What's on your Thursday menu,RNYers?

yvonnef1964
on 1/31/19 8:55 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have to be at work in half an hour. I don't have no heat today. Last night the governor asked us to lower our heat to 65 or less due to a fire at one of major gas distribution place. When I got up it was freezing in here and it was down to 64 so I turned it back up and it didn't turn on and waited. Finally called the maintenance guy but he couldn't get it fixed so I have to wait till the heating guy comes tonight. The temp is -3 but feels like -20 out there.

I had graham crackers at work yesterday and I tried to have fruit snacks but couldn't get the package open so I said forget it and went to bed.

Qotd 1 the dietician and I discussed at my first appointment with her, when we were setting up my fitness pal, I said 150 and she told me that was too low. I said 175 because that was the lowest weight I ever been as an adult. When I reach that, I set it for 150 but never got there.

Qotd I tried in my late 20's but the doctor had some condition that I understand now but didn't at the time. Checked with another doctor, he said he could do it but at the end, my insurance wouldn't covered it. In 2012 I went to my center but I thought I couldn't afford all the copay. In 2014, I said screw it and went for it and now my insurance would cover the sleeve and felt more ready.

meals are the same as yesterday

Have a good day

Emiepie
on 1/31/19 10:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yikes! I hope you get your heat back on soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/31/19 11:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is the afternoon here now and it is 70, the warmest we have been in over a week. It is supposed to be high 70's to low 80's after today for a least the next 10 days. Yeah! I hope the cold in the Midwest abates soon - it has been unbelievable.

QOTD: My surgeon's office set my goal weight at the top of the normal weight range for my height (140). I set my own goal to 125 which was the lowest and best adult weight I remembered.

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Taco green peppers

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 1/31/19 5:09 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody. I'm back from Texas. It was nice to escape yesterday's cold, but it was still -7 when I got to my car at the airport today. By the time I drove home it had warmed up to -4. Needless to say, we are in for the night.

QOTD1: This is a timely question. My Baritrician is adamantly opposed to number goals. She wants to focus on managing chronic conditions, which of course is right from a medical perspective. But I have to wake up and figure out what to eat each day so I would like to have more direction. The number in my ticker is just five pounds lower than my lowest adult weight. I have my six month appointment at the end of February and I want to have a final goal picked out at that appointment. If all else fails I will just copy Mike.

QOTD2: My endocrinologist is a great doctor and pays attention to all of my health issues, I had asked her at one point about 5-6 years ago if I should consider surgery. At that time I was well managed through exercise and she said that I didn't need to do it and that the Lap Bands were starting to cause problems. I started having joint problems and my exercise had to be curtailed, my weight started climbing and my issues were no longer controlled. about 18 months ago she said that I needed to start thinking about a longer term solution to my medical issues. I signed up for the information session within a week and a short 12 months and 35 doctor's appointments later I was on the operating table.

Breakfast: Bacon & Gruyere egg bites

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken and salad

Snack: Light and fit

Dinner: Pulled pork, cottage cheese

off day for exercise to rest my knees and its below zero.

Have a great night, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 13 replies · 59 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?