on me) I'm way more sensitive to the cold. So yes. Definitely feel the cold more!

my eats today:

breakfast: Greek L&F, then coffee

lunch: a small piece of Salisbury steak, and a small piece of grilled marinated chicken breast. I wanted to try both (they were both delicious). Probably 2-3 oz of each total, but I don't have a food scale at work. I've considered bringing one, once I'm established at my own desk.

dinner: I have an Italian sausage stuffed pork chop I'll share with DH, maybe some green beans or small spinach salad.

I hit 120 oz for water today!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/9/19 3:42 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Time is a construct, post whenever works for you, we will see it!

120 fluid is great, I get to 100 consistently now but not much past that.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Au_Contraire
on 1/9/19 4:32 pm

Hello my RnY kindred! Happy Wednesday!

I hope that you feel better, Daisy. I used to get migraines, but I was totally debilitated by them and could not function at all. I'd have to go to bed in a dark room, throw up, sleep, wait it out. No way could I have eaten, posted, worked, etc. - I was out for the duration. Thank goodness I no longer get them! My DIL is participating in a medical study/program for intense migraine sufferers. It has reduced her formerly hideously frequent and lengthy migraines by something like 80 or 90%. I don't have all the skinny on what's involved, but I do know that much of it is dietary - she cannot have any sugar, no honey, no agave syrup, etc. She cannot eat any of the nightshade veggies - so no peppers of any kind, no tomatoes, no eggplant, no potatoes. She has to drink a certain amount of feverfew tea every day, and there may be another herbal tea required as well, along with daily exercise, but the results are pretty stunning.

Today's weigh-in has me down 1/2 pound, to 128.2. I got in close to 100 grams of protein yesterday and should do so today, as well. Calories were increased a bit to just under 900.

QOTD: Unlike the majority of WLS folks, I never really got exceptionally cold. I'm still not cold most of the time. Once in a while I get chilly, but if so it's because the heat is off (it's January, after all), or because I ran out to run errands without a jacket, etc. My hands can get a little cold, but even that is infrequent, and not too extreme. I have hypothyroidism too, which for most people exacerbates their feeling cold. Go figure! I feel lucky that I am almost always pretty comfy, temperature-wise. I was frequently hot when I was SMO. This was always especially noticeable at the nape of my neck. Strange, huh?

First: several mugs of tea

B: salmon, Greek yogurt, a little cheese

L: tuna

D: more salmon and Greek yogurt.

Have a lovely evening, my friends!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views