What is on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 2/5/19 2:05 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Howdy friends, how is everyone? It frigging pouring rain here, RAIN! I hate in the winter when its super cold out and then it rains and turns all the snow to muddy grey wet slush, drives me mental. And you all know I love my snow so now all the snow is gone and we are just left with all that wet slushy crap. End of rant

Accountability: excellent, had a small pouch day yesterday - this rarely happens at 5 yrs out so I will take it

QOTD: How many of you are breakfast eaters and what time do you eat your breakfast? I am not a breakfast person. I would much prefer to sip on coffee for hours and then just eat lunch. I often post I am going to have xxx for breakfast and usually don't end up eating it as I just don't like food in the early AM. I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I try to eat but will be honest I end up skipping it a lot. If I do eat breakfast its usually around 7:30-8:00am after I have had a few coffees.

TSS: 5 yrs + 2 mos

B: decaf coffee with coconut milk and "planned" triple zero yogurt with flax seeds

L: I have been craving Caesar salad for a few days now, will find a place near work and get a take out Caesar salad with added chicken

S: mini carrots & raw almonds

D: grilled chicken/red pepper/shallots/jalapeno (think the insides of a fajita) with Mexican seasoning

S: triple zero yogurt

V: patchMD patches are on + oral B12

E: probably nothing since its raining, if the rain stops will take the dogs out for a 5km hike

L: 150oz is my minimum (water & decaf coffee)

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

bethmal
on 2/5/19 3:37 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Daisy and OHers,

I completed my goal of not eating after 7 PM last night so I am going to challenge myself and do it again today. Snacking has come into my life and I need it to leave ASAP hence the goal. I feel bloated and irritated with myself for this snacking habit.

Today I am taking sixty 5th graders to see a play in Wilmington called Freedom Bound. It's about the underground railroad and they have been reading and studying that is ELA. It's an easy trip to take I just get worried about leaving someone behind! After work, I am going to take a walk (It's supposed to be 60 degrees today!) before my friend comes over. She recently separated from her husband and needs someone to talk to that won't judge her. I had no idea they were having issues and my heart is hurting for her.

QOTD: I am not a breakfast eater and don't have anything for several hours after I get up. My stomach isn't awake. I have always been like that and I just don't care for eating first thing in the morning. I do like drinking coffee and hot tea all morning long and don't seem to have a problem with that.

TSS: 1 year and 1 month - weight: 163

M1: PP protein shake with vitamins

M2: 2 ounces ham/2 ounces turkey (leftovers from Sunday) and green beans

M3: Greek yogurt

M4: Honey Soy Chicken (new recipe) with roasted asparagus

120+ ounces of water

Have a great day full of healthy choices!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That sounds like an awesome field trip!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 2/5/19 5:26 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Enjoy your day, John Browns Farm and Final resting place is near Lake placid Ny,. not far from where I live.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 7:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I listened to Midnight Rising about John Brown last year on audiobook. Fascinating man.

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/5/19 7:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job on making your after 7 goal! I hope you have a blast on the field trip.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Theduffman27
on 2/5/19 10:33 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Great job not eating after 7 pm!!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

rugertide
on 2/5/19 1:56 pm
RNY on 04/12/18

That's hard to do

HW: 368, SW: 353, GW: 174, RNY on 4/12/2018 w/ Dr. McKinlay, CW: 216.2 and descending

Eat clean. Look clean. Work hard. Fit Happens.

It's not just the weight you lose, but the life you gain. You will soon fall in love with taking care of yourself, your body, your mind, and your spirit and you execute from the inside out.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 4:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning Daisy and menu pals! Daisy, you get some crazy ice storms up that way, I hope the rain moves through fast before it gets too cold (and for you, I hope the snow comes back, lol).

People, have you tried the furniture slider pads? I had to rearrange 3 giant bookcases and they were awesome!! Life changing if you are one of those people that hates to ask for help, even after people offer. May be the best 6.44 I have ever spent!

One meeting this morning and then more unpacking. I finally feel like I will actually be unpacked at some point.

Qotd - I love breakfast! I could (and do) skip lunch all the time but I do like breakfast. I don't eat as soon as I wake up, usually 2-3 hours later. My favorite breakfast is steelcut oats. I am looking forward to adding oats back in to my diet once I'm in maintenance for just that reason. I think the overnight oats will work in perfectly since I can grab them for the office easily.

Accountability - I did get out to the store so made some higher protein lower carb swaps - came in 632/73/12 on a plan of 690/62/17.

menu today

coffee + half and half, tea and water

b - 4 oz deli ever roast chicken, 1 oz cheddar

l - 4 oz deli Italian roast beef, 1 oz cheddar

d - Elli quark

s - L&F greek (still no freeze but putting it outside after dark for a few hours is almost as effective, lol)

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jen

karenp8
on 2/5/19 6:42 am - Brighton, IL

What does your quark taste like? I've seen it in the start and didn't know if I'd care for it or not.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 95 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?