What is on your menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 7:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Texture wise, it's closer to regular yogurt than greek yogurt; it's a bit less tart and the Elli brand (which is the only one I've tried) seems to be really good with their flavor profiles, the lemon tastes like drinking lemon water, the brownie batter tastes like licking the brownie bowl, etc. I haven't noticed an aftertaste to it, but I had noticed that it was a little tingly-cool on my tongue and I saw last night that it has the ethritol and I think that's one of it's effects.

the one i have for today is sea salt caramel and the nutrition profile is 6 oz for 80 calories, 14 protein, 11 carb (6g sugars, 5g erythritol). I will have to double check if that's the profile for all the flavors. One of the things I love about the L&F greek is that no matter the flavor, it's the same profile.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 2/5/19 7:55 am - Brighton, IL

I think I might have to pick some up at Target. Thanks!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 10:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Let me know how you like it!

Jen

AnnyBananny
on 2/5/19 8:04 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Those slider pads are the best! Our professional library movers even used them for various things during the building of our shelving, etc.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/19 10:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had always been skeptical but now I am a believer! Two of my bookcases are 8 ft (and i"m 5'3) so moving them was always a challenge, now I can rearrange every day, lol.

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/5/19 5:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Even worse than wet slush is when that wet slush freezes. I hope that doesn't happen for you!

I have to skip my usual morning walk as I'm waiting for the pest control guy to come spray. How much do you want to bet that he comes after I would have been home?

Accountability: 100% but weight was up .2. I always hate that...

QOTD: I have pondered this lately! I also am not terribly hungry in the morning (unlike the end of the day). When MO, I often skipped breakfast. But since I started on this journey, the nutritionist stressed the importance of jumpstarting my metabolism in the morning by eating. I have the same thing every morning which equates to about 150 calories. I usually eat between 9-10. I do delay lunch because of breakfast, never eating before 1 and usually closer to 2. That allows me to either skip an afternoon snack or keep it to a minimum. All are strategies to have enough calories to eat a good dinner and a snack a couple of hours later to quell my late day hunger.

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: DCGirl's tuna, artichoke salad and feta mix plus cottage cheese

D: leftover taco stuffed green peppers (yummm)

S: sweetened cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Writergurl08
on 2/5/19 5:25 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning everyone! Quick post as I slept in a bit too long!

qotd: I eat late breakfast/brunch on weekends, but during the week I typically just have coffee. Maybe I'll have a mid morning yogurt sometimes but usually not.

Breakfast: coffee with Premier

lunch: looked like Chinese on the menu, General tso chicken and a beef entree. I'll maybe have a little of both and some steamed veggies

Dinner: on my own on tuesdays, maybe a turkey burger or some shrimp

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Kakesie
on 2/5/19 5:37 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family!

QOTD: I get up pretty early, around 6 am, so I drink a couple cups of coffee first and then have breakfast a little later on.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 92, Calories - 1,285, Carbs - 177.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

Have a wonderful day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 2/5/19 5:40 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning Menu world! It's actually quite a lovely day here - blue sky, the sun is out, and it's quite mild. I think I'll get out for a walk at lunch time today.

Accountability: awful. Sunday and Monday were complete and total **** shows, there is no other way to describe it, but I'm back and ready to stay on track today!

QOTD: I am a breakfast eater, but a little later on. On work days I normally bring my breakfast with me and eat it here around 9-9:30. I like to have my coffee, settle in, then eat.

TSS: coming up on 5 years

B: coffee with half and half, egg cups

S: Siggi's yogurt

L: egg salad and a string cheese

S: turkey sticks

D: a new chicken curry recipe with riced cauliflower

S: PB pretzels and 2 lemon Girl Scout cookes

E: Aqua Zumba (trying to make it to THREE classes this week and I'm very excited!)

I'm really trying to focus on getting liquids in again this week - why is it so easy to forget to DRINK anything all day?!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

catwoman7
on 2/5/19 5:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Well our Turkish boarder talked to the woman whom he originally rented a room from and has decided to give it another try. He only stayed there one night before (before texting me in desperation, wanting me to come and get him), when he was exhausted, jetlagged, homesick, and freezing (it was during the polar vortex, and he was in a (finished) basement room). DH and I went over there last night to pick him up, and we actually really liked the woman. REALLY liked. She's elderly but acts like she's 40 or 50 - and she's super smart and has traveled all over the world. Very involved with the community. Tons of hobbies and interests. On the board of several civic organizations. We thought we'd be there for like ten minutes but were there almost two hours. I'd totally live at her house! So hopefully this will work out for him.

this morning I'm headed to campus to be evaluated for another research study related to the longitudinal Alzheimer's study that I'm in. This one measures blood flow to the brain in younger and older people and how it relates to eventual dementia. It just involves ultrasounds - no MRIs or blood tests or (thankfully), lumbar punctures. And only two visits if I'm approved. So this one should be a breeze...

QOTD: I eat breakfast every morning around 7:00. As you know, Greek yogurt is my standard breakfast, and I really miss it on the occasional days when I don't have it!

3 years 8 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with mango pieces (1/3 of a mango), coffee with half & half

MS: I think a protein bar since I'll be at the research lab

L: 2 oz chicken breast on a Flat Out with 2 T hummus

AS: protein shake

D: leftover Mississippi pot roast

ex: something - since I didn't go yesterday! Probably something aerobic at the gym

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 27 views