What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/2/19 5:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

so yesterday I was busy all day running around campus with the researcher from Turkey getting everything done that he needed to get done. He should be good to go on Monday morning. He's currently on my couch. He had major jetlag and hadn't slept much in the last three days, so once he crashed around 7:00 last night I decided to just let him be. Haven't heard a peep since, so he may still be sleeping. Hopefully he'll be in a better frame of mind after a good sleep. He's pretty homesick - but that's normal. Once he gets busy with his research and meets some people, he should be OK. I'm going to plan on having to spend at least part of the weekend with him, though (and maybe the whole thing!).

so....not much in the way of other plans this weekend other than to keep this guy propped up! It's supposed to be much warmer (like 40-ish degrees) today and tomorrow, so we'll need to get out a lot before it gets cold again!!

3 years 7 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: not sure - we'll probably end up going out somewhere if our new friend is still with us

AS: light yogurt (or protein bar if we're out)

D: DH wants to go to this soup fundraiser thing, so if we go, then some kind of soup. And hopefully something more solid as well as soup probably won't hold me over for long, unless it's chili (not sure if there will be a chili option there)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 2/2/19 6:35 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all! Cold but not windy and bright sunshine here. It's supposed to get above freezing sometime this afternoon but it's still very icy out from the snow yesterday. I think that I'll just stay home for a while until the roads clear up. Also woke up this morning and realized that the texts that we've been getting since last evening from the water company are from right around the corner. They say that the water is safe to use (fortunately we can flush the toilet!) but I'm just not sure that I want to use it...ARGH!

Trish, really glad that you've been able to help this poor guy. I've never been alone in another country but several moves to places where I didn't know anyone and it can be terribly overwhelming. Also I LOVE the idea of a soup fundraiser. Is it a Wisconsin thing? Around here it's always bake sales and spaghetti dinners. In the winter soup sounds so good. I hope they have some yummy options. I have all of the ingredients to make chili and borscht but the grocery delivery didn't bring the beets yesterday! Guess it'll have to wait.

If I can figure out how to avoid using the water, I'd like to make some soda bread to go with the chili. May also try a recipe for lemon meringue tartlettes. I'm not a huge fan (so less temptation) but DW and a couple of friends have been begging for it. Haven't made meringue for a long time so we'll see how it works out. Of course Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood make it look easy!

Well, having computer problems now so I'd see if this posts.

Stay warm folks!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

catwoman7
on 2/2/19 3:51 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

spaghetti dinner fundraisers are actually big around here, too. And fish fries. And pancake breakfasts. I don't hear much about soup ones, but this was great - some of the restaurants in town made the soups. I had a butternut squash soup which was to die for! DH and our Turkish friend liked their choices, too (minestrone & chicken barley). They also had salad, bread, and desserts, as well as live music (it was a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity). I ate too much, but then I had yogurt & oats for dinner, so I'm within range. Whew! Anyway, it was a fun time (we ended up going at lunch time instead of dinner time)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/2/19 6:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday! I slept "in" until 530, which seems funny but given how early I have been waking lately, it was awesome!

I'll be spending most of the day unpacking but I want to sneak out midday to get my library card and I'm meeting friends tonight to see Aquaman. I don't feel bad stopping the unpacking once it gets dark because I don't have overhead lights in many of the rooms yet.

Menu today will be coffee w/ half and half and water (and if i find the kettle, or a pot) tea

B - 4 oz deli ever roast chicken

L - L&F greek

D - 4 oz deli ever roast chicken

ES - power crunch peanut butter fudge bar

631/76/23

Have a great weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 2/2/19 8:05 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I was having a wardrobe malfunction yesterday. I guess I need to buy smaller underwear ASAP. Fortunately, my belt and pants were functioning without problems, so it was only a comfort problem and not a decency issue. Today is mostly gym and getting packed for my trip to New York tomorrow. I will have to search out the underwear with the most tensile elastic.

I won't be able to post for a few days, but will try and stay on plan. Hopefully, I will have a minimum of big work dinners that I have to attend. Aside from eating restaurant food, which is much higher in calories, I find that the work dinners seem to drag on forever now. I am usually done eating relatively quicker and can't linger over drinks. One of the hardest parts is waiting for the 30 minutes after finishing eating to drink even water or iced tea while everybody else is sitting around drinking wine and chatting.

I tried an unassisted pull-ups the gym last night, and while I didn't get it, I am definitely moving several inches from the bottom towards the bar. I will keep plugging away at that. I do not think that I have ever, in my life been able to do a pull-up.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Brisket

Snack: Light and Fit

Dinner: not sure, possibly omlette

Have a great weekend all.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 2/2/19 9:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

even being able to start a pull up is awesome! I literally just hang there...and not for very long. Will you be set up in NY in time to watch the superbowl or will you miss some of it? Good luck with the work dinners, I feel your pain!

Jen

Greateight
on 2/2/19 2:53 pm, edited 2/2/19 6:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I am flying out early tomorrow. The plan is to drop off my bags, go to the Museum of Natural History, and watch the game out with people from work. That realistically probably means watch the first half with people from work and the second half back in my hotel because the game is so late and long.

Get that .8 this week.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 2/3/19 6:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am cautiously optimistic at this point! I would love to be at goal for my first anniversary on the 14th. Travel safe!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/2/19 8:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ So awesome of you to help your friend! I hope the warm up help everything get back to normal where you are! Today is wet wet wet and it's supposed to rain for the next few days straight. We are packing and organizing, starting with all the stuff we don't use and I was hoping to get into the garage and stage some. There are boxes of things I haven't touched in YEARS so I think they will be tossed. I have the movers booked - we are too old to be moving stuff up and down stairs! So are all of our friends and family. We all have a bad back, hip, neck or knee - something and I am in no mood to be that exhausted ever again! Still, moving is stressful and I will be so happy when we are in the new house.

Tomorrow is the super bowl! My Pats v Rams. I'm hoping for a win, but honestly a GOOD GAME is more important to me.

2 years, 2 months - 173.4

b-scrambled egg with cheese

l-protein pancake

d-baked chicken

es-l&f greek yogurt half frozen

v/l on track

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 2/2/19 9:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had a couple of boxes like that -- I couldn't bring myself to throw them out unchecked..I moved them to the trash, opened and poked through them...and found a favorite pair of shoes I'd been missing since I moved to Arizona. Nothing else useful in them, lol.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 339 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 93 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?