What's on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/22/19 2:10 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Carb Killers and Protein Power Puff Peeps! How are you all?

I had a good day yesterday, two unexpected things happened and they both made my day. I needed that pick me up since I have been feeling so down.

Accountability: spot on, but confession time. You all know I am a sugar-a-holic. My Boss keeps this huge and I mean huge bowl of various chocolates in her office that is a free for all that any one is welcome to help themselves too it. I took a Laura Secord chocolate bar from her bowl, I put it in my purse and forgot about it. When I got home from work my "normie" very slim husband who struggles to keep weight on (hate him LOL LOL) was asking me if we had any chocolate in the house and I said "hey I happen to have a chocolate bar from my Bosses sta****s all yours." Worked out, I didn't eat it and he got his treat.

QOTD: That leads me to my QOTD for you all. Does anyone here "hoard" or "hide" or "sneak" food still post surgery? So as I mentioned above I love sugar. And in the last year I have started this very obsessive behaviour where I will go to the dollar store and buy 10 chocolate bars, I have no intention of eating them and when I get home I hide them away in a cupboard. My husband always ends up eating them all which is a win win for both of us. But the obese lady that lives inside of me still feels I NEED to have those chocolate bars in the house, like some kind of chocolate bar security blanket. Its not a behaviour I am proud of and I am working on this in therapy.

Time since surgery: 5 yrs + 2 mos

B: Starbucks Grande Vanilla latte made with Almond milk & Triple Zero yogurt (I know I said I was not eating dairy but I had bought four of these brand new and I need to eat them as I can't throw then out!)

L: 5oz of grilled chicken breast of mixed greens with balsamic dressing and 1 tbsp of flax seeds

S: 1/2 cup of raw almonds

D: 1 grilled hot turkey sausage with spaghetti sauce

S: 14 mini carrots

TOTALS: 888 calories, 80 protein, 57 carbs

V: PatchMD Patches are on (Iron, Multi, Vit D & Calcium) + Oral B12

E: 5km hike with the dogs in the snow and I might try and go back to Step class tonight, have not been in months due to my stupid migraine pain

L: minimum of 150oz of green tea, decaf coffee and water

Hope you all have a lovely day filled with compassion, caring and kindness

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

supershopper
on 1/22/19 2:39 am

hi all

thanks for the super early post. I've been feeling yucky and last night had another massive headache and fell barfy. so I couldn't sleep so I just got up and started working instead. its very quiet and nice and no im not driving in today. kept dreaming about the job situation so that also wasn't fun...

the wind is very bad here and the house make sooooo much noise since it is metal with metal roof so the big garage door keeps banging. I'm going to work as long as possible then probably crash here in a bit I think.

Made some great food over weekend so have been eating that- turkey meatloaf with veggies took one of those cauli/swet pot bowls they sell at the grocery store) added that without sauce to the turkey added spices and baked it. yumm- also browned 1.5 pounds taco meat for the week also.

tonight is chicken wings in oven.

QOTD: I do buy chocolate bars for DH. every once in a while I have a square or two- I don't eat candy bars though. Sometimes I eat when my DH isn't looking- its usually stuff like nuts that I tend to eat too many of...

food for today:

water

coffee

water

prot pancakes

coffee

last of turkey meatloaf

chicken wings for dinner

not sure what else.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/19 2:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope you feel better soon!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

bethmal
on 1/22/19 3:44 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Turkey meatloaf sounds great! That is going on my food prep menu next weekend. This weekend I prepped chicken fajitas, a ground beef mixture with tomatoes and zucchini, chili and tuna. I love being able to grab and go or not thinking about what to have for lunch/dinner when I have choices in the fridge.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Dcgirl
on 1/22/19 8:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I used to make little mini turkey meatloafs using a muffin pan. One might have a can of green chilies and some shredded mexican cheese and diced onion added in, another might have kalamata olives and feta and red onion, another might have some marinara and mozzarella. Then you can freeze them. I buy the economical 3 lb package of ground turkey and just go to town!

bethmal
on 1/22/19 5:37 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

I bought a pound of fresh from the Amish market a few weeks ago and put it in the freezer. This weekend though, I am making turkey meatloaf!

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 1/22/19 6:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you feel better today and some of the work stress settles (that is usually what causes me to dream about work).

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cc583
on 1/22/19 4:12 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Feel better soon!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/19 2:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Very early morning here and I"ve already showered and had breakfast! I have an early morning flight to Denver to do the walk through on my house and then I fly back tonight. Long day and fingers crossed the weather cooperates. It's going to be cold so I amin my warm boots and fleece thermal leggings!

QOTD - Yes, I still have some food hoarding issues. I had been keeping at least a two week supply of L&F at all times and I have several SF chocolate bars in the butter compartment in the fridge. I have always had chocolate in the fridge --in fact, I think there are some chocolate plums from Poland and a box of chocolate from Georgetown that predate my surgery last year! Apparently, I don't need to eat them, just to have them.

Accountability -yesterday was perfect, although I had to go to bed early because "I want something else" -- even though I wasn't hungry, was hydrated and all that jazz. Sometimes the only way to shut up head hunger is a nap.

Menu

Will get coffee w/half and half at the airport and will have lots of water.

B - tillamook cheese square, volpi rotini, 1.1 oz cashews

L - TBD

D - topping from 2 slices of pizza OR 4 oz ever roast chicken and 1 oz cheese

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

bethmal
on 1/22/19 3:44 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Safe travels to you!

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?