What's on your Thursday menu,RNYers?

karenp8
on 1/31/19 4:10 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning,menu friends! It's a balmy -3 here in the cornfields near Springfield, Illinois this am so Lily and I have yet to venture out. It's supposed to be near 20 after work though so we will bundle up and walk some this evening before supper as we both really need a walk. Accountability was good even though supper changed as we drove home to make sure we didn't have frozen pipes there. Weight today 125. Heres the food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and almond butter L 3/4 c chilli D 4 oz griled shrimp . I'll get at least 120 ounces of fluids too.Have a great day full of smart choices everyone! Time for some coffee

bethmal
on 1/31/19 4:36 am, edited 1/30/19 8:37 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Karen and Menu Peeps,

It is currently a balmy 6 degrees here in northern Maryland. School is delayed for two-hours so I am taking my time this morning. We are having an informational night at my school about social media use for 4th and 5th-grade students. I was hoping it would be canceled because of the low temps. We will see.

Accountability: my eating was all over the place yesterday. Just goes to show that failing to plan is planning to fail. Which brings me back to the question I have been asking myself, "What's holding you back?"

QOTD: How did you determine your goal weight? Was it your doctor? You? A combination of both? My doctor doesn't ever mention a goal weight. She wants us to be healthy and feel good. So, I looked up a healthy BMI last night and determined my goal weight is 145 because that would put me at a normal BMI and I have never had a normal BMI in my life. Well, maybe when I was born.

TSS: 1 year and 1-month weight 159

B: PP chocolate with morning vitamins

S: hardboiled egg

L: Amy Lou chicken burger

S: apple and cheese

D: chicken apple sausage with onions and peppers

Exercise: planks for plank challenge

120+ water or hot decaf tea

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 1/31/19 6:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

QOTD: My surgeon and I discussed it briefly but he didn't want to focus on a certain number. I chose 150 I think based on BMI but now realize that I feel my best around 135-138 or somewhere in there. I did lose down to 126 and we felt that was too low for me and he had me increase my calories by adding good fats.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

yvonnef1964
on 1/31/19 8:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I've been asking myself that to " what's holding me back?" When I hit my lowest at 161, I started to really binge eat but I'm going to therapy and medication to help it but now I'm up to 194. I used to be good when I got over 175 and reigned it in but I got sloppy about that. The lowest weight I ever was 175. That was lower than I was in school. I don't know if my goal weight scared me because I never been that thin. I just know sizing is different now than in the late 80's. Back then I wore a 18 now I wear a 12. First I thought it had something to do with my childhood of the sexual abuse I endured for 9 years. I've wrote a letter to that person but I haven't gotten a response back but I thought he might be thinking about it. When I texted him about our dad, he doesn't respond back to me now. Maybe he has written me off because he don't want to face what he did to me and other stuff I thought he did. I left it at the end that I wasn't judging him but God would some day, all the hate I had as an adult and forgave him.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 4:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I find sizing in non plus sizes to be very inconsistent. A 24 was a 24 was a 24 before but now I find I can wear from a 9 to a 14...and don't get me started on these skinny jeans that are 27 or 31 or whatever....I worked hard to get out of the 2? Why would I buy them now, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 3:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is how I set mine too...and I was born 3 months premature so I wasn't even a normal BMI at birth, lol!

Jen

Theduffman27
on 1/31/19 4:36 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Karen and menu crew. Uneventful evening and morning and I did sleep much better, I think i am getting used to the dog being in our bed. This weekend Ryley and other scholars are being recognized during the College Hockey game, he does not know many details, we will go to support him.

QOTD - How long did you contemplate WLS before you followed through with it? 5 years or so prior to my actual surgery I was working through the process and got through all of the medical testing and then decided I was not ready. I think it was wise that I waited as I not prepared.

Accountability was good, I did add one serving of skinny popcorn last night.

B - Eggs, bacon and cheese

L - Salami and Cheese

S - Cukes and Ranch

D - Grilled ribeye and baked asparagus

E - 10,000+ steps

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

bethmal
on 1/31/19 6:33 am
RNY on 12/26/17

I think we must have posted around the same time this morning with the QOTD. Sorry!

QOTD: I didn't have a choice. I had lapband for over ten years and it was failing me miserably. I was having constant reflux and the only way I could eat was to eat around the band. I gained about 50 pounds back and was on prescription medication for the reflux. My husband actually developed a bleeding ulcer from his lapband. Off to the doctor we went and we were scheduled for removal and revision 3 months later. Best decision we ever made and seriously I am so thankful for my doctors wisdom. She had warned me a year before that the reflux could lead to Barrett's esophagus but I just didn't want to hear it. So thankful for her.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 1/31/19 6:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats to Ryley-that's awesome!

QOTD: For me, about 2 years.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QOTD - I had never considered it, even though I knew people that had the band and VSG and had seen the results. I was type 2 and every time I mess with my gp, I was in tears because I couldn't get my a1c under control and they kept adding meds. At my physical in May 2017 she said "you're young and healthy, have you considered weight loss surgery". I went to the next information session, decided on the drive home that I was doing it and that I was having RNY given it has the highest success rate on putting type 2 into remissions and called for my appt for the full day, every doctor under the sun screening the next morning and that was in August 2017 and surgery was feb 2018.

Even though they told me not everyone with RNY gets the type 2 remission, and that of those who get it, not everyone gets it right away, I was so hyper focused on that aspect, when I had to leave the hospital still on the two meds I was DEVASTATED!! I thought I had prepped myself for all outcomes but that wasn't true and there were tears and panic plus the post op anesthesia mental stuff. I had surgery wed, went home Thursday and was off the meds by Tuesday but that was an emotional few days, lol.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 289 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?