What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/21/19 2:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi all, we meet again Monday! I think its a holiday for some of you in the US, not here in Canada, so if you are off today, hope you enjoy the day off and get lots of rest and R&R.

So this weekend was bitter COLD here. It was nasty. We got some snow, not a lot, maybe 2-3 inches. But on Sunday there was a windchill of -29 C (-20 F) and it was insane how windy and cold it was. We literally stayed in all day and did things like laundry, food prep for the week and cleaned out kitchen cupboards.

Accountability: excellent. Since you all know I have nasty migraines, and in an attempt to figure out what is causing them I have totally taken out a lot of food groups from my diet. So no dairy (bye bye cheese, yogurt and PP), no berries, no deli meat & bacon (nitrates), no yeast, no soy, no pork, no citrus. I must say its really really really HARD but it if means no migraines then this is the new way of eating!!!!

QOTD: What are you currently listening to in music that you love? For my workouts I am all about the fast paced music, think EDM (Electronic dance music) but recently I downloaded on Spotify a "Calm" playlist which I listen to before bed for about 30 minutes, do deep breathing to and its so nice and relaxing.

Time since surgery: 5 yrs + 2 mos

B: 2 decaf coffee with almond milk and 2 egg omelette with 1 tsp of flax seeds

L: 5oz of grilled chicken with grilled red pepper

S: 1/2 cup almonds

D: 5oz of grilled chicken breast over mixed salad greens

S: 100 smart pop popcorn

TOTALS: 804 calories, 86 protein, 40 carbs

V: PatchMD patches are on (Iron, Multi, Vit D & Calcium) + oral B12

E: 5km hike with the dogs in the snow

L: minimum of 150oz of liquids (decaf coffee & water, water, water!)

Have an awesome day peeps!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

peachpie
on 1/21/19 4:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning Daisy!! Yup, I'm off today. No plans either. Hubby and the kids will do some service day activity at the church. The kids have a orthodontist appointment later. I'll likelly couch coast or laze in bed.

Qotd: Only time I listen to music is when I run. I listen to pandora and usually the same stations. It's always rap, because I like the story telling of it. Eminem, JayZ, some old school stuff and female rappers.

No weight yet- not up

m1: egg, ham/bologna, cheese stick

m2: yogurt/berries

m3: pork chop

m4: steak/corn

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Theduffman27
on 1/21/19 4:44 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Daisy and menu folks, what a storm we had over the weekend, was bitterly cold and we have wind chill advisory today. We received 18+ inches of snow and was bitterly cold as well. I spent 3 hours clearing the drive yesterday and snow blowing a path in the backyard for Bethany. With the wind today I am expecting to have to snow blow again this evening.

QOTD - I have 500+ songs downloaded on my phone and probably listen to 25 of them regularly. My workout music - Foo Fighters, Metallica, Dropkick Murphys, Tragically Hip are on my regular workout playlist.

B - Scrambled eggs and sausage

L - Salami and cheese

S - Cukes and Ranch

D - Leftover ricotta bake

E - Gym night

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 190, CW- 194.4 - 4.4 lbs to goal

Greateight
on 1/21/19 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. I'm jealous because the boys are off of school today and I have to go out into the freezing cold. We got about 6-8 inches of snow and now its following with an arctic air blast. Probably the same as Daisy.

I found out that I am going to be in NYC for work the first week of February. I booked my flight out for Sunday morning so that I can watch the Super Bowl on Sunday afternoon.

QOTD: Sirius XM Grateful Dead and Jimmy Buffet stations.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Work lunch but should be healthy

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: Chili

Have a great day all and stay warm.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 1/21/19 6:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love NYC; will you get to do anything fun while you are there?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 1/21/19 5:34 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Jen.

I am going to to try and go to the natural History Museum, I have wanted to see it ever since those silly (but fun) Night at the Museum movies. Also, I've never been Madison Square Garden so I got a ticket to the Rangers game one night. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/19 2:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that sounds like fun! I could spend days at that museum (I could spend days at any museum)!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

AnnyBananny
on 1/21/19 5:19 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning Menu Friends! Bitter cold here in the Philly-suburbs and I'm at work. The library is open many holidays like this - people off work and kids off school = busy day here (although the cold might keep people home). I should know better, but I got caught up in the weather people's dire predictions yesterday and didn't open the library and it ended up being fine. Cold, yes, but not all the ice and treachery they were telling us about. Oh well...

Had a good weekend. Many opportunities to over eat, but I most kept it together and managed to be down .3 of a pound this morning, so I'll take it!

QOTD: I haven't been listening to much music lately, to tell the truth. Podcasts are my jam at the moment.

4 years, 11 months post-RNY

B: coffee with half and half, egg cups

S: cottage cheese

L: egg salad on a Fiber One wrap, string cheese

S: small apple, 1/4 cup of Srircha Maple pumpkin seeds

D: zucchini noodles with meaty sauce

S: PB pretzel treat

E: Aqua Zumba

Daisy, years ago when my autoimmune disorder was flaring up I worked with a nutritionist to try various dietary restrictions to see if I could find any relief through that. Thankfully, none of it helped - so I got back to my gluten and dairy loving ways. It was so difficult though, I'm really hoping you're able to figure out if any of those changes will make a difference for you!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

catwoman7
on 1/21/19 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

It's freezing here as well. We got 3.6" of snow over the weekend, which isn't too bad compared to what some of you got, but this Arctic blast has got to go! More snow predicted for tomorrow - UGH. Well, we were lucky so far this winter - this is really the first bad winter weather we've had this year, so I can't really complain.

All I have on my agenda today is a phone conference at 2:30 for a committee I'm on. I really need to brave the cold and get over to the gym sometime today, though. I'm feeling like a slug, and if we get a big snow tomorrow, it may be hard to get over there again for a couple of days - so today is the day...

Accountability - still great - weight is inching down - and I do mean inching. Weird how long it takes now to lose a couple of pounds. I need to remember this next year when I'm tempted by holiday eating again! But then, it took a month to put those couple of pounds on - so it figures it'll take a month to take 'em off!

3 years 7 months:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, 1/2 C oatmeal, some slices of kiwi, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1 C homemade cottage cheese

AS: usual choices (2 T hummus with baby carrots, light yogurt, or protein pumpkin pie)

D: 1 C turkey chili

ES: some choice list as AS

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 1/21/19 6:16 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Im off for MLKjr Day as well. We got more snow yesterday and it's bitter cold. Tomorrow we're expected to get freezing rain and more snow, so I'm hoping they call off the local school again so I can work from home again. The bad part is that we have concert tickets to see Disturbed tomorrow night in Lincoln so I'm really hoping the roads are ok by then. They're a bucket list band for me!

qotd: I mostly listen to rock/metal, it I have some upbeat pop songs sprinkled in lol. So while on the elliptical I might cycle through Metallica, Disturbed...and then maybe Michael Jackson and Katy Perry

breakfast: protein shake before the gym (I've been coming in low on numbers so I might add one back in for a while), coffee after the gym

lunch: leftover ham/bean soup (THIS TURNED OUT SO DELICIOUS! DH isn't fond of ham and bean, so besides today's leftovers, the rest is frozen in single serving containers)

dinner: bacon wrapped turkey medallions, probably with green beans

i bought some yummy teas from The Tea Smith, so hot tea all evening probably :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 450 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404