What/s on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/16/19 1:42 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Carb Killers, how are you all? I am good! Hump day, three sleeps until the weekend, yay!

For Photo Friday let's have a theme of pictures that show you doing an outdoor activity. Can we pre op or post op.

Accountability: I was so busy yesterday at work I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I had some of my almonds & cranberries at 3pm on my way home from work and ended up having a steak for dinner and went to bed early.

QOTD: Tell us something random about yourself. Can you whistle really well? Do you one foot bigger than the other? Can you tell the time by not looking at a clock? Me - I have a green thumb. I can make anything grow. My Boss went to Thailand two years ago for a month and forgot about two orchid plants she had left on the heat vent and when she got home they were dead. She knows I have a green thumb so she gave them to me and I brought them back to life and they are flourishing in my house. And everyone says Orchids are so hard to grown/maintain because they are finicky. I love seeing these grow and flourish!

Time since surgery: 5 yrs + 2 mos

B: 3 eggs scrambled with 1 tbsp of salsa on top

L: can of solid white tuna with balsamic dressing on top and flax seeds sprinkled over

S: 1 cup of almonds & dried cranberries

D: baked chicken breast and steamed green beans

S: smart pop 100 calorie popcorn bag and 1/2 cup of raspberries

Totals: 924 calories, 90 protein, 51 carbs

V: patches are on + oral B12

E: 5km walk on my lunch & 5km hike with the dogs in the evening

L: 120 oz of liquids minimum

Have an awesome mid week day peeps!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/16/19 3:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Early Wednesday -- quick post from me before I head to the airport; 2019 travel season has begun!

Accountability - 100% -- I even stared down the can of nuts and I won! (and by stared them down, I mean I picked them up and moved them where I couldn't see them and managed to not open them up and have any in the process).

QOTD - Daisy, I am the opposite of you -- I am the plant killer...they all seem to die when they get to me, it makes me so sad. Every year I tell myself to just stick to the fake ones, and every year I try again!

Time since surgery 11 months

Meals are a bit up in the air today with travel.

Coffee with PP to start

B - 4oz ever roast chicken, .6 oz provolone

L - Ostrim or Think Thin bar

D - TBD - probably L&F or deli meat

ES - L&F

Have a fantastic Wednesday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 1/16/19 6:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL ...staring down the can of nuts!

I do that with chocolate. I stare them down fiercely!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Haley_Martinez
on 1/16/19 6:38 am
RNY on 05/03/18

Those nuts never had a chance!

Forgive me, but where do you work again that you travel? My mom works for the Department of Defense doing quality assurance on production of military parts and she goes all over. Travel really interests me :)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/16/19 11:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I work for a technology company and I have teams in Florida, Arizona, Canada, Mexico, Texas and Colorado, plus customers all over the place.

Our headquarters is in Florida and I'm based in our Arizona office (for two more weeks, then I'll be based in our Colorado office) so between monthly travel to HQ, quarterly visits to all sites where I have employees and the occasional customer/vendor, I'm on the road at least two weeks of the monh - sometimes a full two weeks, sometimes just part of the weeks but with the time change, usually includes sunday of travel at least twice a month though. For the most part, I just look at it as a long commute, lol and I really do enjoy it.

My favorite thing to do when I'm not working is to travel so that adds to my time on the road too! With my move back to Colorado some of that will taper off since a lot of my social life travel was to Colorado, now I'll just get to drive to it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/16/19 7:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Way to tell those nuts!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

bethmal
on 1/16/19 3:50 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Happy Wednesday!

Accountability: I didn't feel good so I didn't eat. I did drink a lot of water, hot tea, a few protein shakes and protein water.

QOTD: It's not random but I am a gardener in the spring/summer. I am busy now planning my rows and what I want to plant. I can, freeze and give a lot of produce away. It won't be long until I start my seedlings.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday and a friend of mine told me about elderberry. I had my husband pick some up on his way home from work yesterday and I took it right away. Now, I am feeling better not 100% but that awful sore throat is gone and I am actually eating my breakfast instead of drinking it. I'll call it a win!

1 year and almost 1 month and 160 pounds

B: fried egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon

MS: PP chocolate shake (if needed - I plan it everyday but I don't always have it)

L: the last of the Mexican vegetable soup with fajita chicken

AS: 1/2 Honeycrisp apple with 1 Colby jack cheese stick

D: DH wanted sloppy joes so that's what we are having - me, minus the roll.

ES: blackberries

100+ fluids and all vitamins

Have a great day!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Haley_Martinez
on 1/16/19 6:39 am
RNY on 05/03/18

I've never heard of elderberry, but hearing your success I'll certainly keep it in mind next tone I have a sore throat!

Emiepie
on 1/16/19 6:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Feel better soon!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

supershopper
on 1/16/19 4:54 am

hi all

accountability was ok yesterday. I did have a protein bar on the drive home. It fit into calories and I also had a buddig meat packet last night. I met a personal trainer at the gym last night... she was nice and showed me a few pointers on weight lifting that I had questions on. Then at the end of the 20-30 min, I wanted to go home and not workout. The gym got really crowded so I didnt like it. Then DH asked for sweet tea at chickfila so I went and got him that and drove home to feed and walk dogs. Going to gym after work today and will make up for yesterday's slackerness.

QOTD: hmm you guys know about the past life opera singing already. I have a secret or not so secret shopping /personal shopping talent. I like to find the bargains on everything and use coupons all the time. i have enough shampoo and conditioner to where I don't have to buy for probably 3-4 years.

food for today:

coffee

water

coffee

prot pancakes

last of the pork/squash stew

turkey

not sure on dinner

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 427 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 428 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?