What' is on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Librarian67
on 2/7/19 2:23 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Unfortunately not... It was my 8 month checkup. Everything is looking great except for half of the revision of my bypass scar (I had an open surgery not lap & that scar was HORRIBLE!). He wants to wait until the year and see how it is and then maybe do a revision or try some steroid injections.

We did talk about removing some skin from my thighs (not a total thigh lift) since I have so much drooping on my inner thighs even with all of the muscle I have. A much safer surgery and significantly shorter recovery time but it wouldn't totally fix it all...just make it less horrifying to wear shorts and a bathing suit.

We also talked about removing some skin from my underarms and down my sides to remove the extra side-breast skin that couldn't be fixed even with the extended BL.

All of that said, with DW on disability, it may never be a possibility now. I'll have to see. Frankly, the worse parts are done and I am very happy with it.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Writergurl08
on 2/7/19 4:50 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Cold and snowing here too, and I was kind of hoping for a snow day so I could work from home instead of venturing out! But I need to go do my labs either way, in preparation for my 1 year follow up appointment. The actual appointment is on the 18th.

Qotd: I generally avoid them and don't speak with them if I can avoid it, but if they are acting very directly or they are affecting my work or mental well being, I have no qualms with asking outright if they have a problem with me.

breakfast: coffee with premier

lunch: roasted chicken or meatloaf were on the menu today. I'll likely go with the chicken, but might try a bite of the meatloaf

dinner: chicken again, tomatoes basil marinated, and roasted zucchini

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Librarian67
on 2/7/19 9:54 am
RNY on 02/28/17

A coworker-friend of mine who is from Western NE said that it's -15 today there and -40 wind chill! Please be careful and stay safe!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Writergurl08
on 2/7/19 10:24 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Thanks! I'm in Eastern NE (Omaha), and it's -14 with the windchill. I have remote start, and a warm coat and mittens, so I'm doing ok as long as I'm just walking from one warm space to another lol

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

AnnyBananny
on 2/7/19 5:24 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! Mild weather again here in the Mid-Atlantic, but a foggy drive in. I was just waiting to make a left turn off a fairly busy road and the car behind me got rear-ended - thankfully they didn't a) seem to be hurt and b) end of up hitting me! But the loud CRASH was a wake up call I didn't need.

I'm also having a rough work week, D. I'm super unfocused - not sure why - but I'm going to use some comp time this afternoon and leave early, because apparently I need it.

QOTD: I'm an avoider until I have to stop avoiding. The thing that has been tricky for me as a boss is learning what is just a personality conflict where I just don't like something about someone and what actually impacts the work and therefore needs to be addressed. It can be a delicate balance.

TSS: coming in on 5 years

B: coffee with half and half, egg cups

S: cottage cheese

L: egg salad with some rice crackers and string cheese

S: turkey sticks and and apple

D: greek beef with yogurt sauce

S: PB pretzels and two lemon Girl Scout cookies (the last two , "luckily" I have more boxes of cookies in the freezer. I've actually been able to do well with planning this sweet into my day and being satisfied with it, so I'm ok with keeping them around...for now)

E: Another Aqua Zumba class tonight

Getting my liquids in has been going fairly well, but must keep at it! I forgot what it was like to have to pee every 5 seconds though.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 2/7/19 5:29 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I got drenched walking this morning and only got 2 miles done. I'll either do the rest with her later if she needs to move or I'lldo 1.5 miles on the treadmill. We'll do our 1.2 miles before supper too. Accountability was spot onyesterday and I got 120 ounces of fluids too. Weight is up though at 126.4 and fingers are swollen. QOTD I usually avoid annoying people or if that's not possible I'm so nice I make myself sick. Heres today's food B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 2 slices turkey 1 slice cheese D 4 oz fish S 2 oz pork rinds with black bean salsa--this was yummy last night so we're going with it again. Have a great day everyone and make your best choices. Time for some coffee!

Emiepie
on 2/7/19 7:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You are a trooper!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Librarian67
on 2/7/19 9:55 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Kisses & snuggles to Lily!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/19 6:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy jr Friday indeed! I'm am so excited because I entirely accidentally picked an east west oriented house and I can see the difference in the snow melt options already. My N facing community mates still have snow from last week (and possibly the week before).

Accountability was ok - I ran out to do some errands and ended up off track from my plan but once I got home I made some swaps to keep it from becoming a complete train wreck.

QOTD - in my personal life, I avoid people like that -- in my work life, I really only jump in and address it if it's directed toward my team or if it's making it hard for me to get my job done. I do not tolerate people bullying or being mean to my team members and I will fix it fast, directly and with appropriate documentation.

I am meeting with my old trainer today to see if we can put together a plan; he left the gym I started at and now has a home gym setup that he uses, he also has a separate full time gig so I think the planning of this might make it a now go...with my travel schedule and my new commute/6 am starts, I'm going to have to be very picky on timing.

Menu today is coffee + half and half and then tea

B - 3 oz ever roast deli chicken, 1 cheese stick

L - 3 oz ever roast deli chicken

D - 3 oz deli roast beef, 1 oz cheddar

S - L&F greek (my attempt last night to freeze it outside didn't work..not enough time, so I put one out this morning already; it's -4 going up to 20 so I'm feeling good about a frozen yogurt snack tonight).

706/87/13 is the plan for the day

Have a great Thursday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 2/7/19 8:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It can be stressful to figure out a new gym routine! Just try to avoid doing what I did - being anxious, fearful, and mopey. I love my new gym and couldn't be happier. So if you have to cobble together a variety of classes at various places or find a big box gym and meet a new trainer...hopefully it will work out in the end!

I LOLed at your first comment. We accidentally live in a house facing the right way too. We get full sun in our front yard. What's weird though, is that my home office is in the front of the house, and Kris works in a room in the back of the house. And I sometimes sit in front of a fan while he's next to the roaring fireplace! The temp can vary that much!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics