What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 2/4/19 9:37 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thanks - I have a suspicion I will be "Hangry" tomorrow. Told my boss I may not be in for the entire day

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Emiepie
on 2/4/19 11:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

The rest might be needed that's for sure!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/4/19 12:27 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I dreaded turning 50 because of that scope - as in I worried about it off & on for like two years (!) - but after it was over, I thought, "that's it??". It's a big nothing. The prep is BY FAR the worst part!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

karenp8
on 2/4/19 5:30 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post for accountability as we are leaving in a couple minutes. Lily and I got our 4 miles in a.lready and will do another 1.2 miles later. Accountability yesterday spot on and 10,148 steps taken. Weight today125.6. TSS 6 years 5 months. Heres food today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and almond butter L not sure as we'll be out but will be some kind of protein D 4 oz baked chichen thigh S 1 oz pork rinds. QOTD no smart phone here. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone! Time for coffee!

Librarian67
on 2/4/19 12:09 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Where are you headed this time and for how long? Hopefully somewhere with Wifi, that is warmer than IL & that has good places for you and Lily to walk!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

karenp8
on 2/4/19 3:45 pm - Brighton, IL

Just up to the distribution warehouse for today to help load a container going to Guatemala. Then headed back home. Lily and I even got our second walk in when we got back.

Amy Liz
on 2/4/19 1:03 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I want to thank you again for reminding me how powerful our before photos can be. I put one on my phone - the lock screen and MAN there is just no escaping the old me (I never realized how often I looked at my phone). I never want to feel that way again.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

karenp8
on 2/4/19 3:47 pm - Brighton, IL

I'm right there with you! That's why mine lives on the frig. I need to start moving it to the camper when we travel.

catwoman7
on 2/4/19 5:39 am, edited 2/3/19 9:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

I actually slept for seven hours last night (YAY!), so I'm feeling very refreshed this morning. Our visitor from Turkey is awake, which means he'll probably get on the bus to get to his lab around 8:00 or 8:30, as planned - which means I can go to this coffee social at 9:00 for this new social group I joined - double yay! Plus it'll be 40+ degrees again today, for the third day in a row - yay yay yay!!

we did a ton of running around this weekend with our temporary boarder. My feet are still killing me, but I'm glad for all the walking. We took him to a Super Bowl party last night. We hope to take him to a hockey game this coming weekend. And I'm taking him to a Turkish student association meeting on Thursday. Even though he insists he wants to hang around native English speakers to improve his English (which is already great, I might add...), I think it'd be good for him to connect with the Turkish community in town. Even some of the older ones who work here and are permanent residents or citizens do things with the Turkish student association - it's a huge organization, and they're very active - and it's basically the way all the Turks in town connect with each other. I was involved with them c. 10 years ago when I hung out with a truckload of Turkish graduate students and researchers (many of whom I met through the organization).

QOTD: I really don't use my phone very much except to text and to send quick messages - or look up something quickly if I'm out and about. It's too small for me to do much else on it. I check my Fitbit app every morning to see how I slept, though. And I check the Facebook app occasionally - like if I'm trying to kill time waiting for an appt or something. I also use WhatsApp off & on when I'm in contact with someone overseas. I used it last summer a lot with a friend from Turkey - and am now using it again with the guy mentioned above instead of regular texting.

3 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 2 oz chicken on a Flat Out wrap with 2 T hummus

AS: light yogurt or baby carrots with 2 T hummus

D: maybe leftover beef/veggie stew? Boy - I haven't even thought about this!

ES: same as AS

have a good day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Writergurl08
on 2/4/19 5:48 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! I found out that my work mentor for this week is someone DH plays Dungeons and Dragons with, so now I'm not sure I'll take him seriously as a trainer/mentor ;) kidding, of course. I only was introduced to him last week, and at the time didn't realize he was a gaming buddy of my husband's. The joke is that the orientation trainer I had for my first couple days is also a part of this D&D group. I joke that everyone at my new job already knows me because they play D&D with my husband.

Qotd: MFP, Fitbit, and probably Facebook.

Breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: I checked the menu Friday and now am fuzzy about the lunch options. I think there was a chicken entree option, and likely some veggies

dinner: I forgot to put something in the fridge to thaw. Whoops! Turkey burgers then I guess.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 228 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics