Soon to be transitioning to "stage two meals"

Phillip A.
on 1/31/19 4:01 pm

Sorry for this gigantic photo... never used a website like this before LOL. Below is a rough outline of what I can have to eat this Saturday because I'll be 5 days post op! If anyone has some yummy cream soup recipes please reply and share them with me!! I am excited to see what creative things you guys post here!!

bethmal
on 2/1/19 4:01 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Hi Phillip

I don't have a great recipe to share, in fact, the thought of cream soup makes my belly hurt. I just wanted to welcome you to the board. I have found menu thread to be most helpful. There is a wealth of information shared there with the many members that have gone through the process before me. Good luck on your journey, it is a wild ride!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 4:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome! I don't make any from scratch soups, I did bust out some old school Campbell's cream of chicken though, lol. I've seen a lot of people mention the chicken soup flavored protein powder too!

if you don't know about it, the blog "the world according to eggface" has great suggestions for each phase progression!

welcome to the group!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 2/1/19 7:10 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I have to agree with PartlyPollyana - Eggface's website is super helpful:

Liquid phase: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/05/liqui d-phase-for-post-weight-loss.html

Pureed/Soft foods phase: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

Soooo...all plans and surgeons vary. That is a fact. I have seen people who have solids on day 2 in the hospital, I have seen people who have to wait a month to have solid foods. Most people would say to follow your surgeon's plan, since taking medical advice from strangers on the internet isn't advisable. YET, yet, I will tell you what worked for ME, and you can decide what you think ;)

I personally advise that the plans that advocate mashed potatoes, oatmeal, cream of wheat, and other carbs are not advisable. Your body needs two things in these next months - hydration, and protein. When I moved to soft foods phase, my diet consisted of:

Dannon Light and Fit greek yogurt (great amount of protein)

Low fat ricotta cheese with Italian seasoning when I was so sick of sweet things

Protein shakes

Small curd cottage cheese (great protein again)

Soft scrambled egg

Unjury chicken soup flavored protein powder mixed in with warm (not hot or it will clump!) water

You can absolutely follow your doctor's plan but please sip sip sip water or decaf tea or crystal light (whatever your calorie free drink of choice is!) and aim for at least 60 oz a day with the plan to increase that over time. You will eventually get to 60+ oz of protein a day but not likely this early out. Remember that your nerves have been cut and you may not feel full yet, so I recommend a kitchen scale. I remember a week out I could eat a yogurt and I was like "DID I EVEN HAVE SURGERY? HOW CAN I FIT 5 oz OF FOOD IN?". Well once you eat dense protein like chicken or steak, you will easily be able to tell that you had surgery! In the meantime, weigh your food, and take it easy on the new pouch.

This is a great journey and welcome!

Phillip A.
on 2/1/19 9:02 am

Thank you everyone for your comments!! I really appreciate it!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics