What is on your menu today (Photo Friday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/2/19 6:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

awwww! Misty is adorable!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/1/19 10:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Friday! I'm glad you feel better today. I don't know how you handle those repeated migraines.

We have a "Canada Night" dance tonight - I need to figure out a red and white outfit (I don't wear red very often). And Sunday is the Super Bowl! We are getting together with other New Englanders to cheer on the Patriots.

QOTD: I do log and try to be completely honest though sometimes I'm guessing on quantities and ingredients when I eat out. And I have recently had a few days when I stopped logging after going out. Not good...

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Taco green peppers or leftovers

S: sweetened cottage cheese

This is a picture of one of the Elvis impersonators at a show we were at last Friday. He was terrific!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mschwab
on 2/1/19 11:49 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone. Hope all of you in the deep freeze are holding up okay. It is still mild here in Portland, but that is supposed to change early next week. The weather forecasters are even using the S word, but I will believe it when I see it.

I discovered yesterday that squirrels chewed a hole through my house and into my attic. I have pest control coming out on Wednesday to fix the hole, and check out the situation in the attic. Fuzzy little jerks.

QOTD: I am super honest about logging everything into MFP. If I didn't I would just be lying to myself, which never has a good outcome.

4 years, 2 months post op:

B: Xtreme Health tortilla, 2 oz Ever Roast chicken, lettuce and canola mayo

S: Greenridge Beef snack

L: Chicken stew that I made yesterday

S: Light & Fit Greek Yogurt- Creme Brulee

D: 5 oz boneless, skinless chicken thigh

S: more chicken stew

Totals: calories 725, carbs 44, protein 107

Have a great day!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

KTM
on 2/1/19 12:06 pm

Hello from NNY - I think our snowpocalypse is over - 4.5 feet later! The sun is shining, here's some pictures from this morning

B: scrambled egg w/ sour cream & salsa, 1/2 piece of sausage - coffee w/ SF creamer

S: hard boiled egg

L: leftovers from dinner (lemon chicken & brown rice)

D: the plan is to do a Southwestern veggie burger patty w/ guacamole & salsa if I can eat it

S: diced pears fruit cup, unsweetened

Au_Contraire
on 2/1/19 12:17 pm

Such beautiful snowy photos! Those icicles are incredible! Stay safe and warm.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 3:44 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Those icicles!!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/1/19 11:16 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Gorgeous! And that red car against the white snow...wow!

You wanna switch places just for a bit? You can come to sunny (well it's raining now) and warm CA.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

KTM
on 2/3/19 8:33 am

Thanks! It took me forever to clean it off! These pics were from my sisters house. She lives just a few blocks from my work, whereas I live about 25 minutes away in a nearby town. So, I stay at her house when we get a major snow event. It was a total whiteout driving to her house in this storm. We got over 2 feet last Friday so I stayed at her house then & now this week we get this! We kind of love it though. This was my car pre-cleaning

Au_Contraire
on 2/1/19 12:14 pm, edited 2/1/19 5:05 am

Hello my WLS kindred! Happy Friday to all!

I love that lucky pink pig cake, Daisy! I hope your migraines enter a new and much milder, much less frequent stage - if they have to exist at all.

I haven't been posting for a little while, as I have been upset and didn't want to always post about my troubles. I'm ok - hopefully a little house I have my eye on here on the island will pan out for me as my next rental - looks good thus far, so fingers crossed. I can't live in an apartment, most of which have inadequate or nonexistent sound-proofing, because Mia's blood-curdling yells would have the neighbors complaining in no time. Plus, I am trying to keep from spending more than is really wise. Hopefully this weekend will resolve my housing dilemma! I did arrange to stay where I am until 2/16, though, which helps. I'm packing everything and have arranged for movers and tentatively for a storage unit if I end up having to stay in an air bnb. I'm sorry I have to move for Mia's sake - as a blind and deaf little cat, she will have to learn an entirely new layout, which will be very challenging, and the move itself (and the movers) will seriously stress both of my elderly little cats out. But better days are coming for us all!

QOTD: I weigh myself every single day first thing, no matter what, except for very rarely when I forget and drink tea before I clear the dream cobwebs. I am determined to keep this up for the rest of my life, as it really keeps me in reality as far as my weight is concerned. I weigh my food and record it every day, though I need to start portioning out the cashew milk I put in my tea and coffee - I estimate now, giving myself 2 daily cups worth on MFP, and of course if I use Half and Half, it's more caloric, but requires much less of a pour to make things creamy. Speaking of coffee, I picked up a KitchenAid cold brewing gadget on sale, though it's still in the box. I'll start using it once I've moved. I love and rely on my little food scale! I don't take a scale with when I eat out, though, and then I just do my best to estimate. I'm so glad Sheila mentioned the recipe function on My Fitness Pal, and I will use that when I make more complex things from now on.

While I was gone, I was hovering a couple of pounds up for a week or so, then made a big pot of chili which I ate - with cheese - for 3 days. Brave me continued to step on the scale while during that brief period my weight soared upwards by a full ten pounds! I was overeating - not eating anything at all high carb, but eating much more calorically, in an attempt to calm myself over this move and the fact that I have yet to nail down my next place. So on Day 4, I threw out the remainder of the chili and stopped buying cheese, and pulled my calories back down under 700. Now it's 4 days later and I have lost all of that 10-pound gain - it just poured off, thank God! (I don't commonly use Miralax or anything else like that, but found that much of that gain would probably have been prevented if I had.) I was afraid those extra pounds would be much more stubborn than that, but I happily weighed in at 129.0 this morning once again. I'm going to keep this up for another couple of pounds, then try to maintain at 127.

First: both tea and coffee

B: salmon

L: Everroast chicken

D: scrambled eggs with chives, a little of that delicious espresso cheese.

S: if necessary, a little more salmon

The pic below - back down to 129.0, moving boxes everywhere, a very dusty mirror, and my favorite long-sleeved tee.

Sending my love to each and every one of you!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/1/19 3:48 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I love that color! Fingers crossed for your cute little house to work out!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 770 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 107 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?